Congrats yamahammer!

Thanks again to the CrackBerry.com team for hosting a great event at a great spot. The food they kept pumping out was delish!

It was great to finally meet CrackBerryKevin! Hell of a nice guy and I think I've finally convinced him to do another run of BlackBerry By Choice shirts . The time feels right. Was also great to meet Shao128, yamahammer and others who attended.

As for the KEYone:
    - Solid, well built device.
    - Screen is larger in person than pictures suggest.
    - Nougat is very snappy when navigating through the device.
    - Picture quality is outstanding.
    - Barely noticed the indented fingerprint scanner on the space bar. Very well thought out and doesn't impede.
    - Keyboard is well designed, had great feedback and responded well.

And for all the PRIV owners (they were everywhere at the meet) wondering if this device is slow given the processor choice, compare opening Google Maps on either device. That was really all I needed to see. A worthy upgrade indeed.
    Not sure I follow you on the opening of Maps. Are you saying KeyOne was noticeably faster?
    03-12-17 02:38 PM
    @Drenis
    Thanks for your hands-on comments about the K1.
    03-12-17 02:53 PM
    Not sure I follow you on the opening of Maps. Are you saying KeyOne was noticeably faster?
    Yes. Maybe 2 full seconds to launch and be ready to search.
    03-12-17 03:07 PM
    Did you think the device felt a bit slippery though? One thing I noticed was that the back material didn't feel as grippy as I expected. Also the device felt lighter than I expected. Personally I like the feel of a weightier phone (one reason I love the passport).

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. Considering how thin the PRIV's edges are, this wasn't slippery at all. Felt very stable using one handed.
    03-12-17 03:18 PM
    Drenis, anything to add about the speakers, sound, RGB LED?
    03-12-17 03:20 PM
    Drenis, anything to add about the speakers, sound, RGB LED?
    RGB is already confirmed, and I will do a full fledged stereo test when they do the meet up in miami. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-12-17 05:58 PM
    Missed out on it again?
    03-12-17 06:58 PM
    @yamahammer - YOU WON AN IOU FOR THE KEYONE!!!! Lucky guy.

Great turn out of fantastic BlackBerry Fans! Total hardcore crew! Took 10 years to do a CrackBerry Meetup in Winnipeg even that's where the site started. Will make sure the next one happens a lot sooner.
    Hold up y'all...... what draw has yamahammer won the IOU with? Thought the new draw is open till sometime around the end of March or early April and CBK already had two winners for the earlier draw ( one of whom turned out to be some fella who'd been coming up with online design models for the K1, or something like that).

Now yamahammer turns up with dark photos of the meet up and coincidentally gets announced as the winner of the IOU whose draw isn't expected to end yet? Am I getting things mixed up CBK? There's meant to be an open draw which was also posted on Android central, right? Is that the one yamahammer has won now?

Anyway, congrats to yamahammer.....my Z30 is practically dead and with my galaxy gone too, I've been looking at the Dtek60 and now the K1 and hoping to win both (yeah both) since I cannot afford either, but now you seem to have won the last one.....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by soapydarren; 03-12-17 at 07:35 PM.
    03-12-17 07:02 PM
    Hold up y'all...... what draw has yamahammer won the IOS with? Thought the new draw is open till sometime around the end of March or early April and CBK already had two winners for the earlier draw ( one of whom turned out to be some fella who'd been coming up with online design models for the K1, or something like that).

Now yamahammer turns up with dark photos of the meet up and coincidentally gets announced as the winner of the IOS whose draw isn't expected to end yet? Am I getting things mixed up CBK? There's meant to be an open draw which was also posted on Android central, right? Is that the one yamahammer has won now?

Anyway, congrats to yamahammer.....my Z30 is practically dead and with my galaxy gone too, I've been looking at the Dtek60 and now the K1 and hoping to win both (yeah both) since I cannot afford either, but now you seem to have won the last one.....

Posted via CB10
    IOS? I Owe Something? I owe Soon? I Owe Susan?

Anyway, this isn't the IOS, uh, IOU contest on CB's website, they do one at every meet-up they have...

But anyway, here comes the "every contest is rigged" conspiracy again...
    03-12-17 07:19 PM
    Can someone do a Priv vs KeyOne photo comparison at some point at these meet ups?
    03-12-17 07:28 PM
    IOS? I Owe Something? I owe Soon? I Owe Susan?

Anyway, this isn't the IOS, uh, IOU contest on CB's website, they do one at every meet-up they have...

