I was wondering if anyone else has experienced certain apps not functioning properly. I've gone as far as calling certain developers and they all tell me that they don't support BlackBerry. I tell them that the phone runs full Android. I just don't understand.
    02-08-18 08:11 AM
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced certain apps not functioning properly. I've gone as far as calling certain developers and they all tell me that they don't support BlackBerry. I tell them that the phone runs full Android. I just don't understand.
    I've never run into this problem., and I have almost 200 apps installed.

Can you give an example?
    02-08-18 08:22 AM
    WorkSimple
    02-09-18 07:44 AM
    WorkSimple
    Of course I don't have an account, but I can get to the login screen just fine.

I would add that it has a pitiful 3.3 rating on Google Play with a large number of people complaining about login and crashing issues.
    02-09-18 08:55 AM
    A few banking apps don't work too. They used to work earlier. Maybe something to do with enhanced security protocols not playing well with apps on their server side. This happens only on apps. Browser still allows for netbanking.
    02-09-18 09:20 AM
    A few banking apps don't work too. They used to work earlier. Maybe something to do with enhanced security protocols not playing well with apps on their server side. This happens only on apps. Browser still allows for netbanking.
    I have 5 banking apps on my phone and they all work perfectly.

There is nothing that differentiates the KEYᵒⁿᵉ from any other Android device as far as an app is concerned.

The security on BlackBerry Android is limited to kernel, boot, and system file integrity. The app space is pure Android.
    john_v likes this.
    02-09-18 09:41 AM
    I've had my KEYone for about a week now and had zero problems running all the apps I need.
    02-09-18 09:58 AM
    I have 5 banking apps on my phone and they all work perfectly.

There is nothing that differentiates the KEYᵒⁿᵉ from any other Android device as far as an app is concerned.

The security on BlackBerry Android is limited to kernel, boot, and system file integrity. The app space is pure Android.
    Apart from whats already known, let me reiterate, certain banking apps have stopped working. They used to work earlier, but after security updates, a few have stopped connecting. This has been my experience on erstwhile priv and current keyone. It has to do with security upgrades because that's precisely what stopped 3 banking apps of mine from even pinging home to their servers. Priv- Feb 2017. Keyone-Dec 2017. I've already posted developer reply screenshot on another thread where the dev has replied saying we do not support blackberry. Forget that the clueless developer even knows about an android bb, the fact that it worked fine before BB security updates and did not later on, only points to IMHO a "potential" security/IPV4/6 issue, which app server side has not yet taken into account. Thankfully mainstream Citibank & RBS still work without a glitch.
    02-10-18 12:31 AM
    Apart from whats already known, let me reiterate, certain banking apps have stopped working. They used to work earlier, but after security updates, a few have stopped connecting. This has been my experience on erstwhile priv and current keyone. It has to do with security upgrades because that's precisely what stopped 3 banking apps of mine from even pinging home to their servers. Priv- Feb 2017. Keyone-Dec 2017.
    PM me your list of apps, and I'll check it out.

The security patches simply don't affect the app space.
    02-10-18 12:33 AM
    PM me your list of apps, and I'll check it out.

The security patches simply don't affect the app space.
    Tried PM'ing. But it doesn't seem to work because nothing pops up in my sent item folder. Here's the app link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBIFreedomPlus

throws up an error "Version details not available"

This is a India based banking app.

Its the most popular bank in India, hence has 3 reviews right up top by 2 Keyone users and 1 priv users about it not working on their android blackberries.

Try it out & let me know if you see the same error upon parsing/launch.
    02-12-18 06:11 AM
    Tried PM'ing. But it doesn't seem to work because nothing pops up in my sent item folder. Here's the app link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBIFreedomPlus

throws up an error "Version details not available"

This is a India based banking app.

Its the most popular bank in India, hence has 3 reviews right up top by 2 Keyone users and 1 priv users about it not working on their android blackberries.

Try it out & let me know if you see the same error upon parsing/launch.
    Same error.

App is poorly coded and incorrectly detects root.
    valer466 likes this.
    02-12-18 07:08 AM
    Same error.

App is poorly coded and incorrectly detects root.
    If its detecting a Root issue (thinking device is rooted), then it's possibly down to Dtek?

Does such an error have an indent, as error number xx in Android SDK, so that i could point it out to the developers?

This app & the other 2 banking apps I mentioned (Indian Bank, HDFC) making it 3 apps, all worked before.

& if I'm right, the enhanced integrity (root wise) measures in the bootup of BB android passed through successive security updates have led to this situation. I don't rule out the poor level of coding either considering the app developers have just used an SDK to make UI, and have no further understanding of manufacturer level changes.
    Last edited by valer466; 02-13-18 at 05:57 AM.
    02-12-18 11:59 PM
    i also have the same problem, all my apps on keyone are not working while i'm on 4G But they do work perfectly using my wifi
    06-01-18 04:29 PM
    What's the solution for "Version details not available" error ??
    08-20-18 10:04 AM