Well... I noticed that my ONE AND ONLY default calendar account that I use for pretty much all my appointments etc... was no longer syncing properly. When I either add a new appointment on my KEYone (being on the road) or at home, nothing is syncing any longer.

New additions will be seen on my phone but not on my computer via my ISP webmail/calendar (SHAW) and vice versa... those made on my computer is not showing on my KEYone's BB Calendar.

I have a feeling this happened after the recent BlackBerry Hub+ updates. After removing the one and obliviously default account from the calendar... tried to add it and it no longer can be added.

I've removed my SHAW Imap email account from the HUB, cleared the cache, Hard booted/reset the phone (hold power button for 30 seconds) and re-added it back to the hub with no issue. All works well in accessing the email but when I go to the calendar and add it...by pressing the "Accounts +" sign it gives me three choices.
    1. BlackBerry CalDAV Account
    2. BlackBerry Hub+ Account (Where my SHAW Imap account is installed)
    3. BlackBerry Subscribed Calendar

Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-1.-screenshot.jpg
    Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-2.-screenshot.jpg

When I click BlackBerry Hub+ Account, it goes to Account Setup????? Shouldn't it be already there?

Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-3.-screenshot.jpg
    Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-4.-screenshot.jpg

OK...I'll click it to see why I need to set it up again so when I type my email address (which is already in my hub with no issues) the calendar is now saying "Duplicate Account. You're already using the username for this account"

Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-5.-screenshot.jpg

If it's a duplicate account, why isn't it there in my calendar for me to make as the default calendar in the first place.???

First world problems but this is my one all be all for client appointments let alone practices, games, tournaments for my two boys for the next 6 months. Thank goodness I can still access SHAW's online webmail/calendar on my laptop/desktop but defeats the pupose of having a smartphone or one with a calendar which no longer recognizes an account within it's own HUB???

When I go into Calendar's settings and go to Accounts and Calendar folders, well what do I see... my gmail account which I really don't use but have no choice since this is an Android device.

Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-6.-screentshot-.jpg
    Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-7.-screentshot-.jpg

Where is my Shaw IMAP account that's in the HUB? When I click the "+" sign, I'm back again to clicking the BlackBerry Hub+ Account and starting from scratch by asking me to enter the server details yada, yada, yada...

Any one else having syncing or difficulty issues as well since the latest BlackBerry Hub+ updates? I really don't want to go through each appointment for the next 6 - 8 months copying and pasting over the google calendar...
    Last edited by qphone; 12-17-18 at 10:49 PM.
    12-17-18 04:54 PM
    When you added the account did you set it up as an account to sync calendar and contacts? I can't remember the exact steps but there was an option to do it and you have to make sure it was done.

swipe down from the top of your screen and select the settings icon.

select users and accounts.

select your email address in the Hub+ account.

select account settings, sync interval.

scroll down...there you will have an option to:
    sync email
    sync contacts
    sync calendar

make sure that is on.

if that option is not there then you did not set the account up to allow the calendar to sync.
    12-17-18 08:51 PM
    When you added the account did you set it up as an account to sync calendar and contacts? I can't remember the exact steps but there was an option to do it and you have to make sure it was done.

swipe down from the top of your screen and select the settings icon.

select users and accounts.

select your email address in the Hub+ account.

select account settings, sync interval.

scroll down...there you will have an option to:
    sync email
    sync contacts
    sync calendar

make sure that is on.

if that option is not there then you did not set the account up to allow the calendar to sync.
    Well,

When I deleted the account and re-added from scratch...unfortunately, there were no options to sync calendar and contacts. The only option to sync was email.

Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-.jpg
    Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-b.jpg
    Can't add account to calendar from BlackBerry Hub-c.jpg

12-17-18 10:44 PM
    It's not just you.

https://community.shaw.ca/thread/42543

But which account type are you using?

https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1064
    12-20-18 05:45 PM
    It's not just you.

https://community.shaw.ca/thread/42543

But which account type are you using?

https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1064
    With Shaw, it has always by default asked for your email and password and that's it. No pop3, imap or activesync choice as all my previous OS7, BB10 and BBAndroid did instantly without asking...

And it's up and running in the hub, email, contacts, notes and all...

It was when I noticed that my calendar no longer syncing that I uninstalled Shaw from the hub and re-installed and for the very first time giving me 3 options (pop3, imap and activesync)

I know it's always imap which I did use to have true syncing but now has lost calendar syncing.

What I did (as much as I didn't want to use google calendar) was to export my entire Shaw webmail calendar into a simple .ics file on my computer.

Opened up another tab on my browser (google calendar) and imported it without issue.

Now all my months and months of future appointment are there and since my KEYᵒⁿᵉ is Android... my gmail is now the default calendar on the native BB calendar.

Felt it wasn't necessary to install the OEM google calendar app since there's a good one already installed. (BB calendar)

I don't even use my gmail... its only there because it's an Android device so that I can access playstore and google services etc...

So all's good again albeit more info for google to have...
    12-20-18 08:03 PM
    Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm facing exactly the same thing and it drives me crazy that I don't have all my calendars in the hub.
    06-15-19 01:17 AM
    IMAP never synced calendar and contacts. Only EAS accounts do that.

The OP likely originally used the auto setup option and it saw it was an Exchange account and set it up appropriately. But, doing it manually requires that you tell it what the account was.

If course this was an old thread, with no followup, so who knows if it was ever sorted out.
    06-15-19 04:46 PM
    IMAP never synced calendar and contacts. Only EAS accounts do that.

The OP likely originally used the auto setup option and it saw it was an Exchange account and set it up appropriately. But, doing it manually requires that you tell it what the account was.

If course this was an old thread, with no followup, so who knows if it was ever sorted out.
    Hey Guys,

OP here... no, never went back with Shaw and have been using Google calendar.

So in a nutshell again...

1. On my laptop browser, I went to webmail dot shaw dot ca and exported all my contacts/appointments as an .ics file on the desktop

2. With that same browser, opened up another tab to Google calendar

3. Imported that .ics file info into Google calendar

Going back to my KEYᵒⁿᵉ, all that info from my exported Shaw .ics is now transferred and syncing beautifully on my BlackBerry calendar.

Oh well... really didn't want to use Google/BB calendar but that issue with Shaw/BB calendar NO syncing, I gave up and never went back.

I still have and use on a regular basis my Shaw email account and 3 other non Shaw emails in my Hub but with Google calendar for syncing ALL my appointments with BlackBerry calendar.
    06-16-19 11:35 AM
    add it in settings/accounts
    06-16-19 04:11 PM