I was able to move many apps from internal memory to media card... however on camera application, the option to select save pics on media card, is grayed out. Is there any tip on how to enable this? I also found out that not all apps can be stored in media card. Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm heavy iPhone user getting into old school BB.. Nostalgia!
    09-05-17 04:50 PM
    How were you able to move apps to SD card? You can't do that on Android N. The only thing you could have done is set up your SD card as "adoptable" rather then removable. If you did that, that means you SD card is now essentially your internal storage. You won't be able to move the card to another device and use it without reformatting and erasing it all. Typically, unless you have a very good SD card with good read/write speed, I wouldn't recommend making it adoptable as it could cause lag in your device.
    09-05-17 05:25 PM
    How were you able to move apps to SD card? You can't do that on Android N. The only thing you could have done is set up your SD card as "adoptable" rather then removable. If you did that, that means you SD card is now essentially your internal storage. You won't be able to move the card to another device and use it without reformatting and erasing it all. Typically, unless you have a very good SD card with good read/write speed, I wouldn't recommend making it adoptable as it could cause lag in your device.
    In fact I did adoptable, and when I went to settings/apps/ once I selected the app it gave me the option to move to SD card. I think this is great, especially for apps like Instagram or Facebook. Now I can see that I am not able to put pics taken directly from camera to SD card. I think some analysis are needed whether I want to leave it as adoptable and have apps there, or put it removable which may not alow apps but it may put pics directly there once taken. Don't know if both options will show lags... but I'm keen to try!
    However, I still believe I should be able to put pics directly to SD card once taken, while I'm on adoptable SD card option. Right?
    09-05-17 05:41 PM
    In fact I did adoptable, and when I went to settings/apps/ once I selected the app it gave me the option to move to SD card. I think this is great, especially for apps like Instagram or Facebook. Now I can see that I am not able to put pics taken directly from camera to SD card. I think some analysis are needed whether I want to leave it as adoptable and have apps there, or put it removable which may not alow apps but it may put pics directly there once taken. Don't know if both options will show lags... but I'm keen to try!
    However, I still believe I should be able to put pics directly to SD card once taken, while I'm on adoptable SD card option. Right?
    The option in the camera is greyed out likely because you are on adoptable storage and its essentially your internal storage. If you change it from adoptable to removable, that option will come back. However you wont be able to put apps on SD card. But if you are concerned with lag, it likely wouldn't be an issue as removable storage.
    09-05-17 05:50 PM
    The option in the camera is greyed out likely because you are on adoptable storage and its essentially your internal storage. If you change it from adoptable to removable, that option will come back. However you wont be able to put apps on SD card. But if you are concerned with lag, it likely wouldn't be an issue as removable storage.
    Thanks. U r right! Just reformatted it.
    ray689 likes this.
    09-05-17 06:36 PM
    Just to possibly fill in more info. Once the sd-card is formatted as adoptable storage, for all intents and purposes, there is no "separate" sd-card to store photos. All storage is now one and the same.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    09-05-17 07:03 PM
    Just to possibly fill in more info. Once the sd-card is formatted as adoptable storage, for all intents and purposes, there is no "separate" sd-card to store photos. All storage is now one and the same.
    In theory, perhaps. But in practice, the K1 splits them in two different "drives" with different capacities. Are you saying that if 32GB native BB K1 storage, once full, the pics will automatically will go to SD card?
    09-05-17 07:26 PM
    In theory, perhaps. But in practice, the K1 splits them in two different "drives" with different capacities. Are you saying that if 32GB native BB K1 storage, once full, the pics will automatically will go to SD card?
    Actually, I will withdraw from spouting off since I probably don't know enough about the subject. But since "saving to card" was grayed out, whether or not it divides the memory, clearly it is not treated so. And I strongly suspect (still foolishly spouting!) that even if it saved it to the card, from what I've read, it would still not be readible if removed.

But again, I think you're formatting it as removable storage was wise.
    09-05-17 07:35 PM