Well, Keyone is going to Jerry Rig Everything's "shelf of shame" for complete absence of adhesive to hold the screen in place...
    Wow, other than the screen not being held with any adhesive, "like Samsung phones", the materials and build are what you would expect. Hopefully it's an easy fix for the assembly line. It would be curious to hear what iFixit thinks, as they don't like adhesive.
    06-08-17 12:11 PM
    Wow, other than the screen not being held with any adhesive, "like Samsung phones", the materials and build are what you would expect. Hopefully it's an easy fix for the assembly line. It would be curious to hear what iFixit thinks, as they don't like adhesive.
    Uh I'm pretty sure they like adhesive holding the screen down to prevent it from falling out and ripping the ribbon cable.

Unless you want to spin this as a "feature" to easily remove the screen whether you want it removed or not lol.
    06-08-17 12:17 PM
    This "batch lottery" thing is pathetic, especially at this asking price. What a slipshod work this phone is.
    06-08-17 12:31 PM
    Uh I'm pretty sure they like adhesive holding the screen down to prevent it from falling out and ripping the ribbon cable.

Unless you want to spin this as a "feature" to easily remove the screen whether you want it removed or not lol.
    Adhesive isn't the only way to attach a screen. iFixit tends to not like adhesive because it makes repairs messy and sometimes impossible. If the screen were to be damaged, not by falling out, a large amount of adhesive could likely rip the ribbon cable apart as well.

The problem definitely needs to be addressed and as I said, hopefully an easy fix for the assembly line. Adhesive would be the quick and easy route, as it's proven, but does make for messy repairs.

I haven't spun anything, as you're insinuating. Everything else on the KEYone is as you expect for materials and build... aluminum frame, durable glass, glass on camera lenses (front and back), keyboard still functions after being cut up, fingerprint scanner still functions after being cut up, etc.
    06-08-17 12:38 PM
    Well, it seems the screens are now popping up all over the place and my post doesn't seem so "outrageous" now.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12914640
    06-09-17 03:23 AM
    It is an industrially manufactured product. There are always mistakes that happen.
    Remember when the in these forums often referred-to, god-like Apple released the phone that lost reception when you touched the bezel while being on the phone.

BlackBerry/TCL is not to blame for a red stripe or any other device fault. Faults happen.
    they are only to blame if they are not swapping out the phone without any obstruction.

so you did get a refund. You could also have got a new device. What's the problem now? I can't get your point!
    The reality distortion field is strong in this one. Steve Jobs is that you!?
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-09-17 03:30 AM
    You could have just asked for a replacement.
    And risk having the same issue again? Rather take the refund and wait for reviews on the next batch.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 03:32 AM
    Just look at the forums now. It's a disaster. TCL has no resources to do the full recall. They'll probably deny, then quietly try to fix production and replace all the faulty units. God knows how many phones are there in retail channels already.
    Last edited by draculito01; 06-09-17 at 10:18 AM.
    06-09-17 09:45 AM
    No reports of it catching fire and being banned by the airlines, right?
    anon(870071) and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-09-17 10:54 AM
    No reports of it catching fire and being banned by the airlines, right?
    The night's still young.
    kbz1960 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    06-09-17 12:22 PM
    Just look at the forums now. It's a disaster. TCL has no resources to do the full recall. They'll probably deny, then quietly try to fix production and replace all the faulty units. God knows how many phones are there in retail channels already.
    At this point, I believe they'll replace the units that fail. I'll let this speak for itself:

After some pretty extreme tests -- dropping the phone ten different times on carpet and then on wood, and bending it forcibly four times -- the screen did finally pop off (right).
    https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...ing-bend-test/

