As I continue to sit in CDMA hell waiting for a phone that may not come for a month + (my Amazon gives me the June 21 - July 11 'window' but that's just a placeholder and could very likely get pushed back) I keep reading more and more about the Note 8 and its earlier than scheduled arrival sometime in late August.

Between owning the 9930, Classic and now the PRIV, (and Playbooks, Storms, Pearls and Tours before that) I very much enjoyed my time with the Note 2, Note 3 and Note 4. Skipped the Note 5 due to the smaller non-removable battery, but preordered the Note 7 direct from Samsung, getting a free 256gig micro SD card for my troubles but never receiving the phone due to the exploding batteries etc...

I must admit, now that the wait time for the KEYone is likely pushing into July (or later) for us Verizon folks, it is easier to make the case to go back to a different, but still enjoyable, productive experience. If I could get even close to the battery life on the Note 8 that I know KEYone owners are getting, it would be a 'no-brainer' to me, but I travel for work and need the all day battery life that I've enjoyed in the past and with Samsung phones that allowed for battery swaps like the Notes until the 5 series.

The shame is that the undue delay and utter lack of CDMA transparency/honesty and the closing of the time frame gap gives me serious pause...And I am sure sales have been lost to folks that have already bailed on waiting. It is not KBC or Bla1ze responsibility to communicate the problem with the CDMA's - it is the job of BB Mobile and, to me anyway the whole process (sign up and get an email a day late when all is sold out, promise CDMA 5/31 availability a day before release date and then fail to provide available product and explain/update/inform consumer base, spotty quality control issues etc.) has been a real disappointment.

Interested to hear how other CDMA KEYone hopefuls are feeling and what they plan to do. How long are you willing to wait?
    roberte1342 likes this.
    06-06-17 11:22 AM
    For some reason edit not working for me...Of course, KBC in original post = CBK. Much appreciate the work KBC and Bla1ze do and feel very badly for them through all of this (though, they are not looking for pity/sympathy - they are pro's). The CDMA lack of communication is really a fiasco.
    06-06-17 11:29 AM
    I've already moved to the S8 with keyboard case but I haven't canceled my K1 order yet.

I agree with everything you wrote and would not be the least bit surprised if it's pushed back to August or September. This company has made a habit of lying and they will not be afraid to lie again.
    brunibruni likes this.
    06-06-17 12:14 PM
    How are the Note and KEYone related? Running Android and long battery life?

I've been seeing a lot of people comparing these two devices and having trouble figuring out why. Like the note is more productive than the S8 or something. Am I missing something?
    06-06-17 12:33 PM
    Only related (to me) in that they are the two phone brands I have used over the past 10+ years and I have found that both help me be a bit more productive than other phones. With the BlackBerry, the physical keyboard and all of its functionality is the star. With the Note series, I came to appreciate and increasingly rely on the S-Pen which I think is a marvel, especially when you can tuck it out of sight and maintain easy access to it. In short, I found both BlackBerry phones and the Note series very helpful in allowing me to get stuff done. Perhaps with different strengths and approaches, but both are attractive to me.

That is the only connection I intended to make: a viable different option/approach to solve for my rapidly declining PRIV (given all of IT's issues, it is a wonder that I still consider BlackBerry branded phones anymore - but that is a well worn topic for another post or 10.)
    06-06-17 12:49 PM
    How are the Note and KEYone related? Running Android and long battery life?

I've been seeing a lot of people comparing these two devices and having trouble figuring out why. Like the note is more productive than the S8 or something. Am I missing something?
    They both emphasize productivity. And the Note has an available keyboard case.
    06-06-17 01:09 PM
    I'm having a similar train of thought. I'm still using a now dying nearly 4 years old Note 3 with a 10,000mah expanded battery that lasts all day no matter what I do with it.