But anyway, here comes the "every contest is rigged" conspiracy again...
    The IOS thing was an auto correct error, sure you musta figured that out. And as for the yamahammer conspiracy, just banter. Thanks for the info anyway, at least I get to know that this isn't the CB IOU contest. CBK must be giving loads away then

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 07:38 PM
    Hold up y'all...... what draw has yamahammer won the IOU with? Thought the new draw is open till sometime around the end of March or early April and CBK already had two winners for the earlier draw ( one of whom turned out to be some fella who'd been coming up with online design models for the K1, or something like that).

Now yamahammer turns up with dark photos of the meet up and coincidentally gets announced as the winner of the IOU whose draw isn't expected to end yet? Am I getting things mixed up CBK? There's meant to be an open draw which was also posted on Android central, right? Is that the one yamahammer has won now?
    They are different draws.

The IOU draw on AC is still open: Win an IOU for a BlackBerry KEYone from CrackBerry Kevin! | Android Central

The draw yamahammer won was the meet up draw. Anyone who attended the meet up was able to put their name in for the draw. At midnight (still at the meet up with attendees, including myself, still present) Kevin selected 2 names randomly from the pile.

There's no conspiracy here Kevin is just nuts about giving KEYones away!
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-12-17 07:40 PM
    They are different draws.

The IOU draw on AC is still open: Win an IOU for a BlackBerry KEYone from CrackBerry Kevin! | Android Central

The draw yamahammer won was the meet up draw. Anyone who attended the meet up was able to put their name in for the draw. At midnight (still at the meet up with attendees, including myself, still present) Kevin selected 2 names randomly from the pile.

There's no conspiracy here Kevin is just nuts about giving KEYones away!
    Conspiracy? Who said anything about that? That musta been you fella......haha. It's all banter please, I already know there'd be comments about it and so I decided to pull one off...( like the first comment contest...lol)

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 07:57 PM
    Do I deserve an apology? ;-)

I did apologize for the awful pictures I posted!

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    03-12-17 08:11 PM
    Congrats Yamahammer! I'm as happy as I can be (sob) for your win.... of course, when we have a meetup in Edmonton or Calgary.... maybe my turn.
    03-12-17 08:59 PM
    The IOS thing was an auto correct error, sure you musta figured that out. And as for the yamahammer conspiracy, just banter. Thanks for the info anyway, at least I get to know that this isn't the CB IOU contest. CBK must be giving loads away then

Posted via CB10
    I have no clue what autocorrect is. ;-)

jakie55 and hoopitz like this.
    03-12-17 09:30 PM
    ... I did apologize for the awful pictures I posted!
    They weren't great images, but thanks for posting them.
    03-12-17 10:16 PM
    Did anyone manage to get the FCC ID of the device?
    03-12-17 10:27 PM
    Did anyone manage to get the FCC ID of the device?
    Where would it be? I'll take a gander during the Miami meetup.

03-12-17 10:51 PM
    Settings: About Phone: Regulatory Approvals: FCC ID:
    03-12-17 10:56 PM

Settings -> About Phone -> Regulatory Approvals.

Key piece of information is whether it's under L6A (BlackBerry) or 2ACCJ (TCL).
    03-12-17 10:59 PM

Those would be the first few letters right after FCC ID:, but if they are assigned by the FCC, they wouldn't be there on a pre-production device if it hasn't been approved yet, would they?
    03-12-17 11:07 PM
    Can someone do a Priv vs KeyOne photo comparison at some point at these meet ups?
    Here is a picture from my Priv taken that evening. Typical indoor lowlight shot. Now if someone happens to have a shot from that evening taken with a KEYone . . .
    Attached Thumbnails CBK MeetUp in Winnipeg Has Started!-107574.jpg  
    03-12-17 11:09 PM

Can you ask cbk or bla1ze now to take a look on their respective key1's?

But, as mentioned above maybe won"t show on pre production.

Just a thought, but maybe it will be blackberrymobile that shows, and not bb or tcl?
    03-12-17 11:21 PM
    Those would be the first few letters right after FCC ID:, but if they are assigned by the FCC, they wouldn't be there on a pre-production device if it hasn't been approved yet, would they?
    Company has a grantee code, and the equipment code is usually just the model, e.g. DTEK60 is just L6ABBA1001 for the US variant.

Basically just want to see which company is it submitted under so can start a watch.
    03-12-17 11:25 PM
81 1234