07-13-17 08:12 PM
206 ... 56789
tools
    try this vvm apk let me know if it's working
    https://mega.nz/#F!6tEU0D4b!DUIT1sg-w7cZh7NUvpXilQ
    Last edited by rbtg; 06-13-17 at 08:33 PM.
    06-13-17 08:09 PM
    this installs fine and opens but it only allows you to subscribe to the $2.99 a month VVM, not use the free one.
    06-13-17 08:40 PM
    that might be because of non verizon phone
    06-13-17 08:42 PM
    well no, even Verizon phones have the option to subscribe to the monthly $2.99 VVM which has a few more options than the free one. The app link you have is only for the subscription one. I have free VVM on my Verizon branded Classic.
    06-13-17 08:46 PM
    i've got it from my verizon android running n 7.0
    dollface likes this.
    06-13-17 08:52 PM
    I wish there was a way for google voice to handle voicemail on my phone. I don't see a way for that to happen.
    06-13-17 08:53 PM
    Well heck, I have one of each phone, BlackBerry, android and iPhone, and they all share one Verizon SIM card with no problem
    Really. I remember in the past having certain type of phone which I don't remember what os was and when I bought my classic and put the already activated Sim in. Something would not work. By calling Telus in Canada she had said to me I needed to change my plan to a BB plan.
    So is what I remember
    06-13-17 09:20 PM
    here is the verizon apps from my phone ,hopefully will help you guys to get more options going on your phone
    https://mega.nz/#F!ns1WyaKI!i1kOu8vU8QtGp8N69Xet_A
    Last edited by rbtg; 06-13-17 at 10:29 PM.
    06-13-17 09:51 PM
    I called Verizon tonight to see about the VVM and after conferring with several other tech people there he said because this is not a Verizon phone the VVM will not activate. But he said he could see the BlackBerry on my account and everything looked fine and he said you do not need to notify them with the IMEI, just pop the SIM in.
    06-13-17 10:24 PM
    Has anyone tried a TMobile SIM in this version of the phone? I travel for work and use both my T-Mobile SIM and my Verizon SIM in my VZW Google Pixel, depending on my location, simply swapping them in and out. I was hoping to be able to do the same with this version of of the phone. It seems like all the right LTE bands are built in.
    06-13-17 10:44 PM
    Can I ask if you needed to activate the phone to get the SIM to work? Or did you simply need to plug in the SIM and start the phone?
    Sorry for the late response. Yes, all I did was place the sim from my classic into my KEYone and it worked flawlessly. (Except for HD calling of course)
    06-13-17 11:38 PM
    I keep forgetting that BB is Android now.
    Bb10 Sims switched between that and Android worked fine
    dollface likes this.
    06-14-17 03:55 PM
    Maybe by the time I get around to getting a keyone the WiFi calling will be activated. it didn't come activated on my priv and took several months to get. maybe I'll just use my priv 3 days a week when I work and I'll have the WiFi calling lol. well see
    smoothgeek likes this.
    06-14-17 04:01 PM
    I'm really excited that finally we have an unlocked phone that Verizon hasn't tampered with, we can access Hotspot (which is great for us grandfathered Unlimited data folks), we get updates direct and won't have to wait months.

I've been using you mail for vvm since Verizon took months to support it on the Priv. I've never activated wifi calling, I'm fortunate enough to have good signal at home and work.

I'm not a full pkb person , since my smart phone debut was with the Storm 1. I'm eager to see how I will transition. ah the good ole days, Storm...

If BlackBerry would just get us a OEM swivel holster! (:
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-17 06:08 PM
    my problem at work is one building is all metal. that just kills CDMA signal. I assume it's no better for GSM. the other place I work is in a basement of an old courthouse and absolutely Noone gets much signal down there. I did better with my z30 than any other phone I've ever had there
    06-14-17 06:15 PM
    my problem at work is one building is all metal. that just kills CDMA signal. I assume it's no better for GSM. the other place I work is in a basement of an old courthouse and absolutely Noone gets much signal down there. I did better with my z30 than any other phone I've ever had there
    The Z30 was probably my favorite phone, that thing was a tank. Nice battery and screen, and BB10 was just awesome. Too bad BB10 never got traction.
    06-14-17 06:33 PM
    Had my phone keyone for 24 hours. I'm enjoying. no issues with Verizon and switching Sim card. hardest part so far is getting used to android. company email great and I love the keyboard. predictive text is also great which was one of my favorite BB10 features. no issues or complaints so far. smooth and not laggie as some have reported. signal 4G all day. WiFi good.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-17 07:10 PM
    Has anyone on Verizon using a CDMA KeyOne received the June Security update?
    06-14-17 10:06 PM
    Patience is to those who CDMA. I will admit that, in my area (eh, let's be honest, probably all national areas), I sacrificed Verizon service for a launch K1 and seamlessly switched to ATT. Then again, that was because BBM deceived us by press releasing that both versions of the phone would be available on all networks on May 31 (100% verifiable claim by press release that was proven false in reality). It's intriguing. Cleary, these days, the network is not the leader. I'll switch for a proper device. Nevertheless, the network is not irrelevant, since some are better than others. Is there any better reason for the device manufacturers and networks to work together versus aimlessly?
    06-14-17 10:24 PM
    Has anyone on Verizon using a CDMA KeyOne received the June Security update?
    Not yet, still on the April one.
    06-14-17 10:44 PM
    Patience is to those who CDMA. I will admit that, in my area (eh, let's be honest, probably all national areas), I sacrificed Verizon service for a launch K1 and seamlessly switched to ATT. Then again, that was because BBM deceived us by press releasing that both versions of the phone would be available on all networks on May 31 (100% verifiable claim by press release that was proven false in reality). It's intriguing. Cleary, these days, the network is not the leader. I'll switch for a proper device. Nevertheless, the network is not irrelevant, since some are better than others. Is there any better reason for the device manufacturers and networks to work together versus aimlessly?
    For me network trumps any device. Have to have a working phone, not a brick. I tried AT&T. Had a brick in my house.
    06-15-17 12:26 AM
    There is no VM app but I have a little icon in the App drawer called Call Voicemail, I've dragged it my desktop. I just did a test call to myself and left a voicemail, I got an instant notification on the phone app icon and when I opened it there is an option there to call your voicemail but it's not visual voicemail.
    Im with Rogers wireless and when I had the pay add on voice mail for 5$ it was visual VM and always got a script transcription or audio file link in the text messaging App. Now I'm using the included feature set that's part of my share plan and now only get the VM tape Icon. VM messages are only accessed by dialing in.
    06-15-17 03:46 AM
    Hopefully Verizon will offer a Verizon branded Keyone at some point, as I think having an official Verizon keyone will help those using the unlock CDMA keyones.
    06-15-17 10:22 AM
    Hey guys, I just wanted to rave about the app YouMail (free) if you are missing the Visual Voice Mail on Verizon, which they will not offer to unbranded phones. This app works so perfectly and gives a little player that you can play your message AND also transcribes the message inside the player so you can read it AND sends you an email telling you you have a voicemail
    Last edited by dollface; 06-15-17 at 03:08 PM.
    06-15-17 02:22 PM
    Hey guys, I just wanted to rave about the app YouMail (free) if you are missing the Visual Voice Mail on Verizon, which they will not offer to unbranded phones. This app works so perfectly and gives a little player that you can play your message AND also transcribed the message inside the player so you can read it AND sends you an email telling you you have a
    Thanks! Will check it out!
    06-15-17 03:04 PM
206 ... 56789