06-11-17 06:20 PM
96 ... 234
tools
    It hasn't changed my opinion of the Keyone one bit, first of all I don't abuse my devices and take very good care of my stuff. These test are the extreme side of abuse and not geared towards the average consumer.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-10-17 06:58 AM
    No but I start thinking that anything can get behind the screen, dust etc..and without a seal and something holding it on; adhesive, it could fall off easily with one drop .... like those other folks that actually have one right now... .. The video has me thinking ....
    You're not the only one. I will skip the Keyone for this reason. No I won't bend the phone on purpose, but seeing how easily the screen can pop out makes me think if I really want to get a phone that will have me worried all the freaking time, literally. I'm someone who uses his phone all the time, for absolutely everything, so I feel a lot safer by trusting that youtube video and those owners who are having this ridiculous problem of the screen poping out, lifting, etc. After seeing this problem with my own eyes on a display phone of an store, I'm more than sure I won't buy this unless they fix this. This has to be one of the most ridiculous problems out there on "premium" phones
    ice_j likes this.
    06-10-17 07:23 AM
    Well donot defend by saying "i'm not gonna bend my phone like that " Being one among the 6 phones that failed the bend which included under par phones is a dissapointment and we all expect more from blackberry and i am sure they will look into it and make it better
    PS. i am gonna wait till an announcement from BB
    06-10-17 12:59 PM
    Well donot defend by saying "i'm not gonna bend my phone like that " Being one among the 6 phones that failed the bend which included under par phones is a dissapointment and we all expect more from blackberry and i am sure they will look into it and make it better
    PS. i am gonna wait till an announcement from BB
    What's more likely? A major bend, or a dropped device? KEYᵒⁿᵉ beats both S8 and iPhone 7 in drop tests.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-10-17 01:19 PM
    this issue is getting annoying. I don't think the devices are "missing adhesive" what was the last BlackBerry device you owned with adhesive on the display ?? I repair BlackBerry devices in my spare time and don't remember the last one that had anything more than clips and screws. if anything it makes for an easier repair.
    Not true, as my Classic had a tiny screen lift and I carefully pried it open. It had adhesive all around but it just had let go. So I applied some dental composite glue and fitted it back. It rock solid since and way tougher than the factory glue was. Guess I would just do the sam with this issue...
    06-10-17 01:34 PM
    But that's when it's New; what about a year or 2 from now when it's used with out the proper seal or adhesive backing? I'm just thinking... lucky my CDMA is late and i have days to make a decision
    Don't count on them changing the production process so soon.
    06-10-17 01:43 PM
    He could have just run the keyone over on the train tracks to get his point across.. no handheld device is bulletproof.. I'm getting it regardless what the ***** does or says
    Roadie29 likes this.
    06-10-17 01:56 PM
    Call me jaded, but it's threads like these that make me thing there are astroturfers here on business.
    06-10-17 02:19 PM
    Counterpoint: NOT being glued in has two major benefits: 1) in a drop the screen might pop out instead of cracking and 2) if the screen DOES crack it's waaaay easier to replace.
    And cost even more
    06-11-17 12:37 AM
    I don't know why people are saying "take care of your device and it won't fall apart."

I took care of my passport. Didn't drop it once. Guess what? Screen lifting.

Now, granted, they took care of me really quick. That was much appreciated.

Still, that's not relevant. BlackBerry isn't making these devices anymore, it's TCL.

So, we can't compare it to old devices.

I don't care what the solution is. For 700 CAD I expect near perfection. Missing glue is a huge deal. These are not amateurs. They've built many phones.

What they are showing is a disregard for the customer. And charging a premium.

You may have your device for years without issue, or you might put it down in a table with a little extra force and there goes the screen.

That's build quality from some low end sub-100 device. Not a "premium" brand like BlackBerry.

You might be willing to settle for second best. But most people here won't.

Either TCL makes this right. Or they can forget it.

I was interested in a Keyone. But after looking at the subpar specs, the overinflated price, and the shoddy workmanship?

So not worth it.
    06-11-17 01:11 AM
    this issue is getting annoying. I don't think the devices are "missing adhesive" what was the last BlackBerry device you owned with adhesive on the display ?? I repair BlackBerry devices in my spare time and don't remember the last one that had anything more than clips and screws. if anything it makes for an easier repair.
    Passort, Classic.
    Try Q and Z10 as well though the glueing may be different.
    There got to be some glue somewhere as it is pretty hard to thread into glass so glass can be screwed in place.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 03:21 AM
    You might be willing to settle for second best. But most people here won't.

So not worth it.
    I dunno this forum is different now. People would go crazy over one thing being slightly crooked before. Now? Many reported cases of poor reception, some cases of screens detaching without major damage, backlighting issues, etc are minor issues worth living with.

I actually think most of the users here don't even care about all this. It's their money though so who cares.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 03:55 AM

Either TCL makes this right. Or they can forget it.

