Seem to be a LOT of reported issues with cell reception, signal, call quality, etc. Many threads scattered throughout the forum, some with varying helpful info.

To help others troubleshoot, please reply with:
    1. Your general location
    2. Where you bought phone from
    3. Network/carrier
    4. Keyone variant and software update
    5. Description of reception quality in your experience.

Thanks! Hoping this will be helpful to many.

 C L A S S I C
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-14-17 at 06:52 PM.
    moosbb and anon(8679041) like this.
    06-14-17 04:25 PM
    1. GVR
    2. koodo
    3. bbb1002 / AAL093
    4. same kind of reception I got on the priv
    06-14-17 04:35 PM
    1. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    2. Rogers
    3. BBB100-1 / AAL483
    4. Signal strength is usually between -100 and -120. I can hear people fine, I sound garbled (Cutting in & out) to them. Calls will sometimes drop.

I will be calling them tomorrow for a replacement, hopefully it's just a bum device but seems a lot of people are having this issue.
    06-14-17 05:50 PM
    1. Chicago suburbs
    2. T-Mobile
    3. BBB-100-1/AAL964
    4. I don't have as many bars showing as I had on my Passport, and the 4GLTE seems intermittent, but I have absolutely no trouble hearing and other people say it's clearer than the Passport. ("Did you get a new phone? ")
    06-14-17 06:26 PM
    1. Lehigh Valley PA
    2. T-Mobile
    3. BBB100-1/AAL964
    4. Generally have 1 more bar than on my PRIV, call quality better than PRIV as well. Adjusted APN to newer Tmo settings found on their website.
    06-14-17 06:37 PM
    Seems in the USA t-mobile supports it all. So far both t-mobile users are saying they sound better.
    06-14-17 06:42 PM
    May I ask what APN does the website have? T-Mobile had me play with iPv4/iPv6 and iPv4 by itself. My issue is both signal and dropped calls. A little too much like 10-15 years ago.

1. Lehigh Valley PA
    2. T-Mobile
    3. BBB100-1/AAL964
    4. Generally have 1 more bar than on my PRIV, call quality better than PRIV as well. Adjusted APN to newer Tmo settings found on their website.
    06-14-17 07:49 PM
    My Priv was a lot smoother when it came to signal and call connections
    06-14-17 07:52 PM
    Seems in the USA t-mobile supports it all. So far both t-mobile users are saying they sound better.
    Yea, from the various forums it seems like Canadian users and ATT are having the most reception problems.

 C L A S S I C
    footnote likes this.
    06-14-17 08:04 PM
    I sure hope the folks that are affected with this reception issue get things resolved. This device sounds like it has a lot of issues so I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger on launch day like I have done with every single Blackberry ever released. Probably will just skip this one altogether.
    06-14-17 08:33 PM
    My Priv was a lot smoother when it came to signal and call connections
    Interesting, my PRIV was worse. Here are the APN settings I used.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30273
    06-15-17 06:30 AM
    Hmm. Reception could be considered as good if it gets around -60 to -70 dBm at least.
    06-15-17 07:03 AM
    1. NYC
    2. Amazon
    3. Verizon
    4. CDMA
    5. Great reception with no drop calls
    06-15-17 07:52 AM
    1. waterloo, ON
    2. Rogers
    3. Public mobile ( Tellus)
    4. AAL483
    5. ranges from 2-3 bars outside and 1-2 inside my home and work.
    06-15-17 07:57 AM
    1. Greater Toronto Area
    2. Rogers
    3. Rogers
    4. BBB100-1 / AAL483
    5. Signal strength is a lot worse than my S7 Edge was, it's noticeable for sure. Especially at home since the Rogers Coverage there isn't good but was still better on S7E. At least on the S7 Edge I had Wifi calling to help with this but no such luck yet on the KEYone.
    06-15-17 09:54 AM
    1. Pittsburgh, PA
    2. Amazon
    3. ATT
    4. GSM
    5. So far better than my s7 edge. My s7edge stuggled to hold a bar in my house which is a trouble area for ATT but so far KEYone has been holding 2 bars and calls no longer break up all the time. All the talk about reception issues were my 1 major concern waiting for the phone but all seems good so far.
    06-15-17 04:03 PM
    1. Austin, TX
    2. Bestbuy
    3. ATT
    4. BBB100-1 / AAL964
    5. No Call drops yet. But people sound like damped and are often difficult to understand. No idea how I sound to people. Should I get a replacement?
    06-15-17 05:09 PM
    1. Phoenix, AZ
    2. Best buy
    3. Tmobile
    4. GSM
    5. 2-3 bars inside my house which is normal and 4-full bar outside
    06-16-17 08:24 PM
    Just adding to this here for anyone following.

