Hello to all

I've just upgraded my wife's phone from an ancient Q10, that she was pretty happy with, to a KEYone. The only problem that I've got, is that it presently won't permit the sending of multiple SMS text messages which are all interconnected into one message!?!

I don't understand. I thought that this had been a standard feature of any remotely smartphone for many years now?

When you type a new message, it will spill into message two, and after a few more characters, simply stop and won't permit you to type anything more - it reads 106/2 on the side, which is the indicator how many characters / texts you've written thus far.

Therefore, it will allow you to write a whole 160 character SMS, and then a further 54 characters into message 2, and then it stops you. I've been through all of the settings of the Android "Messages" app - but cannot a single thing that's even remotely connected to message length, or permitting multiple messages etc - does anyone know if I need to adjust some sort of software setting somewhere?

The phone is uptodate - running Android 8.1.0.

What's even more annoying, is that I have a BB Motion, and this doesn't have the same problem - I can quite happily text 2, 3, 4 or more SMS texts worth of messages, and it will type it all out, and send it with no bother!

I don't understand!

Many thanks for any help!
    12-31-18 05:23 PM
    Any takers for this out there? This is infuriating me!
    01-27-19 04:20 PM
    Any takers for this out there? This is infuriating me!
    Any luck with this? I'm having the same issue, and the BlackBerry Twitter account is DMing me nothing helpful
    02-24-19 03:24 PM
    Any luck with this? I'm having the same issue, and the BlackBerry Twitter account is DMing me nothing helpful
    No, nothing at all yet.

I took the KeyOne into a really good phone repair shop, a d they were as bemused as I am!

I did discover that the new Android based BB's are repaired by SBE in Ashford, Kent though, which isn't terribly far from where I live. If I can't get some support from BB (which is beyond woeful), I'm going to drive to SBE and deal with them direct.

My concern is that they'll simply tell me to remove / reinstall the Google Messenger app (don't know if you can even do that as I haven't tried), which would obviously lose all of the SMS history!

It recently was updated with the latest Android update. It made no difference to this glitch.
    02-25-19 01:00 PM