I was interested in a Keyone. But after looking at the subpar specs, the overinflated price, and the shoddy workmanship?

So not worth it.
    TCL already did make it right - see their statement.

Shoddy workmanship? See CBK video - KEYone was the only phone to survive the drop tests.

Overinflated price? It's a $150 premium over a Moto Z Play, for a pkb and a lifetime subscription to the BlackBerry App suite.

Subpar specs? 625 and two day battery versus 835 and one day battery. That's a design choice. One isn't "better" than the other - it's a matter of priorities. See Moto Z Play again.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-11-17 04:42 AM
    I dunno this forum is different now. People would go crazy over one thing being slightly crooked before. Now? Many reported cases of poor reception, some cases of screens detaching without major damage, backlighting issues, etc are minor issues worth living with.

I actually think most of the users here don't even care about all this. It's their money though so who cares.
    Brand loyalty?? If only this happen to samsung/apple devices. If happen to blackberry, it's like nothing deal breaker.
    06-11-17 08:15 AM
    TCL already did make it right - see their statement.

Shoddy workmanship? See CBK video - KEYone was the only phone to survive the drop tests.

Overinflated price? It's a $150 premium over a Moto Z Play, for a pkb and a lifetime subscription to the BlackBerry App suite.

Subpar specs? 625 and two day battery versus 835 and one day battery. That's a design choice. One isn't "better" than the other - it's a matter of priorities. See Moto Z Play again.
    No, TCL SAID they would make it right. Haven't yet.

When you're using glass over rubber, of course it's going to break. Good that it survived, I'm not that I'm assuming. The other two phones still functioned. Had the others been metal, they would have been better off.

Yes, it's an overinflated price for an inferior device. Even with lower specs than the z play.

The G5 is 200 bucks with better specs.

3 gbs of ram is a joke.

And the 625 was a great processor... A year ago. When the phone was announced.

Newer processor are more powerful and more power efficient.

The 625 has been used over and over in guess what? Cheap Chinese phones. Don't get me wrong, I love some cheap Chinese stuff. I'll drop 200 bucks on one any day.

But 700? They're high.

For that much they could have stuck an 820 or 821 in there. Would have still been old, but at least not that old. Other companies aren't really buying them, so it's not like they would have competition.

Face it, they cheaped out, made a crappy device, and everyone here is just looking for confirmation that what they invested in wasn't a bad choice.

Guess what, the Keyone is not a good choice.

This is coming from someone who paid full price for a Z10, Z30, Passport, and over $1000 for the Priv . And the Keyone is the first one i say is not worth the asking price.
    06-11-17 03:13 PM

Face it, they cheaped out, made a crappy device, and everyone here is just looking for confirmation that what they invested in wasn't a bad choice.

You truly believe a big company like TCL, eager to make long-term inroads into the NA markets with devices and TVs are going to renege on their promise of support? Really? What evidence do you have for that?

How many devices are shipping with a 600 series SoC better than a 625? A couple with a 626 maybe, which only sports a micro-bump in efficiency. The 820/821 would have been a horrible idea. This is designed to be a battery beast.

How is the device crappy? I, and the other people I know that use it, think it's one of the best BlackBerry devices ever made, and it's tough as nails. Very premium feel. Even Jerry was super impressed with all the other aspects of the construction.

How long did you hold and try the device?
    06-11-17 03:20 PM
    No, TCL SAID they would make it right. Haven't yet.

When you're using glass over rubber, of course it's going to break. Good that it survived, I'm not that I'm assuming. The other two phones still functioned. Had the others been metal, they would have been better off.

Yes, it's an overinflated price for an inferior device. Even with lower specs than the z play.

The G5 is 200 bucks with better specs.

3 gbs of ram is a joke.

And the 625 was a great processor... A year ago. When the phone was announced.

Newer processor are more powerful and more power efficient.

The 625 has been used over and over in guess what? Cheap Chinese phones. Don't get me wrong, I love some cheap Chinese stuff. I'll drop 200 bucks on one any day.

But 700? They're high.

For that much they could have stuck an 820 or 821 in there. Would have still been old, but at least not that old. Other companies aren't really buying them, so it's not like they would have competition.

This is coming from someone who paid full price for a Z10, Z30, Passport, and over $1000 for the Priv . And the Keyone is the first one i say is not worth the asking price.
    Your opinion. Not mine.
    06-11-17 04:41 PM
    You'd think they had their lesson with the passport screen issue.
    06-11-17 05:21 PM
    You'd think they had their lesson with the passport screen issue.
    Different company.
    06-11-17 05:58 PM
    Different company.
    Sadly the same issue.
    06-11-17 06:16 PM
    Sadly the same issue.
    Not really. There was a lot of heat in the top right corner of the Passport which seemed to affect the adhesive there.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ issue was a design choice. They apparently went with a single bead of caulk (which also acts as an adhesive), and it stood up in internal testing. Based on actual metrics, they may have to slightly modify the assembly process.
    06-11-17 06:20 PM
96 ... 234