1. Ohio USA
    2. Amazon
    3. T-Mobile
    4. BBB100-1 / GSM
    5. I actually get better reception than with my Classic. Was not expecting that based on reviews here. I noticed that it likes to idle on LTE band 2/4, which has a pretty low signal, but when a call comes through or I place a call it hops on band 12 for VoLTE which gets a great strong signal. Also, I get much stronger WiFi reception with this. With the K1 I get WiFi and cell signal inside the concrete lined bathroom in our office, as well as in the elevators, both of which were complete dead zones with my Classic. And as an added plus, WiFi calling works flawlessly, whereas on the Classic it was buggy as hell and not reliable at all.
    06-26-17 02:58 PM
    1. New Jersey, USA
    2. Amazon
    3. ATT
    4. GSM Phone with latest updates installed
    5. In the office: 1-2 bars. In my townhouse: 2 - 3 bars but mostly 2. Out in the open can sometime get full bars. In New York City (street level): 3 bars. I had (still have) my Classic and if I recall correctly, my Classic had better reception overall (I rarely got 1 bar).
    07-06-17 02:09 PM
    1. Puebla, México
    2. The UK
    3. TelCel
    4. BBB100-2 / AAL682
    5. I get better cell reception and call quality compared to my DTEK50, as well as a better WiFi signal. It's been a while since I've used my Passport to make calls now, but I seem to remember that it was about the same, or a tad better, as the K1. The K1 has better WiFi reception and less WiFi drop-outs, though.
    07-06-17 03:01 PM
    1. Tucson, AZ USA
    2. Amazon
    3. ATT
    4. BB100-1/AAL964

Very poor cell reception and slow internet, both of which were in different locations. Was calling last night from my home and our friend was noticing choppy poor audio and breaking up. Called him back with my PPSE (didn't move) and he said the clarity was night and day better. Finished the 35 minute call with no problems.
    I've had this happen way too often and actually saw quite a few post before I purchased about reception issues.
    Hopefully, there will be a software fix as I really like the phone. (kind of think its a hardware issue though) If BBM can't fix this one, I'll have to return it. This is definitely NOT BB call quality. Really unfortunate...
    07-06-17 05:44 PM
    The problems with Blackberry KeyOne is everywhere:
    Saudi Arabia on STC
    Philippines on Smart and Globe
    both countries and Europe with the same corresponding GSM, UMTS and LTE specs
    Got online, UK shipped
    1) The worst Smartphone in terms of signal reception that I have ever experienced.
    2) Easily lost signal when entering buildings while other phone tested still connects
    3) With two signal bars inside a building you can no longer hear the other party on calls; while other phones tested still on clear calls
    4) Coming from dead zones it took very long to recover and connect, while other phones have already connected. I have to reboot and then it connects.
    5) This phone is good to just stay at home or office that is close to cell towers and not suitable for travel
    6) Fortunately, I was able to return and a promise of a repair but I doubt if it can be fixed unless TCL produce new batches with a fix on antenna problem
    07-18-17 02:22 AM
    The problems with Blackberry KeyOne is everywhere:
    Saudi Arabia on STC
    Philippines on Smart and Globe
    both countries and Europe with the same corresponding GSM, UMTS and LTE specs
    Got online, UK shipped
    1)The worst Smartphone in terms of signal reception that I have ever experienced.
    2)Easily lost signal when entering buildings while other phone tested still connects
    3)With two signal bars inside a building you can no longer hear the other party on calls; while other phones tested still on clear calls
    4)Coming from dead zones it took very long to recover and connect, while other phones have already connected. I have to reboot and then it connects.
    5)This phone is good to just stay at home or office that is close to cell towers and not suitable for travel
    6)Fortunately, I was able to return and a promise of a repair but I doubt if it can be fixed unless TCL produce new batches with a fix on antenna problem
    I'm located in Ukraine and have absolutely same signal that had on Passport before, same areas working good and same areas not working at all. I have US version BBB100-1. As far as I know for some non us countries it's better to use us version of keyone.
    07-18-17 03:28 AM
    1. UK, Ashby-de-la-Zouch
    2. TCL - directly
    3. Three UK
    4. BBB100-2 /AAL682 Build
    5. Quality is OK, but I got 1-2 bars less than I usually had with Passport.
    07-18-17 04:23 AM
31 12