Any company that tells flagrant lies to its consumers (CDMA) and is partially owned by the Chinese government is a low quality company.
    Good grief.
    kbz1960 and Carjackd like this.
    06-07-17 05:44 PM
    Any company that tells flagrant lies to its consumers (CDMA) and is partially owned by the Chinese government is a low quality company.
    Then Foxconn and Lenovo must really be in trouble....
    06-07-17 05:50 PM
    Yes, Lenovo is:

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...er-spy-threat/
    06-07-17 05:57 PM
    Excuse me, but foxconn takes spec orders and details from Apple, with Apples own staff on factory floors making adjustments. Refining each process. 50% business is from Apple.

TCL is here because no one wanted to touch BB. I can bet on that. Im sure they approached quite a few partners.
    06-07-17 06:07 PM
    I bought an unlocked Galaxy S6 last fall and activated it on Verizon by just putting my SIM card in it. I never called them and it worked perfectly.
    06-07-17 06:41 PM
    Or more likely they knew it was unavailable but didn't want to tell people it was delayed again, so they tried to act like it just sold out. Didn't work.
    Acting like it just sold out is too easy to discover (way too easy) and they've made not statements to say that was the cause. It's attributing a falsehood to them that they didn't commit.

Delayed and not wanting to tell people about it after seven days, when they think they could get it out soon, wouldn't be a big deal. However, if the delay is going to be a month, as Amazon projects, then some kind of statement is in order, just as assurance.

Another misstep would have been to call it "available" when it's actually a pre-order, to keep CDMA inventory limited to what is needed, since the phone only works on one carrier in the world. Unsold stock can't be relocated and sold elsewhere, like with GSM. Of course, they should have produced a very limited number anyway since demand must have been at least 50. People will know it exists and working, so then more likely have patience for batch 2.
    06-07-17 06:58 PM
    So it's really a non issue?
    Well, there are a few people that would've loved to buy this thing with BlackBerry 10 on it, so that means XXX less consumers for them! Admittedly not many, but still would been nice to have it with that flavour anyway.
    06-07-17 08:03 PM
    Fortunately I stayed after the abuse
    Ummmmmmmm...

Carjackd likes this.
    06-07-17 10:44 PM
    Ummmmmmmm...

Nobody asked you to chime in here
    06-07-17 10:48 PM
    Well, there are a few people that would've loved to buy this thing with BlackBerry 10 on it, so that means XXX less consumers for them! Admittedly not many, but still would been nice to have it with that flavour anyway.
    Although I have a lot of respect for people that are rock'n old legacy devices or bb10 devices...and I truly loved bb10, something about these hardcore bb10 fans reminds me of Toronto Maple fans! They think they are going to win the cup each year, regardless of the talent on the team. I think I have told some of these bb10 peeps that bb10 is dead...has been since the release of the Priv...but they don't listen
    kbz1960 and pkcable like this.
    06-07-17 10:53 PM
    Nobody asked you to chime in here
    Clearly he's been paid off by TCL / BlackBerry Mobile to hijack the discussion...
    BigBadWulf, kbz1960 and Carjackd like this.
    06-07-17 11:02 PM
    Clearly he's been paid off by TCL / BlackBerry Mobile to hijack the discussion...
    And here I've been doing it for free, like a chump.
    06-07-17 11:05 PM
    And here I've been doing it for free, like a chump.
    Well, that's obviously on you, lol. Get with the program already!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-07-17 11:10 PM
    Reading this on my BlackBerry Passport. Waiting until next year for Sprint Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 11:15 PM
    Just for the record us mod are volunteer
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-07-17 11:29 PM
    When you say BB10 you have to state that it would be BB10 with no run time.
    06-08-17 12:07 AM
    Why license? They could have bought out BlackBerry with the loose money in the sofa cushions of the couch in the executive bathrooms...
    Because BlackBerry likely would ask for a premium for the rest of their business. Without devices they are a high margin, growing business again.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-08-17 02:58 AM
    Just for the record us mod are volunteer
    I was totally kidding.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-08-17 08:01 AM
    When you say BB10 you have to state that it would be BB10 with no run time.
    That would sell like hot cakes! ~

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 08:32 AM
    Disclaimer: I did NOT read all 10 pages of this thread. In my opinion, the OP must have a really bad case of the butthurts and good on CB for not nuking this thread. It has to be one of the most immature and unintelligent opinions to have ever been proffered ever on CB.
    06-08-17 08:45 AM
    That would sell like hot cakes! ~

Posted via CB10
    Only for the small remaining BlackBerry faithfull a very very small group.
    BB10 had its heyday and for lots of reasons it's RIP at consumer level. Bought myself 4 BB10 devices but have moved on to PRIV and next KEYONE!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 08:48 AM
    Disclaimer: I did NOT read all 10 pages of this thread. In my opinion, the OP must have a really bad case of the butthurts and good on CB for not nuking this thread. It has to be one of the most immature and unintelligent opinions to have ever been proffered ever on CB.
    Hum. How long have you been around here lol.
    06-08-17 09:14 AM
    Hum. How long have you been around here lol.
    Ya, I know lol. I felt like being just as much of a jerk as he was being.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-17 09:49 AM
    Well, Keyone is going to Jerry Rig Everything's "shelf of shame" for complete absence of adhesive to hold the screen in place...
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-08-17 10:42 AM
    The device that became KEYone was first rumored some two years ago. Roughly two weeks after the official announcement of PRIV, this device, then known as Vienna, got its own sub-forum. Then, shortly after that, and just over 1 1/2 years ago, this device got a first look here on CrackBerry. Despite still only being a rumor for many months afterwards, Bla1ze was confident that this handset was going to see the light of day.

This has got to be one of the most anticipated handsets in BlackBerry history, so any achey bottoms are understandable, no?

With that, I do have to say that any pain felt is, in reality, self-inflicted. As fans, or as long-time users of BlackBerry handsets, we essentially had created this hype ourselves. As I have stated a few times in other threads, the overwhelming majority of people on the planet do not follow tech news let alone stay abreast of what's coming down the pipe as far as handsets are concerned. Bottom line is that many of the customers, and potential customers, likely still do not know that KEYone yet exists.

None of us know what is going on with the CDMA version of KEYone and truth be told we probably never will. And that's okay as it will eventually be in stock. I'm in no hurry myself; I like my PRIV, it suits my needs just fine, and really have no need to update a other than a simple case of the wants.

By the way, this is by far not the worst thread in CB history.
    kbz1960, BigBadWulf and BillW69 like this.
    06-08-17 11:02 AM
311 ... 89101112 ...