The hardest adjustment for me is moving to a device that doesn't have this capability. I'm half tempted to even ripping a hole in the back cover a new Note 8 and 3D printing my own bigger one that I can put in a larger battery (only half-tempted). The under powered battery saving SOC of the KEYone is my primary motivation of ordering this, the keyboard and shortcuts is secondary. But come August and it doesn't arrive yeah, I'm going for the Note 8 if it does end up arriving before my KEYone.
    06-06-17 02:38 PM
    Honestly, I already bought something else because the info on my order delay has been pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 03:20 PM
    I'm really considering the S8. I like the narrower profile compared to my current s7edge.
    06-06-17 10:43 PM
    I have cancelled my Keyone order and am looking at options. my poor Z30 is still hanging in there but it knows its days are numbered.
    06-06-17 11:30 PM
    Note 8 will cost a fair bit more than the KEYone, still be saddled with a laggy GraceUX UI, not have nearly as good keyboard or battery life as the KEYone.

It'll probably be a good phone, but it's not a fair comparison to the KEYone. That said, if you're fine with waiting longer and like Samsung phones, go nuts (and then there's one less hater who needs to post here 😋)
    06-07-17 02:21 AM
    Note 8 will cost a fair bit more than the KEYone, still be saddled with a laggy GraceUX UI, not have nearly as good keyboard or battery life as the KEYone.

It'll probably be a good phone, but it's not a fair comparison to the KEYone. That said, if you're fine with waiting longer and like Samsung phones, go nuts (and then there's one less hater who needs to post here )
    I'm always amazed how someone who is rational and adult enough to have a Plan B that doesn't involve the contortions necessary to own/use a BB is branded as a "hater". Grow up.
    06-07-17 05:45 AM
    I'm always mystified by people that when they can't find a screwdriver, think a hammer will provide the SAME result.
    06-07-17 08:50 AM
    I was in the same exactly boat. I have always been a Note Guy and after the Keyone bust, I swore I'd never get another BB again!

So I went out on launch day and bought Galaxy S8+ and was blown away by it as well as Samsung Pay. I thought I'd never consider another Note let alone another BB......

Well, one night I happened to be browsing these forums and I found out that Amazon had a few so I jumped on one ASAP. Once the Keyone came in, I felt right at home again. I've already sold off my S8+ and am super happy with the Keyone!

I will still be getting a Note 8 regardless but in the end it'll all come down to the S-pen vs. physical keyboard? For my style and work flow, the physical keyboard wins it for me. We shall see....
    brunibruni likes this.
    06-07-17 09:08 AM

Interested to hear how other CDMA KEYone hopefuls are feeling and what they plan to do. How long are you willing to wait?
    Waited for the Storm 2. Waited two years and through three delays for BBX/BB10. Waited three months for the North America BB10 launch. Did not want to wait another three months for the Q10, so I got theZ10. Waited for the Verizon/CDMA Passport. That one just quietly disappeared.

Waited six months for the Verizon Priv then another six months for the Marshmallow update. Now, we wait for the KEYone.

So, what am I gonna do? Well, wait, of course.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-07-17 03:44 PM
    Waited for the Storm 2. Waited two years and through three delays for BBX/BB10. Waited three months for the North America BB10 launch. Did not want to wait another three months for the Q10, so I got theZ10. Waited for the Verizon/CDMA Passport. That one just quietly disappeared.

Waited six months for the Verizon Priv then another six months for the Marshmallow update. Now, we wait for the KEYone.

That's why when I get devices nowadays, they have already been in production for at least 6 months. When I bought the passport, it was already out for months. Now that I have a PRIV, it has been out for about a year and a half. Not to mention the prices get better.

This is a win-win in my book. It gives companies time to work out software and hardware deficiencies. When I finally decide to get a Keyone (which may be for black Friday or later depending on the deal) that batch will be top notch; that means I save money and get a better made phone. My point is there is always some good behind waiting and being patient.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-07-17 04:07 PM

I think BlackBerry is doing a Stockholm syndrome experiment on Verizon BB users.
    06-08-17 01:44 AM