Has anyone figured out how to clear the cache from Oreo Beta? The revised Settings interface has no viable way to do this that I can find
    07-23-18 03:52 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to clear the cache from Oreo Beta? The revised Settings interface has no viable way to do this that I can find
    You won't need to.

"Android O gives better guidance and behaviors around cached data. Each app is now given a disk space quota for cached data….

When the system needs to free up disk space, it will start by deleting cached files from apps that are the most over their allocated quota. Thus, if you [the developer of an app] keep your cached data under your allocated quota, your cached files will be some of the last on the system to be cleared when necessary. When the system is deciding what cached files to delete inside your app, it will consider the oldest files first (as determined by modified time).”
    07-23-18 04:03 PM
    I'd still like to be able to delete cached files manually. Can you access cached data in the app settings instead of storage? Unfortunately I have a Sprint version so am unable to test for myself.
    07-24-18 04:29 AM
    I'd still like to be able to delete cached files manually. Can you access cached data in the app settings instead of storage? Unfortunately I have a Sprint version so am unable to test for myself.
    You can certainly clear it on an app by app basis.
    07-24-18 05:43 AM
    You won't need to.

"Android O gives better guidance and behaviors around cached data. Each app is now given a disk space quota for cached data….

When the system needs to free up disk space, it will start by deleting cached files from apps that are the most over their allocated quota. Thus, if you [the developer of an app] keep your cached data under your allocated quota, your cached files will be some of the last on the system to be cleared when necessary. When the system is deciding what cached files to delete inside your app, it will consider the oldest files first (as determined by modified time).”
    Complete baloney! Do you believe everything you read? Clearing cached data isn't (primarily) about disk space, it's about system and app sluggishness. It still improves responsiveness of your phone. And now they've made it a pain to do.
    07-24-18 06:33 AM
    Complete baloney! Do you believe everything you read? Clearing cached data isn't (primarily) about disk space, it's about system and app sluggishness. It still improves responsiveness of your phone. And now they've made it a pain to do.
    I've been running Oreo on my 3GB KEYᵒⁿᵉ for a week now, and have had no need to clear the cache yet (and I would have on Nougat). Still just as slick as day one.
    Frank Costanza and Smokeaire like this.
    07-24-18 06:57 AM
    I've been running Oreo on my 3GB KEYᵒⁿᵉ for a week now, and have had no need to clear the cache yet (and I would have on Nougat). Still just as slick as day one.
    I agree. Hopefully it will be the same for those with KEYᵒⁿᵉ once Oreo goes live.
    07-24-18 07:07 AM
    Conite, what is System showing in storage on your Keyone? Mine is showing as 9.01gb.
    07-24-18 06:45 PM
    Conite, what is System showing in storage on your Keyone? Mine is showing as 9.01gb.
    8.95GB
    07-24-18 06:48 PM
    8.95GB
    Thanks, it appears there were issues when I got the beta download that the development team are looking at. But generally we are looking at about 1gb less reserved for System than in Nougat...?
    07-24-18 06:59 PM
    Thanks, it appears there were issues when I got the beta download that the development team are looking at. But generally we are looking at about 1gb less reserved for System than in Nougat...?
    I don't remember.
    07-24-18 07:14 PM
    I don't remember.
    It was 9.86gb
    07-24-18 10:03 PM
    Need it or not... isn't there a setting to allow it?

On my Samsung they actually made it easier... there is a Device Maintenance tab with an Optimize button that

Closes Background Apps
    Clears the Cache
    Checks for abnormal Battery usage (usually catches my Hulu App if I stream a lot)
    Detect for Crashed apps

But it allows Cache to also be clear for the whole device under storage and under each app. Don't know what OREO or what's Samsung.
    07-25-18 03:59 PM
    That sounds like all Samsung. In stock Android 8.1, you have to clear cache app by app, under either apps or storage.. It sucks.
    07-25-18 04:12 PM
    Need it or not... isn't there a setting to allow it?

On my Samsung they actually made it easier... there is a Device Maintenance tab with an Optimize button that

Closes Background Apps
    Clears the Cache
    Checks for abnormal Battery usage (usually catches my Hulu App if I stream a lot)
    Detect for Crashed apps

But it allows Cache to also be clear for the whole device under storage and under each app. Don't know what OREO or what's Samsung.
    Samsung is hanging on to the older process.
    07-25-18 05:03 PM
    You can download SD Maid too..
    07-26-18 11:37 AM
    You can download SD Maid too..
    Doesn't touch the cache.

But it's good for general cleanup.
    07-26-18 12:27 PM
    Doesn't touch the cache.

But it's good for general cleanup.
    Sorry if I'm mistaken, but isn't it cache cleaner? I have attached the sd maid screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Clean cache on oreo beta-210444.jpg  
    07-27-18 01:02 AM
    Sorry if I'm mistaken, but isn't it cache cleaner? I have attached the sd maid screenshot
    I use it all the time. It's not the same.

Try this: look at cached data in settings, then run SD Maid (or any of the other cleaners), and then look at cached data again.
    07-27-18 06:27 AM
    can someone guide how to download oreo even after registered in beta programme!
    07-27-18 10:46 PM
    can someone guide how to download oreo even after registered in beta programme!
    It's by invitation.
    07-27-18 11:40 PM