I've given up. Seems that they really don't want to make any statements about screen lift issue. So for now I'll sit and wait until I hear something different. Stop saying "it's got a warranty, you'll be fine". My phones are business tools and have to work. Having a known defect is not a good thing. It takes hours to properly configure this device for business (we also use BB BES Server) and having to do warranty exchange is a super huge PITA. It would be really stupid to go forward and buy a phone with known problems hoping that you "get a good one". Not going down that path. Nope.

CBK - Still love ya, but unless this was an honest mistake, you left me hanging bro.
    07-08-17 02:42 PM
    I don't like the fact that so many people have reported a screen issue after 4 weeks or so. Makes you feel even if you 'get a good one' that it could still happen and you will have headaches in the future.

I really don't know what the deal is, but there is far too much hysteria and talk of screens lifting, for BlackBerry/TCL to not be speaking MORE about this. I can't see how the current lips shut approach will improve prospects.
    07-09-17 11:29 AM
    I've given up. Seems that they really don't want to make any statements about screen lift issue. So for now I'll sit and wait until I hear something different. Stop saying "it's got a warranty, you'll be fine". My phones are business tools and have to work. Having a known defect is not a good thing. It takes hours to properly configure this device for business (we also use BB BES Server) and having to do warranty exchange is a super huge PITA. It would be really stupid to go forward and buy a phone with known problems hoping that you "get a good one". Not going down that path. Nope.

CBK - Still love ya, but unless this was an honest mistake, you left me hanging bro.
    As we’ve all seen by now in Kevin’s real world durability test, the BlackBerry KEYone has been purpose built to offer a distinctly different, highly durable smartphone experience that can live up to normal everyday use.

In a further effort to ensure all our BlackBerry Mobile customers and fans have an outstanding experience, we’re implementing additional measures that add even greater strength and adhesive to the BlackBerry KEYone display. These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories – and will continue to come in stock throughout the summer. If you’ve already purchased the BlackBerry KEYone, you’re fully covered by our manufacturer’s warranty, so if any issue arises, please contact us and we can help you with a warranty replacement if needed.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-09-17 11:56 AM
    Where did you find this BBM quotation, please?
    07-09-17 12:07 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12954696
    07-09-17 12:22 PM
    Click on the quote take you to the thread
    07-09-17 12:42 PM
    Thanks!
    07-09-17 01:16 PM
    Not sure if this was already posted officially on CB yet, but here's an update:

https://www.phonearena.com/news/New-...rriers_id95812
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-09-17 07:03 PM
    Not sure if this was already posted officially on CB yet, but here's an update:

https://www.phonearena.com/news/New-...rriers_id95812
    Look up a few posts
    07-09-17 07:12 PM
    Very happy to see BBM's comment about putting more glue on their screens. But since they are playing cutesie and not providing any information about when the newly modified process was put in place, we still have no way of knowing if we are getting a pre or post gluey keyone. Only way to combat that is to buy a phone every month and see if it's manufactured after July 10th. If it's not, return it and buy another one the next month. Considering that one can't even buy a new K1 in the US right now (Amazon no longer listing, BB - Sold out, won't take orders, I guess there's a pretty good chance you'll get a Post gluey K1 on your first try because who knows how long it might take for them to re-appear in the US.

You give us crap, we crap right back. Honestly, The truth would have been so much easier, but your setting the rules, were just going to play by them.
    Last edited by Roveer; 07-11-17 at 01:33 AM.
    mister2d likes this.
    07-10-17 07:55 PM
35 12