HELP! I'm using a KeyONE. I am changing email providers -- I'm moving and can't take my ISP with me. So I created a new email account on a different server. My desktop Thunderbird client happily added it. But my KeyONE won't let me!

The problem is that my username on the new server, is, not surprisingly, the same as on the old one. The username I log in with *is* the email address. But when I try to add a new account, POP *or* IMAP, I get a dialog box saying
    ! Duplicate Account
    You're already using this username for the account "<name>"

And it won't proceed. Even though it's a different server, no ambiguity. If I deleted the old server's account, it would delete ALL of the mail downloaded FROM that server already, which is bad.
    HELP! Thanks!
    Last edited by isdnip; 12-19-18 at 05:15 PM.
    12-19-18 04:11 PM
    Creating account with just username instead of full email address?
    12-19-18 04:43 PM
    Hmmm. The username may be the workaround. The 'berry asks for the "Email address" and the "username". The two are the same on this account -- you log in to the server with your actual email address (domain and all) as the username, since it's a system that serves many domains. I assume that "email address" means outgoing. What I did was create the new Hub+ account where the "Email address" is not the one I actually want to use, but one that is still a mailmap that reaches me. I still would prefer to be able to edit that back to the correct name, but once you create a Hub+ account, its "email address" is not changeable. Which is bad.
    12-19-18 05:14 PM
    Can't you copy the email from the old account to the new one, using IMAP, via your desktop machine? Then delete the old account from your phone, add the new one and re-download the old mail?
    12-20-18 04:37 PM