Yeah, I know...they did make it fail. Realistically, how many of the first batch or two will, G-d only knows, but if the vast majority are built like the one tested, doesn't seem it will be a lot.
    06-09-17 08:42 PM
    As the phone (slowly) makes its way into the hands of consumers, the forum topics quickly turn from hopeful/triumphant to desperate and angry. I'm losing count of all the issues people report, from weak antenna to red/green lines across display (my case) and the screen lifts. I understand that CBK was bought out of his BlackBerry "retirement" to promote the phone, but I believe that he and the CrackBerry team have LIED to the community about how wonderful KeyONE was. Truly, a good phone reviewer stays bought when he's bought, but I have a feeling that after realizing they put their name behind a bad product all these KeyONE evangelists will peel off to using their good quality iPhones, Pixels and Samsungs as soon their contract with BB Mobile is over.
    Are you claiming that CB Kevin picked up a KEYone to falsely promote it years after swapping his original BlackBerry's for all touch ios/android devices?
    06-09-17 10:59 PM
    Are you claiming that CB Kevin picked up a KEYone to falsely promote it years after swapping his original BlackBerry's for all touch ios/android devices?
    You need to get with reality. Kevin was compensated to come out of retirement by TCL. It's not hidden and TCL is sponsoring CrackBerry. There's nothing wrong with it at all but you're acting like he dropped everything and out of the blue decided to return to a blog that he did not need to cover anymore.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-09-17 11:47 PM
    Just for the record us mod are volunteer
    I would hope so, it's not like what you do is worth any sort of monetary compensation
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-10-17 12:25 AM
    I would hope so, it's not like what you do is worth any sort of monetary compensation
    Wait what no commission? Oh you! 😂
    Carjackd and kbz1960 like this.
    06-10-17 12:25 AM
    Wait what no commission? Oh you! 😂
    Sucks for you. The rest of us make $100 a day.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-10-17 12:28 AM
    The reality for me is our fleet of bike couriers have been using qwerty BlackBerry's since before all touch devices were acceptable. And for us all touches still aren't durable enough, nor are they fast enough.
    Use your brain. Look at what the devices are made out of. Glass doesn't bend, but it shatters, plastic doesn't shatter, but it bends. Gaps in between each key allow for flex.
    If you use your brain and look at it you can tell the keyone will bounce better than any other all touch on the market.

Which smartphone company doesn't support mobile nations?

Honestly. The question you guys should be asking is. How much does a replacement screen cost?
    and how easy is it to replace?
    Because almost every other device on the market shatters too easily and costs a small fortune to replace.
    06-10-17 04:55 AM

Which smartphone company doesn't support mobile nations?
    None of them outside of CrackBerry, who puts the disclaimer at the bottom of the main page.
    06-10-17 05:11 AM
    None of them outside of CrackBerry, who puts the disclaimer at the bottom of the main page.
    Yet amazingly both Windows Central and Android central have published gushing reviews - no sign of any disclaimers over there.
    06-10-17 05:14 AM
    Yet amazingly both Windows Central and Android central have published gushing reviews - no sign of any disclaimers over there.
    True, and I'm not calling out CrackBerry for being a marketing partner with TCL. But there is a difference between a review being sponsored and an entire site being financially supported by a manufacturer.
    06-10-17 05:18 AM
    Meanwhile the galaxy s8 was found to be the most breakable device ever (entirely made out of glass) yet jerry rig everything failed to do a drop test and gave it his sign of approval. And you're questioning the follow up tests credibility instead of Jerrys.
    06-10-17 08:28 AM
    My KEYone has been flawless for 10 days...I'm sure their are issues out there but let's try and keep some perspective.

No Issues with my Phone at all!!!

So, someone keep a tally...
    06-10-17 08:35 AM
    I dont give a damn what cbk or any other paid shill says about anything. I bought the keyone due to my own reasons. and its almost perfect . Almost every concern from the fails of the priv have been corrected. Overheating and poor battery life are a thing of the past.
    06-10-17 09:20 AM
    My KEYone has been flawless for 10 days...I'm sure their are issues out there but let's try and keep some perspective.

No Issues with my Phone at all!!!

So, someone keep a tally...
    Already happening.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12916212

It's a tempest in a teapot.
    06-10-17 09:39 AM
    Overheating and poor battery life are a thing of the past.
    That's what happens when you pick a SoC with known overheating and battery life problems.
    06-10-17 10:02 AM
311 ... 910111213