Picked up the black edition yesterday and it will not let me set up keyboard shortcuts. Every time I try it just returns me to the settings menu, or crashes completely.
    I tried it on my PRIV as well and actually had the same issue, although those that are already assigned are working ok.

Anyone else had this issue?
    09-15-17 05:25 AM
    Picked up the black edition yesterday and it will not let me set up keyboard shortcuts. Every time I try it just returns me to the settings menu, or crashes completely.
    I tried it on my PRIV as well and actually had the same issue, although those that are already assigned are working ok.

you should try to update the Launcher and BlackBerry hub services through the google play store.
    09-15-17 05:30 AM
    Yeah I tried that, also uninstalled and reinstalled updates plus multiple restarts and I'm still having issues. So irritating because I really love the phone and I've never had to return a defective handset before....
    09-15-17 05:35 AM
    Try reloading the OS from scratch.
    09-15-17 07:08 AM
    Install nova launcher. Set it as the primary launcher.

Then go back and select bb launcher as the primary launcher. See if that sorts it.
    09-15-17 07:49 AM

I had that happen and I put it through a series of tests including Safe Mode and then reloaded the OS. Short story version - I had an app that interferes with the Short Cuts and did the same - Hit shortcut and boom, back at menu. It was a BLANK Icon and Widget app. So it probably is some app and you probably carried it over from the Priv. Process of elimination is the only way to find it.
    paolo73 likes this.
    09-15-17 09:20 AM
    I had that happen and I put it through a series of tests including Safe Mode and then reloaded the OS. Short story version - I had an app that interferes with the Short Cuts and did the same - Hit shortcut and boom, back at menu. It was a BLANK Icon and Widget app. So it probably is some app and you probably carried it over from the Priv. Process of elimination is the only way to find it.
    I DO have a blank icon widget! I'll try uninstalling and see if it helps. Thanks so much!!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 09:42 AM
    Just uninstalled the blank icon app and now everything works perfectly. You've saved me hours of angst, thanks a million!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 09:48 AM
    Just uninstalled the blank icon app and now everything works perfectly. You've saved me hours of angst, thanks a million!
    It did take me a few hours. Finally I did a second full wipe/reset but did NOT restore anything. Then I slowly added one or two apps at a time, testing Shortcuts until finally it was broken after installing Blank. I really like the Blank app so I can arrange things really nicely so I wish I knew why it breaks Shortcuts. I have not reached out to the developer to see if they know the problem.
    09-15-17 12:13 PM
    It did take me a few hours. Finally I did a second full wipe/reset but did NOT restore anything. Then I slowly added one or two apps at a time, testing Shortcuts until finally it was broken after installing Blank. I really like the Blank app so I can arrange things really nicely so I wish I knew why it breaks Shortcuts. I have not reached out to the developer to see if they know the problem.
    Yeah I like the app as well and I suppose adding it back after having set up all the shortcuts should be fine because it doesn't seem to affect those already programmed, but now I'm worried about what else it's interfering with so I think I'll leave it.

I don't suppose the dev would be too bothered about a grand total of 2 people with KEYones that have experienced this issue!
    09-15-17 12:19 PM
    Yeah I like the app as well and I suppose adding it back after having set up all the shortcuts should be fine because it doesn't seem to affect those already programmed, but now I'm worried about what else it's interfering with so I think I'll leave it.

I don't suppose the dev would be too bothered about a grand total of 2 people with KEYones that have experienced this issue!
    That's my thought. But I guess it would not hurt to write and mention it.
    09-15-17 12:43 PM
    To FF22: when you say ”reload the OS" is that the same thing as doing a factory reset. If it isn't. Could you explain how it's done. Thanks.
    09-15-17 12:48 PM
    To FF22: when you say ”reload the OS" is that the same thing as doing a factory reset. If it isn't. Could you explain how it's done. Thanks.
    Generally it is and can be done from the Phone's Setting menu. But at times that may not work and so you can reload the entire OS using a computer and usb cable.
    09-15-17 03:25 PM
    Thanks very much FP22.
    09-15-17 03:36 PM