Dang. No go for me then.
    Same here. Guess I'll be sticking with my Priv until this issue is resolved.
    06-12-17 04:16 PM
    Dang. No go for me then.
    Really?
    Maybe your use case is different but I never found myself in a situation where regular calling couldn't get things done. Not once has lack of HD calling stopped me from connecting with people and communicating.

To me, HD calling is awesome and a great nice-to-have but it would never be a deal breaker
    kbz1960 and dollface like this.
    06-12-17 04:18 PM
    Really?
    Maybe your use case is different but I never found myself in a situation where regular calling couldn't get things done. Not once has lack of HD calling stopped me from connecting with people and communicating.

To me, HD calling is awesome and a great nice-to-have but it would never be a deal breaker
    It's not being able to talk and surf at the same time for me.
    06-12-17 04:20 PM
    Update - Verizon says no go on the VVM and HD/Advanced Calling. Since it's BYOD, they do not support or guarantee any feature compatibility with their network. They actually did try a number of things to get it working but were unsuccessful.
    Was just told otherwise - started a new thread about it.
    06-12-17 04:24 PM
    Ah, OK.
    My understanding might be wrong, but I always thought that you wanted the call to be 2/3G so that 4G-LTE was available for data transfer ie Internet browsing.
    I always thought of it as pipeline reservation.
    06-12-17 04:25 PM
    Just saw this, have you tried calling Verizon to see if they can help or if they are just saying it isn't a supported phone feature for the KeyOne?
    Apparently it can work but needs to be formally submitted as a request to the 'Special Device Management Team' - as it was explained to me. Started a new thread about it. Hope that helps.
    06-12-17 04:26 PM
    Apparently it can work but needs to be formally submitted as a request to the 'Special Device Management Team' - as it was explained to me. Started a new thread about it. Hope that helps.
    Link please
    06-12-17 04:34 PM
    Can you check to see if mobile hotspot will work on the Verizon version? I got an unlocked Priv and the feature (along with HD voice) were not available. I sent the Priv back and got one through Verizon and both those features worked. Mobile hotspot is something I need so I'm concerned that Verizon's BYOD program is hamstrung when it comes to features like Mobile hotspot and HD voice. Thanks for your help.
    kbz1960 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-12-17 04:59 PM
    Wait! According to the rumors, BlackBerry Mobile never made these available for sale! Are you saying that rumors and speculation can be (gasp!) WRONG?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    What are you talking about? Stop twisting people's words now that someone got a device delivered to them on the 12th. All people were talking about is that the device was not available or even shipped to amazon when BlackBerry mobile said it would be. Nobody said it would never ever come.
    06-12-17 05:02 PM
    So i'm not familiar with Verizon but when people say "talk and surf" does that actually mean being on a call while using your phone to surf in the browser?
    06-12-17 05:05 PM
    So i'm not familiar with Verizon but when people say "talk and surf" does that actually mean being on a call while using your phone to surf in the browser?
    Yes, talk and going on internet
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-17 05:09 PM
    Yes, talk and going on internet
    Wow really? That's an issue in 2017?
    06-12-17 05:13 PM
    Wow really? That's an issue in 2017?
    Seems to be. I have a Zenfone 3, 64/4 gig and I can't even go on the internet while on a phone call.
    Pretty bad
    06-12-17 05:15 PM
    I believe also that you don't get a data connection, i.e. so if you had emails and messages coming through they won't be received until the phone is hung up.
    06-12-17 05:19 PM
    I believe also that you don't get a data connection, i.e. so if you had emails and messages coming through they won't be received until the phone is hung up.
    And people still actually use Verizon in the US? Talk about outdated tech.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-12-17 05:27 PM
    Yes. Was never possible like on GSM before LTE
    06-12-17 05:31 PM
    I can with my current phone.
    06-12-17 05:32 PM
    It used to be for all of their phones. But with HD voice it's not an issue any more, they just have to provision it for the phone if the phone allows it. The problem is if it's not a phone carried by Verizon it's not a available by default and they sometimes can't/don't know how/are too lazy/want you to buy a phone from them/stubborn.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-17 05:33 PM
    Also many places, like where I live they are the only one with a decent signal so you can actually use your phone. Or us cellular which is the same tech
    06-12-17 05:34 PM
    Yes. Was never possible like on GSM before LTE
    I can do both on my Verizon Q10. So must be LTE? Why can't K1 do it?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 05:39 PM
    Read back on the thread. Has to do with Verizon not carrying the KEYone and requiring the customer to contact Special Device Management Team to allow it.
    06-12-17 05:49 PM
    This is surprising to me, often when I'm on long conference calls and needing to minimally surf I'm also on wifi. The lack of this feature will not keep me from getting the KEYone.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-17 05:51 PM
    They are basically the only carrier that works in rural areas.
    phuoc and hammer40 like this.
    06-12-17 05:53 PM
    This is surprising to me, often when I'm on long conference calls and needing to minimally surf I'm also on wifi. The lack of this feature will not keep me from getting the KEYone.
    If you happen to be out of the office, this is a necessary thing.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 05:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your VZN Q10's IMEI is whitelisted, the K1 hasn't been YET

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and the brother like this.
    06-12-17 05:58 PM
206 12345 ...