Fantastic. So what's your backup for these numbers? Beyond pulling a number out of your 'backside', lol.

Just to be clear, I could care less how many units they sell. It's just funny to me that this forum has people who seem to linger around trolling the brand. Personally, when I feel negative about a company / product, I drop it and move on with my life.
    But it's OK if someone says they sold 1 MILLION? Give me a break.
    06-06-17 10:32 AM
    They probably haven't sold a million android devices total, PRIV, DTEK and KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 10:42 AM
    For the life of me I don't understand the fascination with how many units are sold. Unless you have stock in TCL or work directly for BlackBerry mobile who cares? Seriously.

Put me down for 'enough devices sold' that they'll continue to make more. It's a beautiful, solid device. It's unfortunate that TCL has such terrible communications with the fanbase lately but that's another matter.

I will have no hesitation recommending this device now that I'm using it.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-06-17 11:18 AM
    For the life of me I don't understand the fascination with how many units are sold.
    To speculate the ratio of defective devices reported on CB to the number sold. We will never know the actual figures. Largely a futile exercise but to those of us on the fence its better than nothing.
    06-06-17 11:31 AM
    They probably haven't sold a million android devices total, PRIV, DTEK and KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    Loll this!
    06-06-17 11:32 AM
    To speculate the ratio of defective devices reported on CB to the number sold. We will never know the actual figures. Largely a futile exercise but to those of us on the fence its better than nothing.
    Okay, fair enough if it floats your boat.
    06-06-17 11:43 AM
    As the phone (slowly) makes its way into the hands of consumers, the forum topics quickly turn from hopeful/triumphant to desperate and angry. I'm losing count of all the issues people report, from weak antenna to red/green lines across display (my case) and the screen lifts. I understand that CBK was bought out of his BlackBerry "retirement" to promote the phone, but I believe that he and the CrackBerry team have LIED to the community about how wonderful KeyONE was. Truly, a good phone reviewer stays bought when he's bought, but I have a feeling that after realizing they put their name behind a bad product all these KeyONE evangelists will peel off to using their good quality iPhones, Pixels and Samsungs as soon their contract with BB Mobile is over.
    Sorry to say but YOU can't pin this on Kevin! This makes my blood boil! As with all devices there always be a certain amount of devices with issues when you think of the thousands of devices being made!! Even iPhone have issues when they are first launched. I have had ZERO issue with my K1 and it's working amazing actually! BB handed over manufacturing to a Chinese conglomerate, and as such may show manufacturing issues but so far from what is being reported is not outside the norm. Do not pin this on Kevin as he has a huge job not just promoting the new k1, we are able to speak here in an open forum because of Kevin!!!!
    Kazoo48 likes this.
    06-06-17 11:56 AM
    Have they really sold a million of the KEYone?
    I would estimate that they've only released 10,000 worldwide so far - 15K max. There is no way that production is anything like 1M.
    Tim-ANC and kbz1960 like this.
    06-06-17 12:05 PM
    I'll collaborated with @consv93.

Europe: 10,000
    Canada: 10,000
    Rest of World: 5,000

If my colleague concurs, then total 45,000 as of this day
    Sounds accurate to me.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-06-17 12:08 PM
    For the life of me I don't understand the fascination with how many units are sold. Unless you have stock in TCL or work directly for BlackBerry mobile who cares? Seriously.
    I was responding to your comment mocking the other poster for pulling his estimated numbers out of his back side. You seemed to care then. But you didn't care when the guy he was quoting also pulled an even more ridiculous number (1 MILLION) out of his backside.
    06-06-17 12:09 PM
    Let's not forget the KEYone was an enterprise aimed smartphone! That's where the biggest shipments have gone! Companies that will never publish any data and likewise BlackBerryMobile won't either. Whats happened along the way an unprecedented demand from consumer side which honestly did they not expect at current levels.
    Yes the KEYone is a hit.

Posted via CB10
    Can you provide evidence of a single enterprise/corporation that has made a large order of this phone?
    06-06-17 12:10 PM
    BB handed over manufacturing to a Chinese conglomerate, and as such may show manufacturing issues but so far from what is being reported is not outside the norm.
    Even when they used to make their own devices they had quite common QC failures on numerous phones... The golden days of BB quality hardware was many, many years ago, even before the last several waves of legacy BBOS devices which was before BB10.
    anon(870071) and kbz1960 like this.
    06-06-17 12:11 PM
    Can you provide evidence of a single enterprise/corporation that has made a large order of this phone?
    That is you can understand completely confidential.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 12:11 PM
    lol I think they must put something in the drinks at all these meet ups.
    06-06-17 12:13 PM
    I recall a poster saying that he thought that his very large USA company would be going all in for the KEYone. He thought that the KEYone would be big with Enterprise and in USA security agencies. How is that going ? Or it still early days?
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-06-17 12:15 PM
    That is you can understand completely confidential.

