I wanted on for my brithday, but that is allready past and it seems a long way to get one so I and my wife both decided not to buy it anymore.

1st the price is based on lesser sales and so they ask more then it should
    2th the hardware is ok enough to work with but it's now really priced high compared with other new
    devices that also 500 euro is a big price but at least you get a keyboard and monthly updates.
    It's to late and maybe a half year ago when the announced it the price was OKE, not now
    3th The trust I have in TCL in marketing, build and delivering makes me wonder how there support is.
    I'm afraid and wait the response and reviews till i bought this device.
    4th complaines about screen getting lose, keyboard, backlight,etc brings up some issues.

So my opinion for myself is the price is not right anymore because it was a half year ago and TCL sell more devices ,that means they could lower the price and last is trust in the brand TCL and how they deliver there device and warranty. So I wait till the prices drop or I could get my hands on a great package deal and gone keep rocking my Passport till some apps are not working.or I get one for a good price.

p.s. I lost my trust bit by bit and maybe because it's android, TCL or it's not build by BlackBerry? I have no clue but maybe it's also some disappointment, anger or frustration about what I read and what I expect. Maybe expectation are to big . We will see and maybe this is not the device I seek and have to wait for KEYtwo.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    06-05-17 07:14 AM
    [QUOTE=ominaxe;12907110]The main issue here is that we know that this phone is not selling like the S8 or iPhone 7, therefore the amount of issues seem quite high considering the low inventory that's most likely been sold.
    [QUOTE]

No. We have a few reports of quality control issues with the BlackBerry KEYone from a very small sample of users not representative of the population of all BlackBerry KEYone early adopters.
    06-05-17 07:33 AM
    I don't believe Kevin is lying or responsible for the keyone so called issues. I believe it's early production and software issues causing the issues.
    You have to realize crackberry is the busiest web site so you will see every complaint about the keyone. It's probably poor assembly and parts causing the issues on the Keyone not that it's a junk device. I myself didn't like seeing the negative reviews but if you have been on Crackberry since day one you will realize it's all part of the fun fixing and learning about your new BLACKBERRY!

Personally I am waiting to try a keyone before I purchase on I am rocking a new Galaxy S8 plus and the keyone would need to run just as good if not better before I would purchase.
    Last edited by o4liberty; 06-05-17 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Add info
    06-05-17 07:34 AM
    As the phone (slowly) makes its way into the hands of consumers, the forum topics quickly turn from hopeful/triumphant to desperate and angry. I'm losing count of all the issues people report, from weak antenna to red/green lines across display (my case) and the screen lifts. I understand that CBK was bought out of his BlackBerry "retirement" to promote the phone, but I believe that he and the CrackBerry team have LIED to the community about how wonderful KeyONE was. Truly, a good phone reviewer stays bought when he's bought, but I have a feeling that after realizing they put their name behind a bad product all these KeyONE evangelists will peel off to using their good quality iPhones, Pixels and Samsungs as soon their contract with BB Mobile is over.
    You seem focused -- on a mission, creating or reinforcing any negative thread -- and promoting other devices. A balanced view is more likely that of the consensus of reviewers, a solid, well-built, well-designed productivity designed device.

Posted via CB10
    rx8er likes this.
    06-05-17 07:44 AM
    When someone bring up the lack of availability of the device they are met with "this is a niche device and not many were produced and BlackBerry Mobile is being cautious" . Okay fair enough but if that is the case, given the number of complaints about defects, there is some cause for concern. Now sure if they sold a million devices as someone here claims then it's not so bad but that is highly unlikely.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-05-17 07:49 AM
    Have they really sold a million of the KEYone?
    Seems like ballpark of 5k from inventory numbers we have seen here.

I will say this is not the device to fight over or defend. For the pricetag they delivered us a product that has a strong cosmetic presence but lacks a quality component presence.

