Whenever I select the "Settngs Shortcut" to add to the Convenience key or a Nova gesture, all it does is open the System Settings, and doesn't map to the key. Anyone know the trick or if this is even possible?
    07-06-18 04:44 PM
    If I'm trying to understand this right, you're trying to map the Settings to the convenience key, and it's opening Settings, but it's not what you expected?

What exactly do you want to accomplish?
    07-06-18 04:50 PM
    You understand most of what I was saying. I am trying to accomplish "trying to map the Settings to the convenience key". However, when I select this shortcut to map it to the key, it is NOT mapping. Instead of assigning this "shortcut", it is opening the app.

IOW, it is actually executing the app, instead of assigning the app. It is kind of hard to write, but I'll give the steps.
    - open settings
    - select convenience key
    - add new shortcut
    - select All shortcuts
    - scroll down and select "Settings shortcut"

The Settings shortcut executes instead of assigning it to the convenience key. Hope this is clear.
    07-06-18 04:58 PM
    You understand most of what I was saying. I am trying to accomplish "trying to map the Settings to the convenience key". However, when I select this shortcut to map it to the key, it is NOT mapping. Instead of assigning this "shortcut", it is opening the app.

IOW, it is actually executing the app, instead of assigning the app. It is kind of hard to write, but I'll give the steps.
    - open settings
    - select convenience key
    - add new shortcut
    - select All shortcuts

The Settings shortcut executes instead of assigning it to the convenience key. Hope this is clear.
    OH I see! When you select the shortcut to assign it, instead of assigning it to the key it's launching the settings. So the shortcut isn't actually being assigned.

I will have to look into this and I will try to remember to reply tomorrow or Monday. I'm really only active during the week. Hopefully someone else can beat me to this. Maybe it's just a bug. It sounds like you're following the steps correctly.

PS: My K1 is at home. I'm getting used to 8.0 on my LG G6, haha!
    07-06-18 05:05 PM

- open settings
    - select convenience key
    - add new shortcut
    - select All shortcuts

You're doing it right.. But you're assigning to the wrong thing.

The settings shortcut is a shortcut to one of the functions in the Settings app i.e Display etc..

What you need to do is assign it to an App i.e Settings

Assign it to "Settings" not Settings Shortcut". To do this use the "Open App" instead of "All Shortcuts" link when assigning keys.

Thank me later.
    FF22 and psychofox13 like this.
    07-06-18 08:12 PM
    Thank me later.
    If it's OK, I'll thank you now. Thanks a bunch friend. That worked.
    FF22 and psychofox13 like this.
    07-06-18 08:17 PM
    If it's OK, I'll thank you now. Thanks a bunch friend. That worked.
    I got u. 👍
    07-06-18 09:29 PM