CBK, we need your help. Many of us are on the sideline waiting to hear something about TCL's addressing the screen lift issue. We all saw their response that they were looking into it. Now we haven't heard anything in a few weeks. Still we wonder what is happening. I personally am sitting on the sideline waiting for an improved version of the phone. There doesn't' seem to be any way to tell when/where the phones are manufactured.

Can you provide us with some information? Have they made a change to their process involving the screen? If so, are these devices shipping?

Any information you can give us would be helpful. If you can't provide this information, can you let the folks at TCL know that there are many who are patiently waiting for some word on improved manufacturing for the screen issue and we'd like some updated information.

Just as many applauded TCL for making their initial statement calling it (responsible and commendable), it would be another positive step for TCL to follow up on their original statement with what has been done and where we stand in that process.

We've heard rumors of stock being returned and while that's a bummer, it's actually a good thing that (if true), TCL is actively addressing the issue. Someone in their marketing dept should be taking advantage of all of these opportunities to portray the company in the best light.

As you know, many have been disappointed with the roll out and availability but if there is a bit more pain to endure because TCL is reworking the devices, than we might as well capture the positive aspect and give those looking the purchase a bit of piece of mind that the wait and frustration was for a good cause.

Thanks,

Roveer
    eldeadache and terminatorx like this.
    06-27-17 10:35 AM
    Hey Roveer,

Just back home from the CBK KEYone Meetup Tour... in mad catch up mode on work/life duties (and it's my 2 year anniversary today!). Trying to catch up so I can do some CB content, etc.

Understand where you're at per your post above.

Will reach out and see if there's any more info or another update from them. No promises that I'll get a quick response, but will reach out on it.

Thanks,

Kevin
    06-27-17 12:34 PM
    and it's my 2 year anniversary today!
    Lol, same day as mine -- if a few years behind. I'm at 30 years today.
    jafobabe, FF22, BigBadWulf and 2 others like this.
    06-27-17 12:48 PM
    Hopefully, we have a good news!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 12:57 PM
    12 years today, congrats you 2.
    pkcable and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-27-17 01:33 PM
    Hey Roveer,

Just back home from the CBK KEYone Meetup Tour... in mad catch up mode on work/life duties (and it's my 2 year anniversary today!). Trying to catch up so I can do some CB content, etc.

Understand where you're at per your post above.

Will reach out and see if there's any more info or another update from them. No promises that I'll get a quick response, but will reach out on it.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

As a company that has had factory authorized repairs for many phone makers/hardware builders. We have been repairing the screen lift issue and have reported to TCL directly. While these repairs have been for friends phones (my company that I own has not taken the plunge as of yet). I do know when my people spoke to TCL the level of concern was very high and they are still trying to get a handle on the serial numbers effected and what production runs also. Our problem was we could not provide much info as our total repair number has been 4. But as I have said in the past TCL is standing behind the phones and people should not worry. The problems will be fixed. So if you want one jump in, and should you get one with an issue, don't worry TCL will make it right.

Just my two cents
    06-28-17 05:54 PM
    Hi CrackBerry members,

Usually stuff like this will take at least a month for a resolution. Especially in a big corporation. Please stay patient.

Regards,
    Mith Razor
    pkcable likes this.
    06-28-17 06:02 PM
    Hi CrackBerry members,

Usually stuff like this will take at least a month for a resolution. Especially in a big corporation. Please stay patient.

Regards,
    Mith Razor
    I feel like we should know who this is. Who is this?

Roveer
    06-28-17 06:44 PM

Roveer
    He's the guy on Facebook selling razors that only mythically shave your beard.
    hjc73734 and super_rigel like this.
    06-28-17 06:54 PM

Roveer
    Hi Roveer,

Absolutely nobody who's been posting on Crackberry since about 2009 when I got my Bold 9700. Also I am comically trying to imitate the formal email format on a forum.

But probably am failing badly.

Regards,
    Mith Razor
    pkcable and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-28-17 06:54 PM
    He's the guy on Facebook selling razors that only mythically shave your beard.
    Guarantee a shave close enough the wipe the germs off your face.
    06-28-17 06:56 PM
    Congrats to the anniversaries in the thread! Glad to hear that CBK is on top of the issue. I can also say I was recently at a special event with BlackBerry Mobile, and I did discuss this issue with them. They are indeed concerned about the issue and they ARE working on it, or so they said. Obviously they didn't and probably couldn't tell me too much since I'm a nobody!
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-29-17 08:55 AM
    Well, as of 3pm today Keyone is no longer in stock anyplace in the US to be ordered on-line. Both BestBuy and Amazon are showing either Sold Out with no date for availability or available in 1-2 months.

So I waited nearly a week before posting back. CBK? Please give us an update. It's ok if the update is, "they don't want to comment" or "they are not saying anything at this time", or "the guy I called is on vacation and I haven't' heard anything back", but please give us an update.

So what happens if I buy a Keyone, spend a dozen hours getting it configured, register it on my Blackberry Enterprise Service and then the screen starts to lift or pops off. Another dozen hours to configure a backup phone while we wait for replacement under warranty? You have to understand. I'm not just adding an email password and installing facebook and twitter. There is a significant amount of time invested in distributing a device in a work environment. I really want to know if they are doing something different with phones being produced now (or at a specific date) versus phones that were produced at launch. A simple (yes/no) would suffice with a date. Talk about ruining a loyal BB user (who uses their extended software service and everything).

Roveer
    07-03-17 02:35 PM
    Buy the KEYone, and get the SquareTrade insurance. It will be fine. You will be covered in case of any accidents.
    07-03-17 03:31 PM
    Buy the KEYone, and get the SquareTrade insurance. It will be fine. You will be covered in case of any accidents.
    Good point. I'm not a business user but took out extra insurance when I bought my KEYone on 29th April via CPW in London. Just saying. :-)
    07-03-17 04:03 PM
    It makes sense to get extra insurance, no matter what phone you buy.

(And I would also recommend having a back-up phone... for emergencies. Then if your phone has to be replaced, you can get by temporarily with the back-up.)
    07-03-17 04:10 PM
    In my opinion TCL should be offering some reassurance that all KEYᵒⁿᵉ's that were manufactured between such and such a date will qualify for extended warranty on the screen coming out. I think a 2 year warranty on that specific flaw should be offered and is warranted.
    ssilva7 likes this.
    07-03-17 04:14 PM
    Have purchased two KeyONE's. No issues whatsoever. In no way am I discounting anything the has happened to anyone, just stating that both units I've bought are fantastic. Good luck everyone!
    07-03-17 07:34 PM
    Congratulations CBK on your wedding anniversary!
    07-03-17 09:02 PM
    Interested in the response that TCL will provide to CBK's inquiry...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 09:28 PM
    crickets
    07-05-17 12:37 PM
    Congrats ! She hasn't banned you yet huh?
    07-05-17 12:44 PM
    Congrats to the anniversaries in the thread! Glad to hear that CBK is on top of the issue. I can also say I was recently at a special event with BlackBerry Mobile, and I did discuss this issue with them. They are indeed concerned about the issue and they ARE working on it, or so they said. Obviously they didn't and probably couldn't tell me too much since I'm a nobody!
    I'll vouch for this!
    07-05-17 12:45 PM
    Congrats ! She hasn't banned you yet huh?
    Not yet. It's like living on the edge of my seat, though.
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-05-17 12:47 PM
    CBK - congrats on anniversary. Hopefully you get caught up on all your email soon and there's a response from John Chen addressing whether the Priv will be receiving the Nougat update.
    07-05-17 01:25 PM
35 12