Posted via CB10
    Oh what a perfect excuse.
    Elephant_Canyon and kbz1960 like this.
    06-06-17 12:18 PM
    I recall a poster saying that he thought that his very large USA company would be going all in for the KEYone. He thought that the KEYone would be big with Enterprise and in USA security agencies. How is that going ? Or it still early days?
    If we're thinking of the same poster, he got fed up with the delays and ordered 500 Pixels.
    06-06-17 12:19 PM
    I had a "physical" phone in my hands. Now I have a refund in my hands. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef41cd5315.jpg
    The KeyOne is a piece of junk. It will be the last phone with BlackBerry name on it.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 12:22 PM
    The KeyOne is a piece of junk. It will be the last phone with BlackBerry name on it.

Posted via CB10
    I have one and its a very well built device in my opinion. But tell us how you really feel there blackberry4life79.
    06-06-17 12:24 PM
    I was responding to your comment mocking the other poster for pulling his estimated numbers out of his back side. You seemed to care then. But you didn't care when the guy he was quoting also pulled an even more ridiculous number (1 MILLION) out of his backside.
    No, let me be clear, I don't care either way about the numbers beyond 'enough to make more'. The one million estimate is equally ridiculous since neither one is in possession of the numbers that TCL is unlikely to ever release. Might as well debate how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It's silly to me, but like I said, if it floats your boat.

What I DO care about is people flooding the forum and potentially turning people away from the device based on ad hoc reports of defects. EVERY mass produced device ever manufactured on the planet has lemons, and things happen.

Apple can release a phone that is prone to bending, or loses touch capacitiveness and it makes little difference to their bottom line because they have a massive userbase. BlackBerry no longer has that luxury. My interest in the matter is I want them to keep making PKB phones so I can keep using them.

IF it turns out that there is an above average amount of units returned, and there are serious quality control issues, I'll join the band in criticising. I've already been very critical at TCL's abysmal communications the last month or so. I think it's important that people that browse this forum see that there are many of us that have no quality issues whatsoever.

And, just to be crystal: I don't have any issue with people posting their issues with keys not working, screens falling off, uneven lighting, back cover pulling off, etc. That's part of sharing the whole experience and just as legitimate. Ok, novel finished, lol. Peace.
    DolemiteDONS and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-06-17 12:26 PM
    I'm sorry you didn't get my point. All of the issues in my post are not single, isolated cases. There are number of people reporting the same problem for each. It's called a tendency. The company had all the time in the world to make a good quality product but it seems it had failed and I suspect because the phone was designed by BlackBerry, rushing out of the hardware business.
    My other point - there's no way CBK having like 10 units or so hadn't encountered any of these issues, big or small. But chose not to share.

OR.... you are wrong, and assuming that there are multiple ppl with the same issues, (based on the FEW who complained here) and these are anomalies.

I have had My KEYone for a few days -- No Shattered lens, All keys work fine and the only hiccup is that the phone freezes on occasion after hanging up from a call (typical minor software bug that may or may not by my own issue).

As to the criticism that CBK is 'hiding the truth' -- I have been to 2 of the Meet-ups... and I have to say that based on the use/abuse of hundreds of ppl handling the early demos CBK was showing off -- if there were legit systemic production issues, we would have heard by now - IMHO.
    Last edited by Kazoo48; 06-06-17 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added Quote
    06-06-17 12:36 PM
    I would estimate that they've only released 10,000 worldwide so far - 15K max. There is no way that production is anything like 1M.
    Uh-oh, Troy taking the under. Placed my bet too high.
    06-06-17 01:56 PM
    Wow calling the dude who started this whole site a liar. Shameful.
    kbz1960 and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-06-17 02:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    It does not actually have the BlackBerry name on it just the symbol on the back :P

 C L A S S I C
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    06-06-17 02:50 PM
    This is just your personal opinion no more i have bought KEYone from two weeks ago without any issues and i am so satisfied with it beside I consider it as one of best BlackBerry devices ever

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! I have had ZERO issues and am super happy at the performance!
    06-06-17 02:53 PM
311 ... 45678 ...