Its not a finished product, or they picked a wrong partner, or it was the only company that took on the task.
    06-05-17 08:09 AM
    He's gone pretty silent after the failed launch. He did his part though. It's BB Moblie that f'd up big time.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 08:12 AM
    Well the KEYone is a great product not a bad one. Just because your experience has been different doesn't mean it's a bad product.
    06-05-17 08:14 AM
    I got a keyone when it got released and no issues so far, I also got insurance for my peace of mind.. After a week my gf got a keyone from bell and when we got home the keyboard doesn't work properly . We returned it the next day and got a new one. No issues so far and she also got insurance for it.. Some electronic products will have issues , it's not only keyone.. Just get extended warranty.. I don't understand why people get worked up , returned the product and get a new one or just get a different phone smh
    06-05-17 08:16 AM
    And honestly, who cares what Kevin does? He started all of this from scratch, he doesn't owe the community anything. Paid or not paid, he still chose to be interactive with everyone.
    06-05-17 08:16 AM
    As the phone (slowly) makes its way into the hands of consumers, the forum topics quickly turn from hopeful/triumphant to desperate and angry. I'm losing count of all the issues people report, from weak antenna to red/green lines across display (my case) and the screen lifts. I understand that CBK was bought out of his BlackBerry "retirement" to promote the phone, but I believe that he and the CrackBerry team have LIED to the community about how wonderful KeyONE was. Truly, a good phone reviewer stays bought when he's bought, but I have a feeling that after realizing they put their name behind a bad product all these KeyONE evangelists will peel off to using their good quality iPhones, Pixels and Samsungs as soon their contract with BB Mobile is over.
    I guess the majority who are enjoying the phone without any issues should speak out.

No issues with mine, best phone I've had in a very long time
    schwartz1030 and rx8er like this.
    06-05-17 08:19 AM
    I don't support idea Kevin should be blamed, but he is not a third party. He is working for BBMo.
    I'm no business major. In fact, I hate it. In my inexperienced view, 'working for' and 'supported by' are very different from each other. CrackBerry is a means of advertising and support for BBMo, but they are in no way a subsidiary or legally connected to them. In that case, I see them as third party.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-05-17 08:24 AM
    That CBK took a business decision to come out of retirement to promote a product he's passionate about is quite obvious, he was in the forefront of the launch and has been very much a part of promoting the Keyone, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Neither can CBK or CB take the blame for the devices acting up, I was also wondering why CBK has been silent in the light of several reports of faulty devices and the massively botched up launch/product availably or lack thereof, but then again it is wise to say nothing when you have nothing to say, and again it would be foolish to expect brand promotors to turn against the brand they're promoting.
    06-05-17 08:26 AM
    The age of reason is dead. Look everybody, the "Bathtub Curve" of product life is something everyone should become familiar with.

Basically, upon initial launch, a disproportionate amount of problem are experienced as everyone gets their hands on it. The failure rate seems high to the consumer, but in reality, it more than likely falls into the acceptable quality rates that the factory has specified for the device.
    Everyone is getting their hands on the device all at once - thus the initial outcry.

Then the rate drops as those seemingly large number of failures are resolved. It drops to what seems to be a few rare occurrences.

As the service life of the phone nears it's end, the failure rates increase... thus describing the bathtub curve.

That is what we are seeing here. Now, note 7's exploding was a true, bonified disaster. Truly an engineering mistake and major mishap.

The KeyOne is made up of dozens of individual components, all of which have their own little lifespan and failure rates. We are seeing nothing but a normal project launch, exacerbated by unrealistic expectations of supply and perfection.

There has never been, nor ever will be, a perfect product launch.
    06-05-17 08:34 AM
    As he's stated in other threads, he spent last week in Tapei for Computex and was in meetings. The launch was hardly a failure, the stock levels are just not as high as they could have been. That angers a lot of people. It's ok.

As for defects, that happens with ANY mass produced device. Happen to Apple, Samsung, HTC, and everyone else out there. Tell me you've NEVER bought a defective device.

It's easy for people to complain about things, but it's harder to compliment. Welcome to the internet.
    06-05-17 08:36 AM
    As he's stated in other threads, he spent last week in Tapei for Computex and was in meetings. The launch was hardly a failure, the stock levels are just not as high as they could have been. That angers a lot of people. It's ok.

