View Poll Results: Classic vs Keyone PKB; which is better?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic PKB

12 70.59%
  • Keyone PKB

5 29.41%
    Funny . I had my 2013 RAM in for the same issue , airbag wiring harness in steering column causing it to go off inadvertently
    There's only so many ways to wire up the airbag. Most cars do it in a similar fashion. Unfortunately for a few models of cars it had an unforeseen problem...
    06-20-17 07:22 PM
    KEYone hands down imo is the best keyboard I have ever used. I have used a bold 9900, classic and passport and none can come close to the smart keyboard of the KEYone. It is so fun to type with!
    06-20-17 10:00 PM
    How about the q10 keyboard compaed to the classic and keyone????
    06-21-17 12:12 PM
    I like both keyboards. I may slightly prefer the KeyONE's keyboard.
    06-21-17 12:29 PM
    I had Q10, Classic, and now the KEYone.

I loved the Q10 keyboard. It has a matte finish. Keys make a quiet but still firm click.

Classic had shinier and slightly larger keys than the Q. Keys were a bit louder of a click and slightly more firm in my opinion. Same sculpting and travel as the Q.

KEYone has a very different keyboard. It is dramatically different than the other two. It feels rubbery in a way. Keys are much quieter and have less travel. Equal amount of firmness though. They are also slightly smaller, which I kind of like because it there is less distance and I find I type slightly faster (plus the swipe predictions help with that).

The only actual downgrade of the K1's keyboard is the lack of sculpting. If it were more heavily sculpted, had a tad more clickiness (but not more firmness), and were a tiny bit taller, it would be a dream keyboard.

Overall you will not be disappointed. Though there certainly is room for improvement on the K2.
    palewhiteninja likes this.
    06-21-17 09:19 PM
    Hello,

The two keyboards are good.
    I just prefer a little the Classic one for esthetic pupose because keys are less glossy and have better backlight. It was the Classic

Kr,
    Moo
    I was thinking the same thing about the Classic, but the keys on the KEYone are definitely clickier and more evenly responsive.

I loved my Classic but at times I found the keys more mushy, especially when now compared to the KEYone.

I do sort of miss the sculpted keys of the Classic, but now that I've had the KEYone for a while, I like the plain square glossy keys a lot too.
    06-21-17 09:52 PM
    My Q10 had a 't' key that was touch only, while all the rest of the keyboard keys were 'press.' I thought the Classic was their best phone ever and only really moved on to Keyone because of Android taking over the world. Having written that, I do like Keyone's simplicity.
    06-21-17 11:06 PM
    My Q10 had a 't' key that was touch only, while all the rest of the keyboard keys were 'press.' I thought the Classic was their best phone ever and only really moved on to Keyone because of Android taking over the world. Having written that, I do like Keyone's simplicity.
    So your 't' key magically turned capacitive? 🙃
    06-21-17 11:41 PM
    The Q10 had the absolute worst keyboard out of any BB I've used...

For me the order from worst to best out of the ones I've used is:

Q10 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9900 -> KEYone -> Classic

With really the last 3 really close to being tied. The Bold 9900 is technically smaller than the Q10, but the curve made it easier to type on compared to the Q10. The Classic and KEYone kept the straight keyboard from the Q10, but the added width made a drastic improvement... I think smaller keyboards need the curve to be good. If the Q10 had a curved keyboard it definitely would have been a great pkb in my opinion.
    06-22-17 03:32 PM
    I had Q10, Classic, and now the KEYone.

I loved the Q10 keyboard. It has a matte finish. Keys make a quiet but still firm click.

Classic had shinier and slightly larger keys than the Q. Keys were a bit louder of a click and slightly more firm in my opinion. Same sculpting and travel as the Q.

KEYone has a very different keyboard. It is dramatically different than the other two. It feels rubbery in a way. Keys are much quieter and have less travel. Equal amount of firmness though. They are also slightly smaller, which I kind of like because it there is less distance and I find I type slightly faster (plus the swipe predictions help with that).

The only actual downgrade of the K1's keyboard is the lack of sculpting. If it were more heavily sculpted, had a tad more clickiness (but not more firmness), and were a tiny bit taller, it would be a dream keyboard.

Overall you will not be disappointed. Though there certainly is room for improvement on the K2.
    I agree about the sculpting. But I believe it has to do with the swipe gestures not working right if there is too much sculpting, like it not being able to sense your swipe continually since your thumb would only touch the highest points in the sculpting as you swipe or something like that...
    06-22-17 03:34 PM
    Yes, that happens sometimes, the t got super sensitive so you can probably blow on it hard and it would type the t, lol.
    06-22-17 03:35 PM
    The Q10 had the absolute worst keyboard out of any BB I've used...

For me the order from worst to best out of the ones I've used is:

Q10 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9900 -> KEYone -> Classic

With really the last 3 really close to being tied. The Bold 9900 is technically smaller than the Q10, but the curve made it easier to type on compared to the Q10. The Classic and KEYone kept the straight keyboard from the Q10, but the added width made a drastic improvement... I think smaller keyboards need the curve to be good. If the Q10 had a curved keyboard it definitely would have been a great pkb in my opinion.
    Wow your post has me real curious about the KEYone's keyboard now that I see where you ranked it compared to the others. That's pretty good! I would say bb10 and up (can't go bbos because I been using BlackBerry for a long time so we'll be here all day if I started counting those) it would be Priv<Q10<Passport<Classic (with Classic being the best but Passport being my personal favorite). Can't wait to see where the KEYone ranks in that list for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 03:39 PM
    I had one of the Q10's that was plagued with double typing and in all honesty I like the KEYone PKB better. Like the "clickiness"
    06-22-17 03:59 PM
    Wow your post has me real curious about the KEYone's keyboard now that I see where you ranked it compared to the others. That's pretty good! I would say bb10 and up (can't go bbos because I been using BlackBerry for a long time so we'll be here all day if I started counting those) it would be Priv<Q10<Passport<Classic (with Classic being the best but Passport being my personal favorite). Can't wait to see where the KEYone ranks in that list for me.

Posted via CB10
    It's been a while since I've used my 9900. I no longer have it as I sold it after getting the Q10. So I'm not really 100% sure the KEYone is better, because I do remember the 9900 having an excellent keyboard. But either way, it's really good. I know I can type on it accurately without looking, and that's basically my main test for whether the keyboard is good or not. After 2 years of using the Q10 I was not able to type on it completely without looking. Sometimes I was kind of able to, but always found myself stumbling and finding mistakes... The Classic brought back the blind typing ability I had with the 9900, and I was doing it on the KEYone within a few days of using it.
    06-22-17 04:18 PM
    Am I crazy or are the keys on the Keyone glass-like, similar to the P9983? With the letters below the surface.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-22-17 06:11 PM
    Am I crazy or are the keys on the Keyone glass-like, similar to the P9983? With the letters below the surface.
    Yes, you got it.
    06-22-17 07:55 PM
    Love that
    06-22-17 08:19 PM
42 12