Hotspot should work because it's independent of Verizon, it should work the same as on my unbranded classic
    06-12-17 10:34 PM
    I got mine in the mail but mine is the bbb100-1 version. Amazon sent this one for the CDMA. I can not get this to activate in Verizon. Anyone have ideas
    Return it as they sent you the incorrect one.
    06-12-17 11:58 PM
    And people still actually use Verizon in the US? Talk about outdated tech.
    As some of us have mentioned before... Verizon's coverage is generally better than other carriers. This is particularly so in some of the more remote areas of the US, say in our "Desert Southwest" where some of us go hiking or biking and where there is some incredibly superb scenery. Trade-offs. And as others have noted, we do have both cell and data on Verizon on some devices including the BB Priv.

The link about how to try activating on the KeyOne is

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12920481
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-13-17 08:35 AM
    I still haven't gotten it on my priv
    06-13-17 12:02 PM
    I posted this reply in another thread but thought it might be better served on its own. I can officially post that I have received my KEYone as I was walking out the door on my way to the airport! So naturally I took it with me and have been messing with it via mobile hotspot, airport and airplane wifi. I snapped two quick photos of the device before I left to indicate it is indeed the CDMA variant. I just landed, swapped the SIM cards and it works flawlessly, 4GLTE!

I'll post more in a few hours after I return home ( I'm a contract pilot, always on the move), but yes, the CDMA variant exists!

****EDIT - I have removed the pictures due to the fact that my IMEI was clearly visible. I'm not sure if that is something best kept unpublished, but nevertheless some of you may have already seen the photos and know that I indeed do have the phone and its working on Verizon. I will repost all the photos everyone wants to see in a few hours once I am home.******
    Can I ask if you needed to activate the phone to get the SIM to work? Or did you simply need to plug in the SIM and start the phone?
    06-13-17 12:30 PM
    Can I ask if you needed to activate the phone to get the SIM to work? Or did you simply need to plug in the SIM and start the phone?
    He states that he swapped the SIM from his Classic and it worked flawlessly. As have I, I'm also on Verizon
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    06-13-17 12:51 PM
    He states that he swapped the SIM from his Classic and it worked flawlessly. As have I, I'm also on Verizon
    And all features work?
    06-13-17 01:02 PM
    And all features work?
    Not HD calling or Visual Voice-mail, those may only be allowed on Verizon branded phones
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-17 01:07 PM
    Not HD calling or Visual Voice-mail, those may only be allowed on Verizon branded phones
    How about talk and surf with no Wi-Fi?
    06-13-17 01:10 PM
    I am curious if someone activated this on VZW website and not just popping the SIM card, if it makes a difference in the extra features that they provide.
    06-13-17 01:32 PM
    Is Verizon Branded the same as Verizon Optimized?

Verizon optimized CDMA version of BlackBerry KEYone to arrive soon at Best Buy
    06-13-17 02:06 PM
    Is Verizon Branded the same as Verizon Optimized?

Verizon optimized CDMA version of BlackBerry KEYone to arrive soon at Best Buy
    06-13-17 02:09 PM
    No. Verizon optimized just means it has the hardware (proper antenna / CDMA bands)

Verizon Branded means Verizon did software tweaks (and also loaded it with their bloatware)
    Baritone Astoria and kbz1960 like this.
    06-13-17 02:41 PM
    No. Verizon Voice branded must be released by Verizon and have their name on it and their carrier crap installed. Verizon optimized means it will work (most features) on the Verizon network
    06-13-17 02:53 PM
    Any issue with taking it to a Verizon store to get everything setup?
    06-13-17 03:15 PM
    Any issue with taking it to a Verizon store to get everything setup?
    I personally avoid contact with Verizon if possible. I just swapped my SIM from my Classic and it instantly worked
    06-13-17 03:21 PM
    Sorry for asking such basic questions, but why did you do that rather than enter the IMEI on verizon.com?
    06-13-17 03:24 PM
    Sorry for asking such basic questions, but why did you do that rather than enter the IMEI on verizon.com?
    Because I didn't have to. My SIM is already activated with them
    06-13-17 03:52 PM
    Because I didn't have to. My SIM is already activated with them
    Can you share your personal impression of how the KEYOne compares with the Classic?
    06-13-17 04:02 PM
    Can you share your personal impression of how the KEYOne compares with the Classic?
    I loved the Classic and had it running some vital android apps but there were many occasions where they crashed or would open slowly or stutter. It just seemed like I could not get have the apps I needed. I have tons of apps in Play Store from being on android over the years, and the KeyOne is fantastic with them all. The camera is worth getting over the Classic. The keyboard is incredible, not better than the Classic but it seems to fit my hands better. No problems at all
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    06-13-17 04:06 PM
    I've spent 3 hours on phone with Verizon and Blackberry. It doesn't seem they will be able to activate advanced calling features anytime soon. This is a deal breaker for me as I constantly need to use internet while talking on the phone. I decided to return the phone. If someone in Chicago is interested it can be yours for the Amazon price I paid for it
    06-13-17 04:18 PM
    I loved the Classic and had it running some vital android apps but there were many occasions where they crashed or would open slowly or stutter. It just seemed like I could not get have the apps I needed. I have tons of apps in Play Store from being on android over the years, and the KeyOne is fantastic with them all. The camera is worth getting over the Classic. The keyboard is incredible, not better than the Classic but it seems to fit my hands better. No problems at all
    Thanks for sharing that! My main concern is that I won't like the keyboard nearly as much as the Classic. I don't use (or want to use) any Android apps, and I take very, very few pictures, so I think I might just see if I can get another year or two out of my Classic. Other than getting poor (re)connectivity with the Verizon network when coming out of the subway, I am happy with it.
    06-13-17 04:19 PM
    Maybe a dumb question. Waiting patiently for keyone which is arriving today. Will a Verizon sim from iPhone work in keyone?
    06-13-17 04:24 PM
    Maybe a dumb question. Waiting patiently for keyone which is arriving today. Will a Verizon sim from iPhone work in keyone?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I would think as long as it's the same size.
    avery1206 likes this.
    06-13-17 04:26 PM
    As some of us have mentioned before... Verizon's coverage is generally better than other carriers. This is particularly so in some of the more remote areas of the US, say in our "Desert Southwest" where some of us go hiking or biking and where there is some incredibly superb scenery. Trade-offs. And as others have noted, we do have both cell and data on Verizon on some devices including the BB Priv.

The link about how to try activating on the KeyOne is

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12920481
    It's the same in the rural areas of the Midwest. CDMA carriers generally have better coverage. Verizon and us cellular in my area specifically. Sprint sucks. There's not a single GSM carrier that has good coverage where I am
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    06-13-17 04:33 PM
206 ... 34567 ...