Do you even have a physical phone in your hands or do you ground your opinion solely on the issues reported here?

out of a million sold phones, a handful of people report their issues here.
    The quiet, very satisfied people do not write anything here.
    The Crackberry forums do not resemble all of the K1 buyers and users.

delete this thread it's not worth spending any more thoughts or word on mental diarrhea like this.
    I like your thoughts.

People always over react but at the same time people post issues looking for genuine help. Yes some are just complaining, but many have spent a lot of hard earned cash and to have an issue is the issue.

One other thing its just not this forum, the complaints are starting to build, could be nothing or another dud. This is what happens when you must have the product right out of the gate. Sometimes its better to wait for the shake out period, then jump in. Lets not forget the I phone 4 (antenna). Fist sometimes is not really first.
    06-05-17 03:35 PM
    Oh yeah.. and I've purchased a few retail units as well. Got two off Amazon before they sold out (gave to our local Winnipeg Meetup winners - they'll keep me in the loop how those units are performing), and also have a Rogers unit I'm going to pick up right now. Going to buy a few more KEYones as I can just to see how those units hold up. Will maybe do some drop tests, etc. too to see how they take abuse.
    CBK, you have probably been asked privately but are we to expect some news on the CDMA version, why they weren't released and when they may be released?

I'm happily typing away on my PRIV but still would like a little light shed on the topic.

Thank you for all you do.

Edit: I guess I should have read the last 7 posts before posting. No response yet on the others...will leave mine up as well.
    06-05-17 03:57 PM
    I don't have any problems with my KEYone, and I think this is the best BlackBerry phone I've used. The keyboard is perfect, I prefer it better than the Passport keyboard. It reminds me a bit of my old Bold devices. It has an excellent battery life and good/ smooth performance. The build quality is top class, like 10 times better than my PRIV. So I know your device has a problem, but not everyone has it. In the forum, of course you'd find many posts complaining about issues of the phone as when you're having a perfect phone, it would not make sense to make a thread and saying: "I have a perfect phone" would it?
    06-05-17 04:12 PM
    It is an industrially manufactured product. There are always mistakes that happen.
    Remember when the in these forums often referred-to, god-like Apple released the phone that lost reception when you touched the bezel while being on the phone.

BlackBerry/TCL is not to blame for a red stripe or any other device fault. Faults happen.
    they are only to blame if they are not swapping out the phone without any obstruction.

so you did get a refund. You could also have got a new device. What's the problem now? I can't get your point!

Well said ! Unfortunately we have this kind of threads always after the launch of a new device. Seems that people can't understand that we are not leaving in a perfect world and mistakes can always happen on a % out of any industrial product.

On the other hand it's normal that people that have a problem with a phone will always post their bad experience unlike with the majority that got a perfect unit so this create a noise in the forums like nearly every device is faulty.

By the way my KEYone is absolutely perfect as with all my BlackBerry devices I owned the past 10 years.
    06-05-17 04:14 PM
    Like KEVIN said lots passion here. Worst scenario would be lack of threads and or conversations about KEYONE??!! Obviously it is the complete opposite! That is fantastic. So yes It feels so good to be an active BlackBerry Fan / Supporter! New KID on the Block is the KEYone and basically he has become a STAR.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    06-05-17 04:14 PM
    This may be the best BlackBerry ever, but that's meaningless if almost no one who wants it can buy it.
    mister2d and MikeX74 like this.
    06-05-17 04:17 PM
    Kevin, you're having 15 KEYones on your hands??? That's the reason we have a stock shortage in the whole country. Lol. Kidding. Glad that you come by to comment on this thread.
    06-05-17 04:18 PM
    Like KEVIN said lots passion here. Worst scenario would be lack of threads and or conversations about KEYONE??!! Obviously it is the complete opposite! That is fantastic. So yes It feels so good to be an active BlackBerry Fan / Supporter! New KID on the Block is the KEYone and basically he has become a STAR.

