Sucks for you. The rest of us make $100 a day.
    How'd you swing that? I only get paid by the post! I'm going to have to call my manager at TCL and try to negotiate a better deal....
    06-10-17 10:03 AM
    My take on this thread is this epic word "mental diarrhoea"
    06-10-17 10:20 AM
    Unlike some, I'm totally cool with that!
    06-10-17 08:18 PM
    Sucks for you. The rest of us make $100 a day.
    Hush! He's gonna want residuals
    06-10-17 10:49 PM
    I have received my replacement K1. Let's place bets when the screen will pop off. Perfectly solid so far - 4 hours out of the box.
    06-19-17 03:44 PM
    I have received my replacement K1. Let's place bets when the screen will pop off. Perfectly solid so far - 4 hours out of the box.
    Thats already a great start, 4 hours!
    06-19-17 03:49 PM
    Thats already a great start, 4 hours!
    If it holds for a month, I'll eat my hat.
    06-19-17 03:50 PM
    If it holds for a month, I'll eat my hat.
    Thats a deal!
    06-19-17 03:51 PM
    I bet it never ever ever never ever falls off!
    06-19-17 11:55 PM
    I don't support idea Kevin should be blamed, but he is not a third party. He is working for BBMo.
    There's a difference between having a working relationship and "working for" . Crackberry clearly has a working relationship with BBmobile, which makes sense, because this is where the community is at. BBmobile bought out all the ads on the site but it's not like CrackBerry needed them to do that. There were ads before BBmobile and there will be ads after it stops the current campaign.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-20-17 05:16 AM
    Came back to update. Even though my replacement KeyOne seemed to be solid, noticeably weak signal and excessive heating made me finally give up and move on to a better quality phone. KeyOne is a disaster on many fronts and the pleasure of using the PKB is not enough to look the other way on critical hardware and software issues that are unacceptable for $600 phone at present day and age. Sold it and feeling relieved.
    06-29-17 03:26 AM
    Came back to update. Even though my replacement KeyOne seemed to be solid, noticeably weak signal and excessive heating made me finally give up and move on to a better quality phone. KeyOne is a disaster on many fronts and the pleasure of using the PKB is not enough to look the other way on critical hardware and software issues that are unacceptable for $600 phone at present day and age. Sold it and feeling relieved.
    Now I call bs. The 625 chip is known for running cool under all conditions. My own K1 never gets hot, even while charging and navigating. And, reception as measured by dB, rather than bars, is excellent. Anywhere from 2 to 8 dB stronger than my wife's G6 and my backup Nextbit Robin.
    06-29-17 03:52 AM
    And, reception as measured by dB, rather than bars, is excellent. Anywhere from 2 to 8 dB stronger than my wife's G6 and my backup Nextbit Robin.
    Mind to give some screenshots?
    06-29-17 04:20 AM
    Mind to give some screenshots?
    Will do tonight.
    06-29-17 05:08 AM
    Will do tonight.
    It couldn't be judged as poor reception because reception itself isn't affected by the phone alone. Location, position, network traffic, and overall networks that matters. To simply judge, you can check by using the same sim card in the same location (indoor and outdoor) on different phones.
    06-29-17 05:56 AM
    Why didn't you just return it?
    rx8er likes this.
    06-29-17 06:03 AM
    Does TCL have a hand in the decision making process tied to the Blackberry brand? My understanding was that BBMo was the only entity driving the Blackberry bus.

Additionally, allowing Blackberry proper to essentially abandon the DTEK line of devices with regards to Android revisions is a very short sighted position for the new brand licensee, BBMo, to take. The vast majority of consumers (call them whatever you want: prosumers, enterprise, etc.) don't know and don't care that a newly formed company in BBMo is running the Blackberry show now, and that the Keyone is the first device to launch under their watchful eye. What most potential Keyone customers will quickly come to realize via any sort of focused Google search, is that Blackberry left all of their early Android converts out to dry with respect to OS upgrades on devices that were not even a year old. If I'm BBMo, this potential association is troubling. If I was truly invested in trying to make an honest run at revitalizing the Blackberry name, I would force Blackberry proper to continue their support of Android for the DTEK line to limit any associative fallout.
    People aren't going to Google search BlackBerry for their OS support. The vast majority of consumer doesn't care about the OS nor do they know what OS they are running. The vast majority of consumers major concern is having a decent phone for their selfies to post on Social Media.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 06:15 AM
    Sounds like you might have had a defect. Hope whoever you sold it to isn't stuck with a lemon.
    06-29-17 06:37 AM
    It couldn't be judged as poor reception because reception itself isn't affected by the phone alone. Location, position, network traffic, and overall networks that matters. To simply judge, you can check by using the same sim card in the same location (indoor and outdoor) on different phones.
    I judge by how my calls go. If they break up or drop them it's bad.
    06-29-17 06:39 AM
    He hasn't lied. Obviously he was given phones that passed stringent quality checks.

Also I'd say the majority of people have had a good experience with the device. Just go onto the carphone warehouse review section to see all the satisfied users.

I can say that my experience with the device has been very positive overall and I'm clearly not alone there
    06-29-17 06:54 AM
    I judge by how my calls go. If they break up or drop them it's bad.
    True. But drop calls itself can also be caused by the traffics in the network. If that the case, the problem isn't lying in the phone. Other thing is caused by the phone couldn't get proper signal, which will terminate the call immediately. In this case, the problem might be lying in the phone, either hardware or software (baseband).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-17 07:13 AM
    I think CBK believes in this phone for it is the Blackberry that should have been released a few years ago. All phones have issues but with Blackberry in the news for red lines and screens coming off it does not help sell this product. Overall I am sure at least in the USA the sales are very low. Without carrier support it will be very hard to reinvent this brand. I want the phone but will wait. I want to see how this plays out.
    06-29-17 07:18 AM
    People aren't going to Google search BlackBerry for their OS support. The vast majority of consumer doesn't care about the OS nor do they know what OS they are running. The vast majority of consumers major concern is having a decent phone for their selfies to post on Social Media.

Posted via CB10
    I think the vast number of consumers want a 5.5 inch phone, with minimal bezels, reasonable price ,known name and excellent reputation for reliability.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then why blackberry still fail to gain popularity (outside cb world)? Doesn't that mean that they lack on both (providing support and being selfie or media phone)?
    06-29-17 07:25 AM
    I hope that the K1 I ordered and that will arrive at the end of this week will be as perfect just like yours.

Posted via CB10
    Say it like you mean it. I've had mine for two months and not a single problem.
    06-29-17 07:44 AM
311 ... 10111213