As the phone (slowly) makes its way into the hands of consumers, the forum topics quickly turn from hopeful/triumphant to desperate and angry. I'm losing count of all the issues people report, from weak antenna to red/green lines across display (my case) and the screen lifts. I understand that CBK was bought out of his BlackBerry "retirement" to promote the phone, but I believe that he and the CrackBerry team have LIED to the community about how wonderful KeyONE was. Truly, a good phone reviewer stays bought when he's bought, but I have a feeling that after realizing they put their name behind a bad product all these KeyONE evangelists will peel off to using their good quality iPhones, Pixels and Samsungs as soon their contract with BB Mobile is over.
    Al moon, nappalonia and chain13 like this.
    06-05-17 02:37 AM
    I didn't want to, but I am thinking the same thing.

Has CBK been on the Keyone forum to answer questions at all? Or is he only on the Crackberry frontpage to promote the device?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 02:44 AM
    This is just your personal opinion no more i have bought KEYone from two weeks ago without any issues and i am so satisfied with it beside I consider it as one of best BlackBerry devices ever

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 03:10 AM
    I think they are laying low until they get the damage control strategy from BBMo. I don't think the K1 launch was an epic fail but it could have been handled better. All devices have problems on new release but this one seems to be getting worse. I am waiting for the next batch before buying.
    06-05-17 03:13 AM
    I don't even want to bother arguing about this new useless thread.
    06-05-17 03:14 AM
    As the phone (slowly) makes its way into the hands of consumers, the forum topics quickly turn from hopeful/triumphant to desperate and angry. I'm losing count of all the issues people report, from weak antenna to red/green lines across display (my case) and the screen lifts. I understand that CBK was bought out of his BlackBerry "retirement" to promote the phone, but I believe that he and the CrackBerry team have LIED to the community about how wonderful KeyONE was. Truly, a good phone reviewer stays bought when he's bought, but I have a feeling that after realizing they put their name behind a bad product all these KeyONE evangelists will peel off to using their good quality iPhones, Pixels and Samsungs as soon their contract with BB Mobile is over.
    Do you even have a physical phone in your hands or do you ground your opinion solely on the issues reported here?

out of a million sold phones, a handful of people report their issues here.
    The quiet, very satisfied people do not write anything here.
    The Crackberry forums do not resemble all of the K1 buyers and users.

delete this thread it's not worth spending any more thoughts or word on mental diarrhea like this.
    06-05-17 03:16 AM
    Do you even have a physical phone in your hands or do you ground your opinion solely on the issues reported here?

The quiet, very satisfied people do not write anything here.

delete this thread it's not worth spending any more thoughts or word on mental diarrhea like this.
    I had a "physical" phone in my hands. Now I have a refund in my hands.
    06-05-17 03:25 AM
    I feel the same.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 03:27 AM
    I had a "physical" phone in my hands. Now I have a refund in my hands. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef41cd5315.jpg
    It is an industrially manufactured product. There are always mistakes that happen.
    Remember when the in these forums often referred-to, god-like Apple released the phone that lost reception when you touched the bezel while being on the phone.

BlackBerry/TCL is not to blame for a red stripe or any other device fault. Faults happen.
    they are only to blame if they are not swapping out the phone without any obstruction.

so you did get a refund. You could also have got a new device. What's the problem now? I can't get your point!
    citystars41 and Jrox74 like this.
    06-05-17 03:30 AM
    It's very common in the tech world to have DOA's (dead on arrival) and devices with faulty screens. That's why even companies like Apple and Samsung have recall programs in which devices with certain serial numbers are replaced within the warranty. Certainly when there is a production deadline, it's more common for defects to show up.
    06-05-17 03:40 AM
    I had a "physical" phone in my hands. Now I have a refund in my hands. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef41cd5315.jpg
    You could have just asked for a replacement.
    06-05-17 03:41 AM
    So all the other issues are not reported here.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 03:45 AM
    It is an industrially manufactured product. There are always mistakes that happen.
    Remember when the in these forums often referred-to, god-like Apple released the phone that lost reception when you touched the bezel while being on the phone.

BlackBerry/TCL is not to blame for a red stripe or any other device fault. Faults happen.
    they are only to blame if they are not swapping out the phone without any obstruction.

so you did get a refund. You could also have got a new device. What's the problem now? I can't get your point!
    I'm sorry you didn't get my point. All of the issues in my post are not single, isolated cases. There are number of people reporting the same problem for each. It's called a tendency. The company had all the time in the world to make a good quality product but it seems it had failed and I suspect because the phone was designed by BlackBerry, rushing out of the hardware business.
    My other point - there's no way CBK having like 10 units or so hadn't encountered any of these issues, big or small. But chose not to share.
    06-05-17 03:59 AM
    So all the other issues are not reported here.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but if a person is have a problem with their phone, they'll probably Google the issue and will most likely stumble upon CrackBerry, where they can post about their problems.

