Hi all,

I've been with BB for a long time, and with each device I say "if I am happy with this one, I'll try the next" and my Passport has been great, with the minor exception of the dicking around we have to do to get some Android apps to run. I've been waiting for the KEYone to come out and have been planning on making the upgrade but I am toying with the idea of buying a similarly priced Android phone and just installing all of BlackBerry's apps on it. If I can get the Hub, Blend, etc on pretty much any Android phone, the main appeal of the KEYone is the PKB... it means a lot to me, but at this point I should keep an open mind and explore my options.

I feel like I might get more bang for my buck going with a Samsung or perhaps a OnePlus, but I am loath to move away from a company that has given me great phones for so long.

Help me make the case to stay with BlackBerry and get a KEYone vs something else!

Thx!
    06-15-17 07:15 PM
    One of the main reasons I chose the KEYone, other than the obvious physical key board, is the monthly operating system security patches. The only companies that have actually supplied these patches are Google and BlackBerry. Others have promised, but fallen far short of this goal.
    06-15-17 07:19 PM
    I LOVE my passport. It is an absolute killer phone. If they released an android passport I would buy it at any cost.

The fact is that you cant live on BB10 anymore, and the android workarounds are getting to be too much. The keyboard on KEYone is much different, but im used to it already in a couple of days.

KEYone IS worth the price. I paid $200 on 2 year term. Is it THE BEST deal, probably not... but it is worth $200 in the very least.
    06-15-17 07:25 PM
    I LOVE my passport. It is an absolute killer phone. If they released an android passport I would buy it at any cost.

The fact is that you cant live on BB10 anymore, and the android workarounds are getting to be too much. The keyboard on KEYone is much different, but im used to it already in a couple of days.

KEYone IS worth the price. I paid $200 on 2 year term. Is it THE BEST deal, probably not... but it is worth $200 in the very least.
    I agree about the Android Passport! I would buy one in a heartbeat!

As for the KEYone, that was my plan is to do a $200 on a 2 year plan as I need to change providers (moved provinces and can't keep my current plan AND upgrade).
    JDel23 likes this.
    06-15-17 07:40 PM
    I run all of the Hub suite apps on my work S7. They run flawlessly & my only complaint is I can't disable most of the Samsung equivalents. So my app drawer is redundant. At least with a Blackberry Android, the Hub suite is the stock setup.
    06-15-17 07:48 PM
    The Keyboard is the deal clincher for me. I went from a BB Classic to a Samsung S7 (with the snap on Keyboard accessory) because of Android Apps I needed.

The Samsung Keyboard is a poor substitute. It's not back lit, has poor tactile feel, and the phone had occasional goofy issues when the keyboard was snapped in place. I ended up taking it off and throwing it in a drawer.

I use my phone to make a living and need to have the ability to quickly and accurately reply in complete sentences with proper grammar and punctuation. For my needs there is no substitute for a physical keyboard in my opinion.
    Geselskap likes this.
    06-15-17 09:02 PM
    All about the keyboard, if you don't need it, other phones perform better at similar price points.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-17 09:31 PM
    Well, took the ~plunge~ and ordered one. Should be here in a couple days.
    06-19-17 10:55 AM
    It all comes down to the keyboard. And the hardware encryption if you care.
    06-19-17 12:43 PM