That's why its taking so long
    TWSS
    tnewton3, kbz1960 and Carjackd like this.
    06-07-17 07:07 AM
    You're responding to two different replies. Those replies were on different quotes. And you put them together. Dont do that!

Please make your apologies and write a rectification
    Ok I apologize... you still didn't respond either way with respect to does it really matter if Kevin is in the forums (although he is ) .
    kbz1960 and anon(8063781) like this.
    06-07-17 07:38 AM
    Way to be the better man Jackd
    anon(8063781) and Carjackd like this.
    06-07-17 07:47 AM
    Ok I apologize... you still didn't respond either way with respect to does it really matter if Kevin is in the forums (although he is ) .
    Apologies accepted.

Kevin wrote:
    I'm definitely tracking all of the hardware issues that are getting reported.
    I expect he will share his track with BBMob so that helps a lot.
    Last edited by Niels B; 06-07-17 at 08:38 AM.
    06-07-17 08:27 AM
    CB Kevin, you stated a couple of days ago you were going to look into the CDMA delay, any update for us here? Is there an NDA in place that is stopping you and CrackBerry from giving us news?

Thanks in advance for any info.
    06-07-17 08:48 AM
    CB Kevin, you stated a couple of days ago you were going to look into the CDMA delay, any update for us here? Is there an NDA in place that is stopping you and CrackBerry from giving us news?

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Question, if you had a factory unlocked CDMA device, would your carrier allow you to put on their network? In the past, this is why there were no CDMA Passports. Plus CDMA BB Classics and PRIVs could only be purchased through Verizon.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-07-17 09:05 AM
    Question, if you had a factory unlocked CDMA device, would your carrier allow you to put on their network? In the past, this is why there were no CDMA Passports. Plus CDMA BB Classics and PRIVs could only be purchased through Verizon.
    Yeah looks like they can now BYOD , for example Google pixel unlocked can work on verizon
    06-07-17 09:16 AM
    Yeah looks like they can now BYOD , for example Google pixel unlocked can work on verizon
    My point was that unlike GSM, it's up to carrier(Verizon). With major Tier One flagship devices, this happens. If OEM isn't willing to pay for certification, the device could be worthless since carrier may block activation. This may explain CDMA rollout delay.
    06-07-17 09:23 AM
    They probably haven't sold a million android devices total, PRIV, DTEK and KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    Of all the industries out there, if any one of them sold a million of what-ever those sales would be considered good if not outright phenomenal. Yet, for some reason if a handset manufacturer can manage to only sell one million devices that is considered sad and lame. Well, unless you are OnePlus, of course.
    06-07-17 09:23 AM
    Of all the industries out there, if any one of them sold a million of what-ever those sales would be considered good if not outright phenomenal. Yet, for some reason if a handset manufacturer can manage to only sell one million devices that is considered sad and lame. Well, unless you are OnePlus, of course.
    Nubia Z17 sold 10000 within 51 seconds
    06-07-17 09:25 AM
    My point was that unlike GSM, it's up to carrier(Verizon). With major Tier One flagship devices, this happens. If OEM isn't willing to pay for certification, the device could be worthless since carrier may block activation. This may explain CDMA rollout delay.
    I don't think anyone is blocking anyone, it's advertised on Amazon as CDMA unlocked for Verizon. You won't be ale to buy the unlocked CDMA and run it on Sprint.

There have been multiple people on these forums who have reached Verizon and were told the phone could be activated no problem. The main question is if all the features will be available, mainly Wireless calling if you run an unlocked device on Verizon. I personally don't care if I have wireless calling or not.

06-07-17 09:40 AM
    I read all of the posts in my topic, including the "first batch" B/S, fanboys' attacks and CBK's reply (admirably restraint, given how I lashed out at him). After waiting for the phone for so long, I felt very disappointed and angry, for which I am sorry. However, I still feel I was lured into buying a bad quality product. For the sake of the science, I've decided to give it another go when the stock in my country is available again. If the new phone is fine, I will take this topic down.
    Last edited by draculito01; 06-07-17 at 10:40 AM.
    Carjackd, Tim-ANC and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-07-17 09:54 AM
    I read all of the posts in my topic, including the "first batch" B/S, fanboys' attacks and CBK's reply (admirably restraint, given how I lashed out at him). After waiting for the phone for so long, I felt very disappointed and angry, for which I am sorry. However, I still feel I was lured into buying a bad quality product. For the sake of the science, I've decided to give it another go when the stock in my country is available again. If the new phone is fine, I will take this topic down.
    Ya I get it and I've been there. Although I have been extremely lucky. With about 20 different BlackBerry devices since 2000 I have never had a defective piece of hardware since 2001 and a defective scroll wheel (but not out of the box) although we all know there has been batches of defective devices over the year and BlackBerry is not the only on prone to this.

When the z10 was released I had blue tooth issues and made my first post in the forums and was called very name in the book. People "fanboys" need to chill and treat everyone with respect. There is no reason that anyone should come to crackberry and be treated the way I was 4 years back. Fortunately I stayed after the abuse although I have seen many chased away.

