On my KEYone, on VZW, the setting to use Cellular Data turned itself off today. I have no idea why. (This is after having it work fine for a year now. It was activated properly on VZW when I got it -- activated the SIM in my Priv first so it enables all features and services.)

The 4GB icon at the top of the home screen grayed out as a result. I still had normal ability to make calls and do texting, and still had the meter for signal strength (was at about half).

WiFi was turned off.

So, I turned Cellular Data back on. The 4GB icon came back to normal, and I tested it by browsing the web in Chrome. All was back to normal.

But five minutes later Cellular data had turned off again! By itself, again!

I spoke for half an hour with a tech support supervisor at Verizon and we had no idea what could have caused it. The VPN that I use was off and their tech support even confirmed it has no access or "permission" to turn Cellular Data on or off even if I wanted it to, so that wasn't it.

Any idea what in the world could have caused that? (It's been hours now and it's remained on.)
    10-11-18 10:51 PM
    We had that problem once and replaced the Sim card and the problem went away. Maybe try that.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-18 11:23 PM
    We had that problem once and replaced the Sim card and the problem went away. Maybe try that.
    Interesting. I mentioned that option to the tech supervisor but we didn't pursue it. I'll try that if it recurrs. Thanks.
    10-11-18 11:30 PM
    didn't you play with Datally application which is being developed by Google?
    This is one of the few apps which is able to turn on/off mobile data based on actual consumption for example.
    10-12-18 07:04 AM
    didn't you play with Datally application which is being developed by Google?
    This is one of the few apps which is able to turn on/off mobile data based on actual consumption for example.
    Nope. Never even heard of it before.
    10-12-18 01:57 PM