Hello,

This is a photo of my Key1 at the moment.

I bought it off a guy on craigslist in Vancouver who told me that it will not boot because it needs battery replacement.

SO, I bought a new battery but unfortunately, it still remained to be a black screen even after charging attempts were made.

After staring at this non-functioning Blackberry Key1, for some reason, I just really want to fix it.

Because one repair guy told me that he does not see water damage, I am hoping that a replacement of the whole motherboard would do the trick.

Is there anyone out there (preferrably in Vancouver B.C.) with an extra non-damaged motherboard that is willing to give away for me to revive this Keyone?

Please and thank you!

-Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Check out my non-functioning KEYone!-img_0813.jpg  
    12-03-19 01:57 AM
    Sorry to hear....

Have you contacted the seller to let him know that it wasn't just the battery?
    12-03-19 02:05 PM
    Sorry to hear....

Have you contacted the seller to let him know that it wasn't just the battery?
    Yeah I bought it off independent seller on Craigslist. He’s now become non replying ghost. It’s ok. Buyers beware right.

I’ma Gonna fix it
    12-04-19 02:53 PM
    Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. How about the possibility of a bad screen/display? Unless you've already tested it and eliminated that. They're around $20 US on eBay. If that's not the issue, at least you have a spare. I would definitely go that route before changing the motherboard.
    12-04-19 02:56 PM
    Yeah I bought it off independent seller on Craigslist. He’s now become non replying ghost. It’s ok. Buyers beware right.

I’ma Gonna fix it
    Just as a test, hold down the power button for 32 seconds and see if the phone vibrates (it should vibrate at least 5 times). If you feel vibrations it's probably not the motherboard. If you don't feel any vibrations then it could be the power button among other things.
    12-04-19 04:34 PM
    hold power button and volume down both... if a menu appears, display works... select option "safe mode" using volume keys and enter using power key... if it boots, do a complete system restore from settings and you're in business...
    12-04-19 05:16 PM

I’ma Gonna fix it
    BUT... beware, even if you get the phone to boot up and if the phone has not been wiped and security removed you will need to sign in to Google with the previous owners credentials. Since he/she is not communicating with you that makes things real tough and even more so if it is a stolen phone.
    12-04-19 09:25 PM

I’ma Gonna fix it
    I like your moxie!
    12-04-19 10:12 PM