I was using the stock charger plugged into a surge power cord, the same one I've used for many years. The Passport charged no problem but the K1 didn't. In fact I was shocked that after a couple hours it was still charging.

The device was cold. It was on and I wasn't using it.

It may have been a fluke but when I wake up at 3 am and it's still charging, it looks suspicious.
    You are using the same charger on K1 you used for your PP?
    06-08-17 11:30 AM
    Why did my simple, innocent thread about poor charging menu design turn into a trollfest? INTERNET
    06-08-17 11:53 AM
    Are you confused? We're talking about the BlackBerry KEYone. Not your Priv. I don't care if your Priv can do jumping jack's, it doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

The BlackBerry KEYone and BlackBerry Priv have different sized batteries. I've tested it many, many times now and my BlackBerry KEYone has NEVER charged faster than 1% per minute. How many times have you charged a BlackBerry KEYone and timed it? Here's Screen shots from one of the many tests.

Factory charger was used:

Attachment 424755

Do you even own a KEYone?

But you know, you don't have to take my word for it. Other people here have also timed charging their BlackBerry KEYone.

90% in an hour and 55 minutes is no where near more than 1% per minute.
    Somebody didn't get a cookie @ school

Sometimes I wonder if some folks know what they are talking about or they just like to write and write and write, without any essence.
    Priv has a 3410 mAh battery while K1 has 3505 mAh, yeah, totally different size batteries, right, it's not like the Priv has 1000 mAh compared to the 3505 of the K1.
    Next, the Priv has QC 2.0 over microUSB 2.0 while the K1 has QC 3.0 over USB 3.1 type C (hint, I added some links so you can see the difference between QC 2.0 and 3.0 )
    Next, what I said has everything to do with the topic at hand, if you actually pay attention, understand what I wrote, instead of bashing my post. Why you may ask, has my post anything to do with the topic at hand? Because the difference between QC 2.0 and 3.0 is minor (charge time and charge % wise) so if I post that my Priv with QC 2.0 works without any issues while the K1 apparently doesn't, than you may think of 2 issues:
    1. The K1 you have is defective or there is a general issue with QC 3.0 on the K1
    2. The issue with QC 3.0 on the K1 is user related (not understanding how it works, not using proper QC 3.0 adapters or cables and so on).

Now ,I never said that you didn't use correctly QC nor that you used it, I simply said that an inferior phone that is 1 and a half years old, charges fine over QC 2.0 so you draw your conclusion.

PS: The higher % the battery is the more normal the charge is. meaning: if you have the phone at 5% and you charge for 10 minutes, it will have 15 or 20 % battery, while if you have 60% battery and charge the phone for 10 minutes it will have 62 or 64 % battery (this are just examples of battery % and charge times, real life ones may be different from case to case).
    06-08-17 12:38 PM
    Why did my simple, innocent thread about poor charging menu design turn into a trollfest? INTERNET
    Because opinions, opinions, opinions and internet ofc, the birthplace of trolls.
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-08-17 12:51 PM
    Because opinions, opinions, opinions and internet ofc, the birthplace of trolls.
    Last time I start a thread with my physical keyboard.
    06-08-17 12:54 PM
    Maybe the 36 min claim is with the phone off?
    Why wouldn't it be? It's the best condition to find out what the shortest charging time is.
    06-08-17 12:59 PM

Now ,I never said that you didn't use correctly QC nor that you used it, I simply said that an inferior phone that is 1 and a half years old, charges fine over QC 2.0 so you draw your conclusion.
    You implied that my original post was BS because of your own personal experience with an entirely different phone. It's pretty weird man.

Look, my post wasn't BS, my KEYone doesn't charge quickly enough to match the claims BlackBerry made. Nothing about what I said was BS. You may think my phone is defective, but I don't necessarily agree.

As of today, I have two BlackBerry KEYones and based on the first charging, the second phone isn't charging at any faster rate than the first one has been.

So I must have two defective KEYones and other posters must also have defective phones. Your Priv and battery Knowledge can't be wrong man. Sure, I actually own the phone we are talking about, but my claims are just BS right? I don't know what I'm talking about even though I have charged the battery in a KEYone and you haven't. Lol whatever...
    06-08-17 01:23 PM
    You implied that my original post was BS because of your own personal experience with an entirely different phone. It's pretty weird man.

Look, my post wasn't BS, my KEYone doesn't charge quickly enough to match the claims BlackBerry made. Nothing about what I said was BS. You may think my phone is defective, but I don't necessarily agree.

As of today, I have two BlackBerry KEYones and based on the first charging, the second phone isn't charging at any faster rate than the first one has been.

So I must have two defective KEYones and other posters must also have defective phones. Your Priv and battery Knowledge can't be wrong man. Sure, I actually own the phone we are talking about, but my claims are just BS right? I don't know what I'm talking about even though I have charged the battery in a KEYone and you haven't. Lol whatever...
    So what is your charge time expectation?
    I didn't imply anything, I said if I should call you on your BS or not, I never said, dude, your post is BS because the QC works as advertised.
    So again, what is your charge time expectation?
    06-08-17 01:55 PM
    You're new here. I think you mean bashfest. After a while you'll appreciate the entertainment value.
    06-08-17 02:39 PM
    You're new here. I think you mean bashfest. After a while you'll appreciate the entertainment value.
    Meanwhile... there are implications in this thread that you actually CAN use the KeyOne while it's charging. That doesn't seem to be the case with mine. Can't get past the battery % icon. Any advice?
    08-17-17 03:48 PM
    Meanwhile... there are implications in this thread that you actually CAN use the KeyOne while it's charging. That doesn't seem to be the case with mine. Can't get past the battery % icon. Any advice?
    You should probably start a new thread for your issue. You should definitely be able to use it while charging.
    08-17-17 03:59 PM
    Ok. Thanks. I agree!
    08-17-17 04:06 PM
    If you're using a quick charge compatible charger, both options will be quick charge, but boost mode they disable some things to make it even faster...

I wish they had an option for normal charging. I don't need quick charge while I'm asleep... I would rather it not heat up the phone at all. I'll be using the old cube from my Classic that isn't quick charge compatible...
    I plug my phone into my computer USB port at night and that seems to give me the slowest charging option.. Normally if starting at 5% or so, it finishes charging usually an hour up to right at the time when I get up in the morning which is perfect!

Generally speaking "Heat" is what kills battery life and electronics in general, so slow charging is my preference.
    08-17-17 04:41 PM
    Mine is set to always start in boost mode and stay on until 2 hours or 100%. But I'm pretty sure it runs boost to 50% and then throttles down like most quick charge phones.
    08-17-17 08:56 PM
    Mine is set to always start in boost mode and stay on until 2 hours or 100%. But I'm pretty sure it runs boost to 50% and then throttles down like most quick charge phones. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1a6f7bdce8.jpg
    As has already been discussed in this thread, Boost Mode has nothing to do with QuickCharge.
    08-17-17 08:59 PM
    I currently use a QI charge stand 5w output for KEYᵒⁿᵉ Via qc3 ac cube and qi receiver to USB-c and wonder if changing to an identical stand with 10w output will improve performance without heating or damage ??Clarifying the Charge Options-805788195.jpeg
    12-23-18 03:43 PM
41 12