Posted via CB10
    I second to that. Nasty or not, there is finally steam again. Hope TCL scans these forums and uses broken units to refine the production.
    06-05-17 04:25 PM
    It seems to be a statistical issue. Very similar to pharmaceuticals. Often, the full range of side effects or unknown interactions don't always show up in the relatively small number of people in a clinical trial until a drug is in widespread use. Some side effects are one in thousands or even a million so they don't even show up in a clinical trial. The same could be said for the relatively small batch of K1s released and tested prior to a larger production run.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:34 PM
    I have no problem with people posting about problems with their phone and how to resolve them. This community does a good job of helping resolve issues and teach people about android, and tricks and fixes. I do not appreciate the piling on by certain individuals, to stir the pot. They have nothing constructive to add, but "contribute" to a negative impression of a very good product.
    DolemiteDONS and fanisk like this.
    06-05-17 04:44 PM
    Re: CDMA - I'll dig into this and see if I can find anything out that I can share. My assumption was since Sprint confirmed rolling out KEYone that maybe the CDMA version would launch closer to when that rollout is happening (similar to in Canada where the carriers have it first and the unlocked direct purchases are coming slightly after). But not sure - maybe it'll hit unlocked first before carriers roll out. Hopefully soon though either way.
    06-05-17 04:46 PM
    ... Has CBK been on the Keyone forum to answer questions at all? Or is he only on the Crackberry frontpage to promote the device?
    Kevin is not a BlackBerry support person. As much as he enjoys playing at being CBK and participating as co-editor of CrackBerry and attending CrackBerry meetups, he has a full time job as Chief Operating Officer of Mobile Nations.
    06-05-17 05:01 PM
    Aside for initial positive reviews I wish there were some follow up youtube reviewer segments on their devices. Or were there?
    You mean like this?

Mike-Mike likes this.
    06-05-17 05:11 PM
    Re: CDMA - I'll dig into this and see if I can find anything out that I can share. My assumption was since Sprint confirmed rolling out KEYone that maybe the CDMA version would launch closer to when that rollout is happening (similar to in Canada where the carriers have it first and the unlocked direct purchases are coming slightly after). But not sure - maybe it'll hit unlocked first before carriers roll out. Hopefully soon though either way.
    The Verizon version is supposed to be the unlocked CDMA version up for sale first. If the carriers (Verizon and Sprint) are in the midst of battling it out who gets the CDMA version first, then see if you can have someone leak that info so we'll know it's not BBMo's fault for the delay. If Verizon is holding it up for testing, it would be interesting to know too. (Sure, it can be bought unlocked, but would Verizon just allow it on their network without testing first, like with GSM phones with AT&T and T-Mobile?)

Yes, please share whatever you can find. Thank you for the coverage and hard work!
    06-05-17 05:18 PM
    I'm not sure if you've seen this on the forums, but numerous people have confirmed with Amazon reps and executives that Amazon never had the CDMA version in stock, despite the press release on the 30th stating it would be available at Amazon on the 31st.
    06-05-17 05:19 PM
    Have they really sold a million of the KEYone?
    Lol
    mister2d and Mike-Mike like this.
    06-05-17 05:45 PM
    CBK; do you have any insight to when (if at all) BBMobile will provide information on when the K1 will be available again in the US. I know Steve made a comment on Twitter, but it was vague at best and didn't provide any answers.
    06-05-17 05:56 PM
    Lol
    When Passport was launched first initial shipment was sold out at 200.000 devices. Remember a thread where it would list available devices and where located. Now all this happened with not even 25% marketing noise created / done with KEYOne. So could easily be understood with all the HYPE / POSITIVE press the KEYone has generated 1st shipment sold out at 1 million?...it's very reasonable. Does not sound far fetched. This is KEYone fever folks!

Posted via CB10
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    06-05-17 05:57 PM
    Hey, I am one of those uber-upset by this whole release and I have since sadly left BB because I needed a new phone.

Not once have I placed the blame on CBK or CBB. They have done nothing but a stellar job in pushing the hype for this phone - they are not responsible for its production!

They are running a forum site and good for them they are sponsored by BB. Will it tint the commentary, maybe - but like CBK said in an eariler post what difference would it make if he ranted?
    Ecm likes this.
    06-05-17 06:09 PM
    CBK - in all fairness to BBMO, and other OEM's, aren't CDMA versions not usable if Verizon or Sprint don't allow on their network even with the correct bands? It's not just dropping in GSM sim card like AT&T or T-Mobile if carrier wants to be difficult, right? Have things changed?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-05-17 06:14 PM
    Hey All,

Wow, this thread gained steam quickly! Love how much passion everybody has for speculating on CBK and whether he's the saviour or destroyer of all things.

A few things...

