I need to highlight and copy text that's in an email. I also need to do this with contents of some texts - for work. However, I cannot find any mechanism on the keyboard or with motion that allows me to click, highlight and select stuff and then copy it. Apparently there is a cursor mode if you double click on the keyboard - but this isn't working on my keyboard. Is anyone else having the same problems - as it's driving me NUTS! Any suggestions? Other than that, this phone is GORGEOUS!
    06-12-17 12:18 PM
    Press and hold, set start and end. That's it. With keyone and all in the hub.
    06-12-17 12:28 PM
    Are you long pressing on the screen then lifting your finger to grab the coloured circles on the corners of the default selected area? It works in the BlackBerry Hub without any problems.
    06-12-17 12:31 PM
    Got it, thanks!
    06-12-17 12:34 PM
    Hello,

Crazy, nuts, these are the words.

For me I enter well in pointer mode by typing to times on keybaord, then select text by using shift key and gesture on keyboard as described here Using gestures with the physical keyboard - Keyboard - latest
    but ... but .... selection disappear just after releasing shift key ... selection is not kept ... impossible to make a copy !!!

Kr,
    Moo

I need to highlight and copy text that's in an email. I also need to do this with contents of some texts - for work. However, I cannot find any mechanism on the keyboard or with motion that allows me to click, highlight and select stuff and then copy it. Apparently there is a cursor mode if you double click on the keyboard - but this isn't working on my keyboard. Is anyone else having the same problems - as it's driving me NUTS! Any suggestions? Other than that, this phone is GORGEOUS!
    06-12-17 12:37 PM
    Hello,

Crazy, nuts, these are the words.

For me I enter well in pointer mode by typing to times on keybaord, then select text by using shift key and gesture on keyboard as described here Using gestures with the physical keyboard - Keyboard - latest
    but ... but .... selection disappear just after releasing shift key ... selection is not kept ... impossible to make a copy !!!

Kr,
    Moo
    Don't you have to set it up so you can use the two shift keys for selecting and copy/paste?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 12:56 PM
    am surprised at how often I use the left shift key and swipe the keyboard to highlight text and the right shift key and c v and x to copy, cut paste on the keyone. the shift keys were back the front when I got it. but I never used those features on the priv.
    06-13-17 02:43 AM
    Don't you have to set it up so you can use the two shift keys for selecting and copy/paste?

Posted via CB10
    How do u set up to use the shift keys to do this? Any difference between right and left shift key?
    06-13-17 01:23 PM
    Hello,

Done nothing specific ... just specified to use right shift key as ctrl key + a multilingual keyboard (french/English) as I had so many troubles to got it working on Priv.

But each time I select something using pointer mode and left shift key ... it unselect all selection and can't copy it.

Kr,
    Moo

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 03:58 PM
    How do u set up to use the shift keys to do this? Any difference between right and left shift key?
    Hello,

Go in android Settings then:
    1- Languages & Input
    2- Keyboard Settings
    3- Click on currently available keyboard
    4- Advanced
    5- At bottom ... Physical keyboard Ctrl key

Kr,
    Moo
    06-13-17 04:02 PM