Does anyone know if you will be able to use the captive touch keyboard like the classic trackpad to select, edit copy and paste documents?

I tried looking under the PRIV and didnt really see anything applicable.
    01-11-17 04:01 PM
    Priv capacitive keyboard is only to scroll horizontally and vertically.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-11-17 04:26 PM
    Don't tell him ****.

Actually by holding shift und using the keyboard to swipe you can mark the text and copy it. Like on the Passport

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-11-17 04:37 PM
    Does anyone know if you will be able to use the captive touch keyboard like the classic trackpad to select, edit copy and paste documents?

I tried looking under the PRIV and didnt really see anything applicable.
    Well, after you double tap to "activate" the cursor, move it and then press shift and swipe to highlight. Unfortunately no toolbelt so no simply pressing the BB key twice to copy and then twice again to paste like on the Classic, you'll have to then use the onscreen controls. Then to paste you'll have to use the touchscreen to hopefully place the cursor correctly since there's no "mouse" pointer since the capacitive keyboard doesn't have a "click" feature like a trackpad does. If not, it's double tap on the keyboard again to move the cursor, then I'm hoping the option to paste would somehow show up automatically like I see in some Android apps I've had to use that on. Otherwise needing to longtouch the screen with your thumb could risk it moving the cursor to the wrong place again...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    01-11-17 04:52 PM
    Well its better then nothing. Thank you
    01-12-17 09:03 AM
    Don't tell him ****.

Actually by holding shift und using the keyboard to swipe you can mark the text and copy it. Like on the Passport

Where is the 'shift' key on the passport? The 'up' arrow?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 08:18 AM
    Yes. You can double tap on pkb and then hold the arrow and swipe to select the text

01-16-17 08:58 AM
    Well, after you double tap to "activate" the cursor, move it and then press shift and swipe to highlight. Unfortunately no toolbelt so no simply pressing the BB key twice to copy and then twice again to paste like on the Classic, you'll have to then use the onscreen controls. Then to paste you'll have to use the touchscreen to hopefully place the cursor correctly since there's no "mouse" pointer since the capacitive keyboard doesn't have a "click" feature like a trackpad does. If not, it's double tap on the keyboard again to move the cursor, then I'm hoping the option to paste would somehow show up automatically like I see in some Android apps I've had to use that on. Otherwise needing to longtouch the screen with your thumb could risk it moving the cursor to the wrong place again...

Actually, you wouldn't have to use on-screen controls depending on what app your in. Let's say you're in Messenger, you can double tap, hold shift and highlight text, hit control+c to copy, then hit control+v to paste. In that instance, everything is done from the pkb. Depending on the app however, the control+c won't work to copy (like in chrome) and you'll need to use on screen controls.
    01-16-17 11:26 AM
    Actually, you wouldn't have to use on-screen controls depending on what app your in. Let's say you're in Messenger, you can double tap, hold shift and highlight text, hit control+c to copy, then hit control+v to paste. In that instance, everything is done from the pkb. Depending on the app however, the control+c won't work to copy (like in chrome) and you'll need to use on screen controls.
    Yah, don't really care for things that don't work consistently across everything...

01-16-17 02:13 PM
    You will get use to it. It's having an android behave like a BB. You will have an amalgam so you get "the best of both worlds" in one. If you read Kevin's scolding (rightfully so) take it or leave it. If you love BlackBerry shortcuts and to single press a digit to instantly phone a contact or single press to open an app or copy and paste whatever you want---long articles into an email. .....you get ALL that...ALL THE GREAT BlackBerry TRICKS, IN AN ANDROID. You get all the google play apps so when you go to a trade show, you can download their proprietary site map and vendors list to plan your buying and find a vendor quickly. Not having to carry the big show book! You won't appreciate the BlackBerry Android, until you make it your own and use in. Typed on my PRIV.
    02-04-17 10:46 AM
    You will get use to it. It's having an android behave like a BB. You will have an amalgam so you get "the best of both worlds" in one. If you read Kevin's scolding (rightfully so) take it or leave it. If you love BlackBerry shortcuts and to single press a digit to instantly phone a contact or single press to open an app or copy and paste whatever you want---long articles into an email. .....you get ALL that...ALL THE GREAT BlackBerry TRICKS, IN AN ANDROID. You get all the google play apps so when you go to a trade show, you can download their proprietary site map and vendors list to plan your buying and find a vendor quickly. Not having to carry the big show book! You won't appreciate the BlackBerry Android, until you make it your own and use in. Typed on my PRIV.
    Well, you don't get "all" of them, but at least you got the speed dialing and the swipe...

02-04-17 03:03 PM