Received a new keyone today and the capacitive buttons do not respond very well at all any thoughts.
    08-09-17 06:42 PM
    What are your thoughts on it? There's only really two ways to go here. Get it replaced or exchanged or use it as is and see if you can pinpoint something that might be causing it app, or settings wise, but I doubt that is the case if it's brand new.
    08-09-17 07:44 PM
    Received a new keyone today and the capacitive buttons do not respond very well at all any thoughts.
    Do you have a version of Blackberry Virtual Expert on the device and if so, does it have a keyboard test? I have an unofficial version and it does not contain a test for keyboard.

Have you tried rebooting? And did you install any software on the new unit? Button Remapping or anything keyboard related?
    08-09-17 07:50 PM
    I don't have the virtual expert but I did a factory reset and still the same they are almost unusable at this point.
    08-09-17 07:54 PM
    Well unless you have extraordinarily large fingers you should not have major issues with the capacitive keys. They do get some getting used to in the first place anyways given their close proximity to the home screen.

When you say they are almost unusable are you saying that they simply do not respond or does your attempt to use the capacitive keys do something else?
    08-09-17 08:37 PM
    i know it's new, but do you have screen protector on it?
    08-09-17 08:42 PM
    This is my second Keyone the first one had the screen issue but worked great this one for some reason the capacitive buttons take almost three taps to work can't figure it out.
    The rest of the screen is very responsive and just did my second Factory reset.
    08-09-17 08:42 PM
    Same here. Not sure is it a feature, but the capacitive buttons do not work when I lay my phone flat on the table. Didn't encounter this issue previously.
    08-09-17 08:46 PM
    Same here. Not sure is it a feature, but the capacitive buttons do not work when I lay my phone flat on the table. Didn't encounter this issue previously.
    Mine don't respond anytime anywhere unless I hit them at least three times I starting to think I got a DOA device.
    08-09-17 08:51 PM
    My capacitive buttons do work with the phone flat on the table. Otherwise do your keys work normally if not laying done flat?
    08-09-17 08:52 PM
    Just the capacitive buttons that doesn't respond to any feedback while its flat on the table. The capacitive buttons are responsive when I am holding my phone.
    08-09-17 09:04 PM
    I can't figure it out very strange.
    08-09-17 09:09 PM
    did a third factory reset and still the same going to box it up and send it back want a shame. Maybe three is a Charme hopefully amazon still has them in Stock.
    08-10-17 10:37 AM
    Just the capacitive buttons that doesn't respond to any feedback while its flat on the table. The capacitive buttons are responsive when I am holding my phone.
    An update

I updated the firmware manually and it is working perfectly.
    Was on AAM481 and update to AAO472. Phone is BBB100-2.

Shall try it out for a few days to see if it resolve the problem.
    09-20-17 12:12 PM
    Mine was fine until the July update. So presumably AAO472 is the September update, and will fix it. Rogers is due tomorrow so we'll see what happens.
    09-20-17 12:45 PM
    I had the same issue....and mine never worked properly even with the September patch flashed. Between that, lack of notifications and LTE signal drops, I sent mine back for repair. Hoping it is solved once I get it back or get a new replacment phone. But there have been other posts where users reported the same non-responsive button issue.
    09-20-17 03:26 PM