EDIT: Title should say "Chronic KeyOne PROBLEMS I'm facing after two months of use. Admin, please edit if possible. Thank you.

After using the phone for two months, these are the chronic problems I'm having with my KeyOne (APAC version):

1) Intermittent failure to detect headphone disconnection. Requiring total phone restart.

2) Intermittent failure of capacitive keys. Requires phone lock and unlock to fix.

3) Intermittent failure to read micro SD card.

4) Certain apps having recently started to hang or crash.

5) 32GB is not enough space for apps. Unable to move apps to SD card, which is the fault of Android, not BlackBerry Mobile.

Seems TCL has continued BlackBerry's legacy of great but buggy phones. Anyone else having these issues?
    trophyspot likes this.
    09-12-17 12:24 AM
    (title tweaked)
    09-12-17 06:35 AM
    I had two keyones the first one was the screen failure and the second one had the capacitive key issue except a restart would not fix. I was going to get the att model until a friend of mine has one with the capacitive key issue. I am not getting a third one at this point there are tons of phones to choose out there. Good luck!
    09-12-17 06:54 AM
    I had two keyones the first one was the screen failure and the second one had the capacitive key issue except a restart would not fix. I was going to get the att model until a friend of mine has one with the capacitive key issue. I am not getting a third one at this point there are tons of phones to choose out there. Good luck!
    Its a shame they could have made it a really good phone but a combination of weird things screwed it up. Along with the screen and pkb problems they needed to really make more use of the kb and its intended use instead of just scrolling with it.
    09-12-17 07:32 AM
    Its a shame they could have made it a really good phone but a combination of weird things screwed it up. Along with the screen and pkb problems they needed to really make more use of the kb and its intended use instead of just scrolling with it.
    I think saying "just scrolling with it" is a little dishonest....
    09-12-17 07:40 AM
    What OS version (patch level) are you on OP?
    09-12-17 07:42 AM
    32GB is not enough space for apps. Unable to move apps to SD card, which is the fault of Android, not BlackBerry Mobile.
    How many apps have you got installed and how many do you actually use on a daily basis?
    09-12-17 07:44 AM
    I think saying "just scrolling with it" is a little dishonest....
    im not trying to be but from the short time ive had it it seems like they could have done a better job with it for example while in a browser you cant use the keys to go forward or back or use it to click on links just a few things they could have made better.
    09-12-17 07:45 AM
    im not trying to be but from the short time ive had it it seems like they could have done a better job with it for example while in a browser you cant use the keys to go forward or back or use it to click on links just a few things they could have made better.
    Try Keyboard browser.
    09-12-17 09:57 AM
    they needed to really make more use of the kb and its intended use instead of just scrolling with it.
    What more could a PKB do besides type and scroll/trackpad?
    09-12-17 11:45 AM
    What more could a PKB do besides type and scroll/trackpad?
    Tap to click on links, within the app drawer choose apps without touching the screen.....
    09-12-17 11:51 AM
    I can't say that I have experienced any of those issues.

I do wonder if #4 and #5 are related. If your phone really is near capacity, it wouldn't surprise me if that caused some apps to be unstable.

As a previous user has asked, how many Apps do you have? My 117 Apps (and ~300 photos) still leaves me with 14gb to spare.

Chronic KEYone problems I'm facing after two months of use-screenshot_20170913-011636.jpg
    09-13-17 03:31 AM
    Tap to click on links, within the app drawer choose apps without touching the screen.....
    C'mon now be serious, 1 CM thumb lift to tab on an app in the app drawer is too much of a burden for you? ROFL.
    09-13-17 04:26 AM
    @ OP. wow!
    Seems like it's faulty device. I haven't had those happen to date, except for the SD card. But i ended up formatting as the last time i did it was on my q10 -_-.

but all others works fine, with the ODD time the phone lags or crash, but not running many apps.
    09-13-17 08:50 AM
    I'm not getting the battery time, seems to be getting worse with time.
    09-13-17 09:47 AM
    OP, you have not answer the question about OS version. did you updated? how many app you have on your phone? 300? where are those apps from (geographic location, Japan? Korea, China?, or US?, any language pack you use?)
    09-13-17 07:43 PM
    Thank you!
    09-14-17 10:50 PM
    What OS version (patch level) are you on OP?
    August patch.
    09-14-17 10:50 PM
    I have a total of 91 apps installed. I use them all due to the nature of my work.
    09-14-17 10:54 PM
    I have a total of 91 apps installed. I use them all due to the nature of my work.
    Let me guess, cloud apps that pull down data/files onto the device such as CreativeCloud or similar
    09-14-17 11:39 PM
    Let me guess, cloud apps that pull down data/files onto the device such as CreativeCloud or similar
    No, your assumption is incorrect. IM apps, travel apps, and news apps dominate.
    09-14-17 11:44 PM
    No, your assumption is incorrect. IM apps, travel apps, and news apps dominate.
    News apps can easily collect junk but not sure it can do that much. If you're IMing lots of video that mind bump the storage as well but you simply delete the media and should be alright.
    09-15-17 03:22 PM
    Not having any of the problems the op speaks to. What I am having issues with is abysmal signal strength. Dropped lte and still getting between 1 to 2 bars. sometimes 0. My Classic was consistently 3 to 4 and call quality was considerably better. Is this a hardware issue? Seriously regretting this purchase!
    09-16-17 09:09 AM
    I can't say that I have experienced any of those issues.

I do wonder if #4 and #5 are related. If your phone really is near capacity, it wouldn't surprise me if that caused some apps to be unstable.

As a previous user has asked, how many Apps do you have? My 117 Apps (and ~300 photos) still leaves me with 14gb to spare.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170913-011636.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	429747
    I got you beat and I have no issues
    Attached Thumbnails Chronic KEYone problems I'm facing after two months of use-screenshot_20170916-103043-1-.jpg  
    09-16-17 09:33 AM
    4) Certain apps having recently started to hang or crash.
    I am definitely getting this, and I've only had the phone for 2.5 weeks. I notice it mostly when trying to reply to a Whatsapp message - either through quick reply in the notification bar or just tapping on the message to reply in Whatsapp itself. I'll type away, and then all the characters will be entered 5-6 seconds later. This is incredibly frustrating on a brand new phone.

I used Google Translate just now, and had the same thing happen.

My usage is similar to those who have replied above with their screenshots: About 110 apps installed, and total storage space of about 18 GB used.

Anybody know of any fixes?
    09-16-17 03:47 PM
32 12