I got so used to charging my priv every chance I got, sort of like getting fresh tires at Darlington at every opportunity, that I thought nothing of it.

I've yet to get down to 50% with the K1. I've had to stop myself from charging it when I went to do it. Almost don't know what to do now.
    anon(4297019) and FF22 like this.
    03-23-18 05:55 PM
    It's great, isn't it! A few months ago, when the husband had to go to the hospital suddenly for a double bypass, I was able to give it a major test. I had to have it up and running for about 38 hours before being able to get to my charger. ( i stayed away from anything unnecessary until i could get the charger from home the next day) .It was so wonderful to be able to use the phone all day, without having to find a plug in the hallway, or use one of the public charging cord station stands. The KeyOne is an awesome phone, no doubt about it.
    03-23-18 07:37 PM
    Definitely amazing. I haven't been able to finish off the battery in a days use yet. very impressed.
    03-23-18 07:39 PM
    YAAAAASSSSS!!!! I can't count the amount of times I've spent the night at friends places or gotten home and passed out and my phone isn't at 30% even after a 30+ hours of not being hooked up. Even in the rare occasion of being on calls all day I feel perfectly fine with restarting and texting and using apps while I'm out with friends. My friend's are always making fun of me for it but they're the one with dead phone at the end of the night. I love my KEYone!
    03-23-18 10:22 PM
    Agreed.

Sometimes I can go for Daaaaaays
    03-24-18 12:22 AM
    yes, I really like this battery! I have multiple portable chargers as unless I didn't use my PRIV, the battery would be dead within 5 hours! I had to have it plugged in at work and home.

my question is, back in the day the myth or facts were, if you plug the phone in for charge before a certain level the battery would eventually fail and cause the battery to die faster / slower. Should it be the case that the battery should only be plugged in at a certain percentage to keep the integrity of the battery?
    03-24-18 10:45 AM
    It's the best battery I've ever had on a smartphone.

Usually I'm in the ballpark of 42-48 hours on a full charge with anywhere from 7.5 to 9 hours of SOT and maybe an hour or two of talk in the mix.

To be fair, screen is at 25% which is plenty bright for me, I rarely use WiFi, BT is on at all times but only using when in the car for phone calls, location is off all the time unless I need Google Maps for something then it is off right after, I have always-on VPN active, and I have great cell signal at home and work and all places in-between. Also, everything Google is syncing regularly and push is active for email accounts. I do not use any social media at all.
    03-24-18 12:55 PM
    re: Battery treatment

yes, I really like this battery! I have multiple portable chargers as unless I didn't use my PRIV, the battery would be dead within 5 hours! I had to have it plugged in at work and home.

my question is, back in the day the myth or facts were, if you plug the phone in for charge before a certain level the battery would eventually fail and cause the battery to die faster / slower. Should it be the case that the battery should only be plugged in at a certain percentage to keep the integrity of the battery?
    Hopefully, someone will reply with a definitive reference but my feeling is use the phone and don't sweat it that much. Supposedly, it is best not to fully deplete the batteries. And MAYBE I've read, top off whenever possible. But, again, use the phone, the occasional full depletion really should not affect things that much - MY opinion - plus it might happen so live with it.
    brianmartinuk likes this.
    03-24-18 01:09 PM
    I typically do not charge my phone until it reaches 5% or less. Sometimes I throw it on charge at 1%. There are occasions, rare as they may be, that I charge it at random levels such as 20%, 42%, etc but for the most part, under 5%. Never had an issue with any phone battery doing this.
    03-25-18 08:24 AM
    Just bought myself a mechanical keyboard with usb 3 connectors for the office so i will have it plugged in at every opportunity now.

The battery life is epic though. Only once has it let me down and i think its because i spent a prolonged period of time on the london underground causing the phone to be constantly seeking a signal.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 03-25-18 at 09:59 AM.
    03-25-18 09:29 AM