Anyone else noticed (I watched only videos) that the touch scroll sensitivity on the keyboards both on the priv and mercury is not as smooth as on the Passport? In native apps the scrolling is so smooth on the Passport, only in android apps it's a bit choppy.
    You can't make a fast swipe that it continues to scroll after releasing the fingers of the keyboard, however in native apps it keeps scrolling for a time. And also i noticed that scrolling in BB10 is also smoother.
    When I scroll left to right it looks like this in the process:
    Capacitive Keyboard on Mercury and Priv vs Passport-img_20170114_091236.png

But in the Android homescreen it was also choppy, nothing happened until you get fingers of the pkb, there is no transition depending on how fast you swipe left and right.
    I hope you get what I mean.
    So how is it actually? Is scrolling still as choppy as with android apps on Passport, or is it better now? How was your experience?

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    01-14-17 02:17 AM
    Yes, I had priv before and scrolling with keyboard feels choppy and weird compared to passport. You can't have everything I guess!
    01-14-17 02:35 AM
    That's because Android is a piece of sh*t software.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 08:44 AM
    Wow what a helpful comment xD I just thought if you can swipe and scroll smoothly on the touchscreen on android, it should be possible with the keyboard as well

01-14-17 08:51 AM
    Wow what a helpful comment xD I just thought if you can swipe and scroll smoothly on the touchscreen on android, it should be possible with the keyboard as well

They've stated a bunch of times that neither the hardware nor the software was final... So... I guess just wait and see.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-14-17 08:54 AM
    But I mentioned also the priv and the priv is final or not?

01-14-17 09:12 AM
    BB10 in general is much more fluid compared to android. The API's for the keyboard are probably from Android 2.2 era so that's what it is.
    01-14-17 09:35 AM

I hear a lot of complaints about the Priv that doesn't seem to translate to the dteks so far, so who knows.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-14-17 02:06 PM

On the PRIV it depends. Home screens: feels awkward compared to BB10 with capacitive keyboard but it works. It feels like it switches between screens other than with the touchscreen where you can move fast or slow or even hold it between screens in a seamless transition.
    Scrolling here in the CrackBerry Forum app or in news readers like Flipboard, it feels snappy and fluid, including the way it behaves on slow or fast swipes and it also continues scrolling for a while depending on how fast you swiped. Same goes for web browsers if they aren't lame buggers and the website is loaded. I use Yandex browser - it's way faster than stock/Chrome or Firefox, even with text reflow turned on and dozens of tabs open.
    Hub is also quite fluid except for the occasional loading stutter stopping the "afterscroll" when it's a heavily loaded one. It's never feeling resistant though, I can keep it scrolling forever as it seems.

But as already mentioned: no mobile OS feels as fluid as OS10 did, sadly. It truly was the best by far. For me, the most important thing is that I can move the text cursor as I want: quick or slow and very precisely. PRIV delivers in that department, so... ;-)
    01-14-17 09:10 PM
    Scrolling in Firefox Browser using the screen and the pkb seem the same to me. Now, what might be affecting the results or subjective feeling is that the Priv's pkb is short (top to bottom) and so the scroll motion is somewhat limited by the finger stroke. Obviously the screen is about four times as long and so the length of the finger stroke can be longer.

I've never seen a Passport and don't know how its keyboard height compares with the Priv's pkb.
    01-15-17 09:44 AM
    Priv's keyboard-capacitance scrolling does seem more granular than Passport's, as if the sampling points or intervals (on the Priv) are much lower in resolution. I noticed it immediately, and if I switch between the two phones, it's quite obvious. As already mentioned, it also appears to depend on which app you're kb-scrolling in.
    01-15-17 03:33 PM
    When i flipped between the Passport and the Priv, there definitely was a difference with the keyboard scrolls. Passport SEEMED much faster and more fluid. The universal search was the same way. Seemed way faster on the Passport and BB10 as a whole than on android. It's one of the main reasons that I gave up the Priv and am dual wielding an iPhone 7Plus and a Classic.
    01-15-17 07:45 PM