06-29-17 05:48 PM
311 ... 111213
tools
    I blame Mike Lazaridis!
    06-29-17 08:49 AM
    How many faulty phones are we talking about? 1 in 10? 1 in 100? 1 in 10,000?

After each iPhone launch there have been forums riddled with people reporting problems with their phone. Would bet some of these have been more common per units sold than the KEYone issues.

Unless someone from Blackberry confirms the numbers (which will never happen) noone will know for sure. Maybe there are QC problems but it's entirely possible (I suspect probable) that this has been an entirely normal launch.

Blackberry did acknowledge a screen lift issue, which is more than Apple ever did when the iPhone 6+ started to bend in people's pockets (and iPhone 6+ was a hit to say the least).

Sorry to hear people have been having issues but hopefully replacement units/refunds have been forthcoming.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 09:04 AM
    How many faulty phones are we talking about? 1 in 10? 1 in 100? 1 in 10,000?

After each iPhone launch there have been forums riddled with people reporting problems with their phone. Would bet some of these have been more common per units sold than the KEYone issues.

Unless someone from Blackberry confirms the numbers (which will never happen) noone will know for sure. Maybe there are QC problems but it's entirely possible (I suspect probable) that this has been an entirely normal launch.

Blackberry did acknowledge a screen lift issue, which is more than Apple ever did when the iPhone 6+ started to bend in people's pockets (and iPhone 6+ was a hit to say the least).

Sorry to hear people have been having issues but hopefully replacement units/refunds have been forthcoming.

Posted via CB10
    Although apple replaced the bent devices, from my google search. Thing is, users knew 6S was coming and the exact date with a "stronger steel" or whatever they used...the unknown with BBM and TCL is the tough part. They also did ship close to 220m 6 units.

Although they acknowledged it 3 weeks ago with a "we will look into it" statement. People who are getting replacements are also having screen lift issues. Sort of can't be blind, this is BB we are dealing with, track record stinks. Guess we will see how they handle this, will be a telling going forward.

Edit: ill take a guess 1 in 10 maybe....then there are bunch of other issues aside of the screen. My screen was fine, it was a load of other things.
    06-29-17 10:08 AM
    Why didn't you just return it?
    K1s are not officially on sale in my country so I bought mine from an unauthorized reseller. They honored their 3 mo warranty and replaced my first unit that had a faulty screen. However, I was past my "two week no questions asked" return policy with my replacement unit, so I just sold it.
    06-29-17 10:12 AM
    If it is 1 in 10 or around that then that would indeed be a botched launch.

That is a massive if though.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 10:13 AM
    Sounds like you might have had a defect. Hope whoever you sold it to isn't stuck with a lemon.
    Doesn't look like a defect: all k1s seem to have bad signal. Sold it to a fanboy coworker who wanted it. He seemed to be fine with my reasons for sale. Build on my replacement phone seemed ideal: nothing rattled, keyboard was great.
    06-29-17 10:15 AM
    Doesn't look like a defect: all k1s seem to have bad signal. Sold it to a fanboy coworker who wanted it. He seemed to be fine with my reasons for sale. Build on my replacement phone seemed ideal: nothing rattled, keyboard was great.
    Thought you said it overheated.
    06-29-17 10:22 AM
    If it is 1 in 10 or around that then that would indeed be a botched launch.

That is a massive if though.

Posted via CB10
    It's so tough to tell, for many its probably working just fine and they will not see issues. It's a lotto for now lol. 1 - 10 only comes to mind, because of what we see here and in real life - i returned mine and so did my coworker for random issues. He purchased another one few weeks later from BestBuy again and his reception/connection with ATT was pretty bad - spent many hours with tech support like i did with my first unit, whilst his first device worked out of the box.

In the end with product like these and knowing TCL just took a crack at this production, its usually safe to wait months maybe half a year until the runs get perfected.

Im guilty of this because I only lease cars during refresh cycles. Never first year of a new gen. I had issues even with Lexus. Everyone was freaking about first year issues - coincidentally the production shifter from Japan to Kentucky for that Gen.
    06-29-17 11:21 AM
    Then why blackberry still fail to gain popularity (outside cb world)? Doesn't that mean that they lack on both (providing support and being selfie or media phone)?
    They have done a horrendous job marketing their product. Plus they were 3-5 years late to the slab model.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 05:34 PM
    Thought you said it overheated.
    Yes, in places with unreliable signal the phone gets pretty hot while using 3G/LTE. And with this phone, it's unreliable 50% of the time.
    06-29-17 05:38 PM
    They have done a horrendous job marketing their product. Plus they were 3-5 years late to the slab model.

Posted via CB10
    I think there is no "late" in slab design. Pricing cough cough ...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-17 05:48 PM
311 ... 111213