I personally avoid contact with Verizon if possible. I just swapped my SIM from my Classic and it instantly worked
    You might want to call and have them update your IMEI. This will insure your device works properly, heard some issues with devices of people who just swapped Sims and didn't take this step.

There is another thread in this forum where a member also posted instructions on getting the device to allow advanced calling which has to be provisioned through Verizon. If this works this will allow for simultaneous voice and data which a lot of members want.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-13-17 04:46 PM
    You might want to call and have them update your IMEI. This will insure your device works properly, heard some issues with devices of people who just swapped Sims and didn't take this step.

There is another thread in this forum where a member also posted instructions on getting the device to allow advanced calling which has to be provisioned through Verizon. If this works this will allow for simultaneous voice and data which a lot of members want.
    So far Verizon isn't allowing that. Maybe in time.
    06-13-17 04:47 PM
    Maybe a dumb question. Waiting patiently for keyone which is arriving today. Will a Verizon sim from iPhone work in keyone?
    Yes
    06-13-17 04:57 PM
    Can you try mobile hotspot with your Verizon setup? I'm curious to know if that feature is available when simply switching a Verizon sim from one phone to another. Thanks for your help
    06-13-17 05:21 PM
    Can you try mobile hotspot with your Verizon setup? I'm curious to know if that feature is available when simply switching a Verizon sim from one phone to another. Thanks for your help
    Good question. Even after calling and activating that way.
    06-13-17 05:28 PM
    Maybe a dumb question. Waiting patiently for keyone which is arriving today. Will a Verizon sim from iPhone work in keyone?
    No
    06-13-17 05:35 PM
    No
    Ha! Yes, no and a maybe. Good times!
    06-13-17 05:36 PM
    No
    What makes you think it won't work?
    06-13-17 05:37 PM
    my Keyone is getting the same bars as my Priv got. Typically somewhere in the middle of the "bars" display
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    06-13-17 05:37 PM
    What makes you think it won't work?
    Nevermind it will work. Maybe some features won't
    I was thinking the other way around
    06-13-17 05:39 PM
    No
    My current Verizon SIM has gone in my Classic, Galaxy 6 and iPhone 6S and all I do is switch it and turn the phone on, so yes it does work. I only have one SIM card and four phones.
    06-13-17 06:00 PM
    My current Verizon SIM has gone in my Classic, Galaxy 6 and iPhone 6S and all I do is switch it and turn the phone on, so yes it does work. I only have one SIM card and four phones.
    I keep forgetting that BB is Android now.
    06-13-17 06:07 PM
    I keep forgetting that BB is Android now.
    Classic isn't Android.
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    06-13-17 06:21 PM

What does, update IMEI ?
    06-13-17 06:22 PM
    What does, update IMEI ?
    I think this means that you would call up Verizon and give them the IMEI number, the unique ID of the phone, so that the can include your phone in some list of valid registered phones allowed to use all the features of the network; at least, that's the hope.
    06-13-17 06:27 PM
    I was able to share my Internet connection to my iPhone. So I guess it works
    cbvinh and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-13-17 06:28 PM
    Classic isn't Android.
    Well heck, I have one of each phone, BlackBerry, android and iPhone, and they all share one Verizon SIM card with no problem
    medic22003 likes this.
    06-13-17 06:29 PM
    Wow that is really great news. I'm going to place my order tonight. Thanks so much for your help.
    dollface likes this.
    06-13-17 06:32 PM
    Well heck, I have one of each phone, BlackBerry, android and iPhone, and they all share one Verizon SIM card with no problem
    That's why it was puzzling for Alain_A to give a definitive "no" and follow up to say that he/she forgot that the KEYone is Android. Why does that matter? You've already stated that the SIM was switched between BB10, Android, and iOS.
    dollface likes this.
    06-13-17 06:34 PM
    Just received my cdma keyone. Works great, no advanced calling or wifi calling, hopefully it comes later. One thing I can't find is voicemail. No vvm just regular voicemail. Any help out there?
    06-13-17 06:37 PM
    Just received my cdma keyone. Works great, no advanced calling or wifi calling, hopefully it comes later. One thing I can't find is voicemail. No vvm just regular voicemail. Any help out there?
    see this thread for advanced calling activation https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12922502
    06-13-17 06:39 PM
    So far Verizon isn't allowing that. Maybe in time.
    ^^^It sounds as though the person on their thread was at least able to open a case with a special division inside of Verizon that is responsible for getting phones authorized for features that aren't a Verizon branded device. Time will tell as he/she just posted the call today.

As far as IMEI goes, the bottom description about sums it up. You can find it through your phone settings or directly on the box you receive your device in.
    I think this means that you would call up Verizon and give them the IMEI number, the unique ID of the phone, so that the can include your phone in some list of valid registered phones allowed to use all the features of the network; at least, that's the hope.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-17 06:41 PM
    Download YouMail I've been using it for over a year on my PRIV and while it is missing some features over a built in VMM like on other Verizon devices it does work great.
    06-13-17 06:43 PM
    When someone leaves a voice-mail you get a notification on the app icon and it is in your notification tray. From there you can click on the voice-mail notification and it will call it. Call yourself from a landline and leave a message, you'll see the voicemail appear
    06-13-17 06:50 PM
    When someone leaves a voice-mail you get a notification on the app icon and it is in your notification tray. From there you can click on the voice-mail notification and it will call it
    I just left myself two voicemails nothing appeared in the tray nor no message symbol symbol on the phone app.
    06-13-17 06:54 PM
206 ... 45678 ...