06-11-17 06:20 PM
96 1234
tools
    I can't believe all you forum members in here!? C'mon get over it! Either get it or don't get it!
    06-09-17 09:12 AM
    I have my KEYone for 2 weeks and it's working flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 09:37 AM
    Another one of those threads. What do these threads achieve? If there are issues, then raise it.

Many of us have the device since launch and most are happy with it. Even the ones that had issues, they wanted to replace theirs.

Do you often make a judgement call based on someone's opinion? You do realise these YouTubers make money based on number views and buzz they make, right?

Anyway, for me a phone is a phone and it need not have to be a rock. The battery and other goodies like PKB outweighs anything else out there in the market.

If you haven't experienced what the phone offers, then you're missing out.
    Why I don't have my CDMA version is TERRIBLE in itself since NONE shipped on May 31st and still no communication from TCL or BB on that.... but it's just a question...are you cancelling after what you saw or not... me I'm on the fence.. that's not a great build with NO SEAL around the screen and nothing holing the screen to the phone that's a big issue .. and it's a fair question ... maybe if I ever get my CDMA version i can further assess...
    06-09-17 09:45 AM
    What is so tough about pointing out this design issue... its a real issue, that might not affect you on day 1.. or week 2 but what about month 13 when that warranty runs out ??
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 09:48 AM
    Why I don't have my CDMA version is TERRIBLE in itself since NONE shipped on May 31st and still no communication from TCL or BB on that.... but it's just a question...are you cancelling after what you saw or not... me I'm on the fence.. that's not a great build with NO SEAL around the screen and nothing holing the screen to the phone that's a big issue .. and it's a fair question ... maybe if I ever get my CDMA version i can further assess...
    Not having a CDMA is a different thing altogether and we all agree on how BlackBerry has marketed and delivered the phone. There's no denial on their abysmal launch.

As for the build quality, I as a user, don't find anything bad to suggest if it has a glue underneath or not. And to be honest I wouldn't care any less. If it will break on its own, I'm pretty much covered by warranty. In the meanwhile, I'm just loving the feel of PKB.

It's not for everyone but for those who want a PKB, it's pretty much the only and best option.

Ps: Don't you love typing without looking at the screen. Because I just wrote this bit with minimal effort.
    thoms333 likes this.
    06-09-17 09:50 AM
    On at least "some" of the units. No idea how widespread the issue is yet. People are simply jumping to conclusions.
    Considering the apparent low unit count in the wild, I'd wager the likelihood of this problem being widespread is pretty high.
    thoms333 likes this.
    06-09-17 09:59 AM
    What is so tough about pointing out this design issue... its a real issue, that might not affect you on day 1.. or week 2 but what about month 13 when that warranty runs out ??
    They're too busy fighting the other points and calling users this happens to "non-adults" and the guy who recorded the video a "jerk" because he made a video.
    thoms333 likes this.
    06-09-17 10:18 AM
    Just got the CDMA Updated Shipping from Amazon.. it will be here on Tuesday ... so I'll go with the flow and keep it..!!! I just know I have to buy something to protect it... I wish I could go case free ....
    06-09-17 02:10 PM
    Just got the CDMA Updated Shipping from Amazon.. it will be here on Tuesday ... so I'll go with the flow and keep it..!!! I just know I have to buy something to protect it... I wish I could go case free ....
    I'm case free since late April. No issues so far.
    It's a phone in the end, if you drop it, the screen can break.

All phones can potentially break if not taken care of. It's with any electronic that is not meant to be used without care.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-09-17 09:11 PM
    not unless ur planning to intentionally bend ur keyone hehehe.. though i have to agree with the screen issue it is kinda alarming because sometimes u drop ur fone accidentally.

if u ordered already if ur in canada lets talk and send it to my sister and she will pay for it and u will live happily ever after hahaha
    06-09-17 10:02 PM
    Im in the military and my job causes my phone to take a beating sometimes. Got no case or screen protector on mine and have not a single issuse, its tough!
    thoms333 likes this.
    06-09-17 10:15 PM
    Just get it!

You know you want it.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom and anon(3641385) like this.
    06-09-17 10:23 PM
    It's a feature, not a defect.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-09-17 10:50 PM
    No ; of course nooo ! I received it yesterday and I can't be happier ♥
    06-09-17 10:56 PM
    "...the issue is that it is improperly assembled." Is it really? A silly video and a tiny number of reported screen liftings, and all of a sudden it's improperly assembled? I know about as much as you do about proper assembly, but I do know more about actually OWNING the device. This post was typed on one. No worries here.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-09-17 11:10 PM
    this issue is getting annoying. I don't think the devices are "missing adhesive" what was the last BlackBerry device you owned with adhesive on the display ?? I repair BlackBerry devices in my spare time and don't remember the last one that had anything more than clips and screws. if anything it makes for an easier repair.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-09-17 11:22 PM
    Better cancel it, it's just like buy a lottery. You might have the warranty and not gonna try to bend it intentionally. But who knows that someday you'll unintentionally drop it???
    harvestlawns likes this.
    06-09-17 11:55 PM
    It does seem odd to spend all the money on a metal frame and premium materials to not use adhesive on the display. A big gain in stiffness would result if the screen was glued in (much like a unit body construction on a car). However this is an extreme test and really not relevant to most use cases. I hope they change the design but it certainly does not change my decision to get a new KEYone.
    Counterpoint: NOT being glued in has two major benefits: 1) in a drop the screen might pop out instead of cracking and 2) if the screen DOES crack it's waaaay easier to replace.
    06-10-17 02:26 AM
    No. Putting effort into acquiring a second KEYone.
    06-10-17 03:30 AM
    Put your own glue on it, and stop whining

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 04:29 AM
    I ordered two devices and read in other forums not a problem, it seems only UK. I also read the cnet article and they had a though time to tear the device down. 10 drops and 4 bending later is finally pops off. So seems very solid 2 me.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 04:36 AM
    I am one of the lucky few who got theirs may 30th. I am considering returning it. I have until July 1st. I loved my Passport because it was a beast. Maybe TCL doesn't understand us CrackBerries.
    Why do you want to return it?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 04:38 AM
    Also the test done by CNET shows the lack of adhesive under the screen.

"After some pretty extreme tests -- dropping the phone ten different times on carpet and then on wood, and bending it forcibly four times -- the screen did finally pop off"

carpet? wood? This has nothing to do with "extreme tests". What is forcibly bending?
    The video seen on JerryRigEverthing is more like extreme testing for durability.

Good night Keyone I don't want one anymore.
    06-10-17 05:13 AM
    the Passport was/is one of Blackberrys best ever phones , but some people had lifting screen issues ..especially if they left it in there back pocket and sat down
    same with iPhones that bent totally out of shape after doing the same
    I have seen both issues..
    KEYone feels really well built , mind is excellent as is my Dtek60.

Treat your phone well, protect it and most of the time you never get issues ..to return a phone that is working well because of a review is just plain daft ...or it is to me
    06-10-17 05:30 AM
    could this be mass hysteria just over a few bad models? every product released has some defects in the mix.
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-10-17 05:39 AM
96 1234