As for defects, that happens with ANY mass produced device. Happen to Apple, Samsung, HTC, and everyone else out there. Tell me you've NEVER bought a defective device.

It's easy for people to complain about things, but it's harder to compliment. Welcome to the internet.
    I think Its the quantity to defects which is on peoples minds. This was not a mass production by any means.

Samsung admitted and recalled. BB or TCL will do no such thing. Inconsistent built quality. Im happy that our friends in canada can go to a carrier and replace the device on the spot. We cannot. No stock and no support.
    Bbnivende and stefan_ like this.
    06-05-17 08:43 AM
    We have no idea how many have been sold, though.

Do you expect TCL to recall all the phones because ONE person reports a red line, or one person drops the phone and then the screen pops off? Come on, now.
    06-05-17 08:46 AM
    Held the display model in a store (they were sold out)
    The phone felt great! Good quality. Solid.
    It was fast and smooth.

I'm waiting for the next batch to come in.

The phone feels great.

I remember people talking about flaws with the Passport. I got the Silver Edition and it has been rock solid.

If you want this phone go get it, or order it... or whatever... don't let fear mongering stop you.

Posted via CB10
    itsFirhan likes this.
    06-05-17 08:55 AM
    Welcome to gaming. Where major companies sell you half a finished product that wasn't properlyy checked for Hugh's and issues. All android OEM's have issues (iPhone antenna not working, s8 screens, HTC removing headphone Jack's and boomsound).

Just be thankful TCL didn't split the phone into DLC and sell you the keyboard as a 40 dollar expansion or make you subscribe to season passes to enjoy a full experience. (Like game companies do)

I'm not defending TCL (or game companies). I'm just saying it could be much worse (like game companies)

Also, I'll post this everywhere. #Nougat4PRIV
    Thud Hardsmack and itsFirhan like this.
    06-05-17 08:59 AM
    I guess the majority who are enjoying the phone without any issues should speak out.

No issues with mine, best phone I've had in a very long time
    I've got 2 devices : Azerty and Qwerty. Both are working flawlessly. Not any issue at all.
    06-05-17 09:04 AM
    Have been checking the BlackBerry Mobile site for support info.... seems to be something they are still slowly working on. They have added some Device Help and FAQ, but it's very generic and the search function doesn't really work... but no where do I see a link to CrackBerry as a means of support.

Not sure what the "partnership" really is about... I know BlackBerry has links to CrackBerry, Know that BlackBerry Mobile has done marketing with CrackBerry. But not sure, if CrackBerry is involved "officially" with the KEYone support.
    06-05-17 09:07 AM
    CBK back into "retirement" in 1...2...3
    The countdown phrase is "3... 2... 1" Einstein.
    06-05-17 09:12 AM
    I hold no blame on CBK. All he did was like the device and promote it.

Sure the Keyone launch was an absolute bust and I was one of the first ones to abandon ship and swore I'd never use a BB again! I was so disappointed in the launch that I went out and bought a Galaxy S8 + on launch day lol.

I just happened to be browsing these forums one day and saw that the Keyone was available on Amazon and ordered one. It came the next day and I've been blown away since!! I have zero complaints.

The great thing about the Keyone is that it's only gonna get better with tweaks and updates.

I have since sold off my iPhone 7 Plus and Galaxy S8+.
    06-05-17 09:14 AM
    Held the display model in a store (they were sold out)
    The phone felt great! Good quality. Solid.
    It was fast and smooth.

I'm waiting for the next batch to come in.

The phone feels great.

I remember people talking about flaws with the Passport. I got the Silver Edition and it has been rock solid.

If you want this phone go get it, or order it... or whatever... don't let fear mongering stop you.

Posted via CB10
    Same things with the Classic as well and the Priv.

I guess it make sense they need to make more before the can refine the process and make some tight devices.

Thus it was always a smarter option to wait it out instead of being an early adopter!
    06-05-17 09:27 AM
    It is not Kevin's fault.
    06-05-17 10:06 AM
311 1234 ...