Keep you head up man, you've just had some very bad luck. I'm loving my KEYone...and no issues yet...but it's still early
    kbz1960 and Tim-ANC like this.
    06-07-17 11:52 AM
    Ya I get it and I've been there. Although I have been extremely lucky. With about 20 different BlackBerry devices since 2000 I have never had a defective piece of hardware since 2001 and a defective scroll wheel (but not out of the box) although we all know there has been batches of defective devices over the year and BlackBerry is not the only on prone to this.

When the z10 was released I had blue tooth issues and made my first post in the forums and was called very name in the book. People "fanboys" need to chill and treat everyone with respect. There is no reason that anyone should come to crackberry and be treated the way I was 4 years back. Fortunately I stayed after the abuse although I have seen many chased away.

Keep you head up man, you've just had some very bad luck. I'm loving my KEYone...and no issues yet...but it's still early
    Nice reply Jackd... but with the CB app, I believe you could have also given a "hug" emoji..
    Carjackd and kbz1960 like this.
    06-07-17 11:59 AM
    Nice reply Jackd... but with the CB app, I believe you could have also given a "hug" emoji..
    Lol! stop it!!! You're killing me!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-07-17 12:00 PM
    The corporate enterprise sector must be concerned with the inherent reliability of a PKB phone. They would rather deal with iPhones and Samsung's where reliability is less of a factor. Would you recommend a KEYone for your organization? The KEYone is a phone for fans. I think there are enough fans around but there are limits of the fans patience.

Carriers too have limits to their patience. They must hate returns and warranty issues with a passion.
    In general, managers who are making phone purchasing decisions, either for enterprise or for resellers are worried about keeping their customers happy with the phones they think people want.

In that context, BlackBerry isn't cool, and PKBs aren't cool. Not a lot of IT managers or carrier purchase managers are going to take a chance on anything atypical like the KEYone unless their users are asking for it.

That's why it's going to take a sustained commitment over time by BlackBerry Mobile to win back market share. This is going to be a marathon, not a sprint.

At least, in terms of the reviews and early user reports, it look like the first device is worthy of consideration. So, BlackBerry Mobile is out of the starting gates. Some will say they tripped and fell with the supply issues, but I don't think those will matter much in terms of the long term success of the brand, simply because the numbers of people disappointed were so small.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    DolemiteDONS and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-07-17 12:01 PM
    This is going to be a marathon, not a Sprint.««

I see what you did there.....
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-07-17 12:04 PM
    I see what you did there.....
    It would have been clever if it were intentional! But, alas, it was just auto correct.

06-07-17 12:06 PM
    That's why it's going to take a sustained commitment over time by BlackBerry Mobile to win back market share. This is going to be a marathon, not a sprint.

I would hope part of their plan is sales representatives that are trying to close large device contracts in the enterprise market. Education on the retail side in the business development realm once available through carriers will also be key.
    06-07-17 12:09 PM
    I would hope part of their plan is sales representatives that are trying to close large device contracts in the enterprise market. Education on the retail side in the business development realm once available through carriers will also be key.
    Well, my point is that very few enterprises will be willing to commit to a PKB phone before their employees ask for it. That's just not how device provisioning works in 2017.

06-07-17 12:11 PM

I've owned almost every BlackBerry since 7290. Nothing bad before Q10's wobbly back cover, then Passport screen lift and a creaky Priv. All manufacturers have quality issues, but BlackBerry seems to have more than anyone. Or it's because 80% of all my phones were BBs.
    06-07-17 12:12 PM
    Well, my point is that very few enterprises will be willing to commit to a PKB phone before their employees ask for it. That's just not how device provisioning works in 2017.

Also, they need carrier availability, even at Enterprise level. Many companies will use the device installment plans as low cost enhancements to cash flow improvement.
    06-07-17 12:15 PM
    I've owned a few unlocked phones on Verizon's network and since the phones have all the bands to run on their network, just having Verizon's blessing may just be enough to get it on the network. Now with the BYOD (devices with the correct bands, of course), VZW whitelists those phones to work. Some phones I have used: Nexus 6, Moto G4 and G5 to name a few.

Now, it is just curious that VZW has not outright said the KeyOne will run on their network but Blackberry Mobile. I am going on the limb here to say, the CDMA delay is to get the necessary ok or testing from Big Red to run on their network officially.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-07-17 12:39 PM
    I've owned a few unlocked phones on Verizon's network and since the phones have all the bands to run on their network, just having Verizon's blessing may just be enough to get it on the network. Now with the BYOD (devices with the correct bands, of course), VZW whitelists those phones to work. Some phones I have used: Nexus 6, Moto G4 and G5 to name a few.

Now, it is just curious that VZW has not outright said the KeyOne will run on their network but Blackberry Mobile. I am going on the limb here to say, the CDMA delay is to get the necessary ok or testing from Big Red to run on their network officially.
    Might have a good point since big red seems to take forever on these things.
    06-07-17 01:00 PM

Understandable to a certain degree. If an employer is providing a company phone to an employee and when that employee signs their contract it states they are to use a company phone the employee has little choice over which phone they get.

I've been with multiple companies where an iPhone or Android device was forced on me because it was company policy to use those devices on a company plan when I had no desire to use them. This is why you need an enterprise level sales force going after the companies that are looking for devices. Most companies nowadays give their employees a choice of 2 or 3 devices, I would call it a win if in the near future the KEYone was one of those choices.
    06-07-17 02:39 PM
311 ... 678910 ...