Anyone know why?
    01-01-18 04:33 AM
    this is with the unlocked Canadian 4gb phone
    01-01-18 04:33 AM
    Anyone know why?
    I believe ur having an issue with ur mms messaging. The larger picture is the keyone isn't optimized on any carrier that I know of yet to to handle "data" texts, tto put it most simply. Meaning no texts over wifi.
    01-01-18 08:54 AM
    I don't think that's it but thanks for the response.
    01-01-18 08:36 PM
    I'm having the same problem at home in US on AT&T (unlocked international black version, which I'm guessing is the issue)... I get "service not activated on network" message.
    01-02-18 01:51 PM
    What model number is your black edition K1?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 07:36 PM
    I believe ur having an issue with ur mms messaging. The larger picture is the keyone isn't optimized on any carrier that I know of yet to to handle "data" texts, tto put it most simply. Meaning no texts over wifi.
    Erm...texting over wifi working fine here on unlocked K1 on T-Mobile. As does wifi calling, VoLTE, and HD Voice.
    portplayer likes this.
    01-02-18 10:43 PM
    Erm...texting over wifi working fine here on unlocked K1 on T-Mobile. As does wifi calling, VoLTE, and HD Voice.
    Where are you located and which model K1 do you have?
    01-02-18 10:45 PM
    I'm speaking to RCS. Wherein sms is data capable.
    01-02-18 10:46 PM
    Not many android phones & carriers offer such a feature nonetheless
    01-02-18 10:47 PM
    Where are you located and which model K1 do you have?
    New Jersey. I have an unlocked Black Edition, PRD 042.
    01-02-18 10:53 PM
    Not many android phones & carriers offer such a feature nonetheless
    How is the presence/absence of RCS related to the OP's issue? Seems to me a simple MMS configuration problem, or perhaps wifi texting not being supported by the foreign carrier?
    01-02-18 10:55 PM
    I have had issues as an AT&T customer both sending and receiving text messages on no fewer than 4 devices - K1, Priv, Asus Padphone, and a Samsung Android phone (forget model). Often, the other end was a Verizon device. Leads me to think AT&T's implementation of text messages is not ideal.
    01-03-18 02:43 AM
    I have the unlocked black special edition keyone. everything works fine on it international I can not just mms anyone. sms will work fine. very odd. any idea's?
    01-03-18 05:45 AM
    I have had issues as an AT&T customer both sending and receiving text messages on no fewer than 4 devices - K1, Priv, Asus Padphone, and a Samsung Android phone (forget model). Often, the other end was a Verizon device. Leads me to think AT&T's implementation of text messages is not ideal.
    80 million customers on either side of the AT&T/Verizon duopoly would disagree. That being said, the commonality whenever I've had issues with sending or receiving texts is usually around unsupported attachments of some kind.
    01-03-18 07:59 AM
    80 million customers on either side of the AT&T/Verizon duopoly would disagree. That being said, the commonality whenever I've had issues with sending or receiving texts is usually around unsupported attachments of some kind.
    ?? You have 80 million examples to refute my experience?

I'm simply reporting the issues I have had. My parents have Verizon; they rarely send text messages with attachments, and every once in a while the messages just don't go through, picture or (more often than not) no picture.
    01-03-18 09:48 AM
    Actually I was low-balling number of subscribers on either network. My point was if there was a network or carrier problem with texting, it would be all over the Internet and news channels. We, as USA inhabitants, use approximately 4 carriers, primarily 2 carriers.

If you're not getting texts, it's the device, and if you're having problems across multiple devices, the only thing left is the user. I don't think it's the user because you're able to use CB so you're technically literate.

Verizon is known for its coverage and so is AT&T for the most part. Attachments with MMS can usually be the culprit with data issues. Since you say it's SMS as well, I have no idea. Something in your parents SMS/MMS settings maybe? Does Verizon help you check it out?
    01-03-18 10:18 AM
    AT&T and Verizon were less than helpful when asked.

Sorry, have a hard time blaming the device when three different device manufacturers and four different devices on my end all exhibit the problem. I know my parents had two different Android devices, and my Fiancee has an Apple device, so from my perspective, it seems pretty widespread.
    portplayer likes this.
    01-03-18 01:57 PM
    AT&T and Verizon were less than helpful when asked.

Sorry, have a hard time blaming the device when three different device manufacturers and four different devices on my end all exhibit the problem. I know my parents had two different Android devices, and my Fiancee has an Apple device, so from my perspective, it seems pretty widespread.
    Is coverage a problem on either side of the equation? Any dependence on WiFi calling or reliance on special carrier enhancements?
    01-03-18 05:14 PM
    no coverage issues. it's some problem with the unlocked Canadian Keyone on att when traveling to the UK and trying to send a mms. unless someone can tell me different I don't know what else to say.
    01-03-18 05:48 PM
    If I understand correctly, if you are texting more than one person simultaneously, it becomes a MMS message? I am having problems with texting to a group, no attachments, no using wifi.

For myself, I didn't have this problem on any prior device, including an unlocked silver KeyOne. Only with the black edition KeyOne that I purchased via ebay (PRD -042). I've tried the default Messages app and Textra.

I know one of the group users is on Verizon and that seems to be the person that has the most issues receiving texts from me (even individual sms), but another group user is also on AT&T. So I have to guess that it's some setting that isn't correct on my phone. But I've checked APN settings and they are the same on all of my phones, so I have no idea what it could be...
    01-05-18 10:21 AM
    Is coverage a problem on either side of the equation? Any dependence on WiFi calling or reliance on special carrier enhancements?
    Sorry, was suffering from food poisoning....

No WIFI calling with my folks, possible WIFI calling with the fiancee. Coverage could be an issue (kind of hard to have good coverage for something like six years that this has been happening), but I know some of the issues happened well after returning to good coverage. No special enhancements that I am aware of. Honestly, I had given this a lot of thought, because my family and fiancee and I all were pissed occasionally when things were missed.

Fiancee and I have switched to using BBM, and while it has misbehaved once or twice, seems to be far more reliable. For those with Android, I generally use Hangouts, as that works pretty well.
    01-05-18 07:04 PM