A) CBK Activity: I haven't been quiet. If you actually pay attention to me everywhere, quite the opposite. Finishing up a blog post shortly announcing our US meetups, and will have an Editor's Desk post coming later today too. As I've said, don't just look for me on CB these days... it's 2017 - you also gotta follow me on the twitters and instagrams. I'm finally home this week and in the office, so will pick up on written/video content more (and we'll definitely do a podcast). When I'm traveling, it's harder to do all of that.

B) CBK Retirement in 3, 2, 1: Nahh.... Despite the teething problems some customers are seeing, I think every reviewer will continue to agree that this is the best BlackBerry ever delivered in terms of overall package and experience. As mentioned on this thread, CrackBerry is the place where anything bad tends to be reported so you need to normalize for that loudness vs. what you're not necessarily hearing about (the number of devices with no issues). I'm definitely tracking all of the hardware issues that are getting reported. With all of my KEYone units I have yet to experience any hardware issues such as dead pixels or screen lifting (I've probably had 15 units cross my hands already). I don't have any numbers on how many KEYones have been produced/sold/etc., but it still relatively early days - hopefully any issues on the production line have already been fixed. Feel bad obviously for anybody who picked up a KEYone and has had issues - hopefully you can get it fixed/replaced without hassle.

C) Blame CBK for any KEYone issues! Lol. Sure. I'll take all the blame. It's clearly my fault. Just came home from Taiwan where I was at Computex, but maybe I should fly back to China and stand at the end of the KEYone production line and inspect every unit myself! [Hey.. that's almost so crazy of an idea I *would* do that!] Look, pretty much every BlackBerry that has ever launched has had some type of issues follow it... from overheating PRIVs to BlackBerry Storms that we're slow as molasses to BlackBerry Bold 9000s that shipped with unusable web browsers. It's not a new thing to see issues, though of course, I'd rather it be polished and perfect, and as mentioned above, I feel the pain for anybody who's facing issues. Hopefully it'll be rectified asap.

Overall, I'm more excited now than I was back in February when I came out of retirement to celebrate 10 Years of CrackBerry and cover the heck out of the KEYone launch. At that point, I wasn't sure how the KEYone would be received... by tech media, by reviewers, by retailers and by end users. I loved the phone from minute one, but maybe others would think I was crazy. Rather, the opposite happened - lots of love for the KEYone. It's been the most positive launch I've seen for BlackBerry since the early days. Considering the alternative was that John Chen would just quit making BlackBerry phones altogether, I think that we have the KEYone right now in our hands is an incredible turn of events, and that more devices are coming is even better. Obviously we have expectations from BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile that the hardware and software is going to be well built and reliable. I'm still completely optimistic that will be the case.

Alright, I'll quit typing now. Carry on with the CBK debate!
    Just tell me you typed all that on the KEYone .... That's all I wanna hear!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-05-17 06:16 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Attended toronto CrackBerry KEYone event... was blown away with quality of the new phone..and how well Kevin spoke about it..and he, as well as I, have used many...

Not blaming him for the fact demand exceeded current supply... does not change fact that the phone is premium and awesome....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 06:57 PM
    Thank you! If you do get your hands on some solid information that would be a front page story in my opinion.
    06-05-17 07:17 PM
    CBK; do you have any insight to when (if at all) BBMobile will provide information on when the K1 will be available again in the US. I know Steve made a comment on Twitter, but it was vague at best and didn't provide any answers.
    If I'm not mistaken people that are ordering the GSM version on Amazon are having their orders fulfilled. There isn't a definite date on when you will get it because it still shows "usually ships in 1 to 2 months" but people have been receiving notifications out of the blue that their device is being shipped. You can find plenty of examples throughout the forums.
    06-05-17 07:22 PM
    I don't have any problems with my KEYone, and I think this is the best BlackBerry phone I've used. The keyboard is perfect, I prefer it better than the Passport keyboard. It reminds me a bit of my old Bold devices. It has an excellent battery life and good/ smooth performance. The build quality is top class, like 10 times better than my PRIV. So I know your device has a problem, but not everyone has it. In the forum, of course you'd find many posts complaining about issues of the phone as when you're having a perfect phone, it would not make sense to make a thread and saying: "I have a perfect phone" would it?
    Totally agree. Got one today, the keyboard is a dream, the build quality is top notch. Sorry some are experiencing issues, but this phone is incredible, imho.
    06-05-17 09:25 PM
311 ... 23456 ...