My KEYone is perfect. No creaking, no lines in the display, no screen coming off. But I didn't create a whole new thread to tell people that my KEYone is perfect.

If you have a problem, you're more likely to look online for a solution and come across this place..whereas a regular user not obsessed with BlackBerry with a fine phone probably isn't going to go online and look for a place to tell everyone about it.
    06-05-17 04:01 AM
    It's totally unjustified to put any type of blame on CB and or CBK...because some devices have some issues. It's perfectly normal in today's high tech industry that manufacturing defects can occur although big majority sometimes are caused by negligent use of item in question. Personally after reading / seeing all reviews of KEYone the conclusion is a GO. No doubt about it. If your device does have an issues that's what the warranty is for. No big deal. Appreciate the effort and hard work people have dedicated promote the BlackBerry KEYᴼᴺᴱ!
    06-05-17 04:16 AM
    My KEYone is perfect. No creaking, no lines in the display, no screen coming off. But I didn't create a whole new thread to tell people that my KEYone is perfect.
    I hope that the K1 I ordered and that will arrive at the end of this week will be as perfect just like yours.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:20 AM
    I'm sorry you didn't get my point. All of the issues in my post are not single, isolated cases. There are number of people reporting the same problem for each. It's called a tendency. The company had all the time in the world to make a good quality product but it seems it had failed and I suspect because the phone was designed by BlackBerry, rushing out of the hardware business.
    My other point - there's no way CBK having like 10 units or so hadn't encountered any of these issues, big or small. But chose not to share.
    Well, duh, the forum is there to report problems, especially since CrackBerry is being referred by BlackBerry and BBMo to do so. For the rest, if the problem is serious enough, stores and warranty covers it. I suppose you don't know how many units were sold VS how many faulty unit were reported, so do you have any basis to argue about objective item reliability with a large scale product deployment? Except that you were disappointed that your particular KEYone didn't live up to the hype you had built waiting for it, of course.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    06-05-17 04:55 AM
    My first Galaxy S7 had a faulty battery a week after getting it. The Galaxy S8 had a red tint issue that zero reviews seemed to notice. The iPhone, Macs, and other products have had issues that only came to light after people started receiving their devices.

You also mention how there's "no way CBK having like 10 units or so hadn't encountered any of these issues." Really? You don't know how many phones have been shipped to consumers. You don't know whether BlackBerry Mobile tested these specific phones that were sent to him (or whether he bought all the devices for that matter).

Your entire post is based on flawed opinion based on forum posts and nothing more. To accuse CBK of outright LYING is uncalled for and very rude.
    kkatindig likes this.
    06-05-17 05:34 AM
    Of course TCL checked the phones it sent CBK before sending them. It probably checks all the phones it sends out as review units a second time. That would be a logical thing to do.
    06-05-17 05:47 AM

out of a million sold phones,
    Have they really sold a million of the KEYone?
    kbz1960 and nappalonia like this.
    06-05-17 05:57 AM
    Have they really sold a million of the KEYone?
    That would surprise me
    06-05-17 06:14 AM
    You seem like a smart person!
    06-05-17 06:15 AM
    The main issue here is that we know that this phone is not selling like the S8 or iPhone 7, therefore the amount of issues seem quite high considering the low inventory that's most likely been sold.

On the other hand, this is the first time that TCL and BlackBerry have come together for a BBMo release. A first release is bound to have more issues than most.

But the biggest problem here is that the OP seems to be blaming a third party here (CBK) for no reason.
    World War Z30 likes this.
    06-05-17 06:27 AM
    Every reviewer said good things about this phone not just CBK and some use it as a daily driver.. You know how much "bad stuff" floated around about the PRIV? Turns out my PRIV is doing great of course you didn't know that because I wasn't one of the 5 who got one with faults or a troll not to say you are but I have a suspicious nose for that kind of stuff. Good day.
    06-05-17 06:35 AM
    But the biggest problem here is that the OP seems to be blaming a third party here (CBK) for no reason.
    I don't support idea Kevin should be blamed, but he is not a third party. He is working for BBMo.
    06-05-17 06:36 AM
311 123 ...