06-11-17 06:20 PM
96 1234
tools
    Thankfully with all the chatter, this matter has spread to the tech sites. I'm sure TCL is aware of this and will deal with it.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...e-pop-off-drop

I've cancelled my preorder; I'll probably pick one up when this has been sorted out.
    phuoc and zephyr613 like this.
    06-08-17 08:30 PM
    Nope this thing Is going right back to amazon. I work as a floor supervisor at a factory... I don't normally have to get my hands dirty but when I do...... I really don't want to have to deal with a phone that can't have pressure put on it. I'm putting in an order for a oneplus 3T tonight. I'm out!
    06-08-17 08:32 PM
    we dont have glue
    Do you own or currently use a keyone?
    06-08-17 08:46 PM
    Do you own or currently use a keyone?
    absolutely........................................ ...not and i wont any time soon till things get ironed out
    zephyr613 likes this.
    06-08-17 08:55 PM
    Don't cancel it. Durability tests like that nearly never simulate real life situations.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-08-17 09:07 PM
    I'm not cancelling mine neither. I been fortunate with good bb products all my life since a teen. My luck can stop with this keyone since not really made by "blackberry" but by TCL. I'll still take my chances. I never go thru what that video showed so I know I'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-08-17 09:25 PM
    Good then maybe the rest of us who ordered CDMA will get a tad faster!
    phuoc and thoms333 like this.
    06-08-17 09:28 PM
    My KEYone is flawless and I am enjoying it. If I did have an issue with it I would be a big boy and take care of it like normal people do and not sit here on a forum and waste my time telling others not to buy it because I had a bad experience which also can be corrected.
    So you waste your time on the forum lecturing others? Just saying...
    06-08-17 09:32 PM
    So you waste your time on the forum lecturing others? Just saying...
    Say whatever your little heart tells YOU to.
    06-08-17 09:33 PM
    Just busting...all good my friend!
    06-08-17 09:41 PM
    Say whatever your little heart tells YOU to.
    Just busting...all good my friend!
    06-08-17 09:42 PM
    Am I wrong in assuming that the gorilla glass is affixed to the screen and as such dust can't be an issue with regards to the screen. If you're worried about dust inside your phone proper you better put some tape over the USB charging port!
    06-08-17 09:42 PM
    It's almost as if... competition exists that's water and dust proof... and has glue.

God this is a terrible showing by TCL.

If I was BlackBerry, I'd be pissed.
    06-08-17 09:47 PM
    if you purchased it from best buy and this no adhesive screen popped off, would you return it to best buy or blackberry? would best buy exchange it (assuming they have stock) or would you have to send it in to best buy.
    06-08-17 11:11 PM
    I'm so disappointed that I'll probably even buy the KeyTwo when it comes out and cancel that order as well.
    06-09-17 12:40 AM
    I am going to return my KEYone because by the end of the week I'm sure someone here will report it causes cancer. I'm out. Hello S8 or OnePlusTwoEqualsSomethingRather!
    Last edited by Matthew Davis7; 06-09-17 at 01:13 AM.
    06-09-17 01:03 AM
    In normal use there is not a problem, but a fall could a problem the screen jumps out but you can click it back. Only if you bend it not.

So a iphone 7 and samsung s8 does not jump but will be shattered after a good fall and with the keyone it will jump out and you can click it back or send it back if you bend it because you sit on it. With the iphone and samsung your glass with shattered.

Your choice

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 01:12 AM
    The device comes with a warranty.
    Say it louder for the people in the back!
    06-09-17 01:13 AM
    TIL every CrackBerrian is an industrial design expert...

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    06-09-17 01:16 AM
    I dropped my KEYone today from about 3ft by accident when I was walking down a hallway at work. It's in the Incipio Octane Pure case, and it bounced as it hit the ground, but it's fine.

I use this BlackBerry like I used my countless other BlackBerry phones before it, and almost a week in, there have been zero signs of any screen issues.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-09-17 01:34 AM
    Not only does it come with a warranty Best Buy does also offer a accidental coverage as well. I'm sure carriers that do carry also offer insurance.

I know older BlackBerry devices weren't made by TCL but if I recall many of the original models were all pretty much pieces snapped in together. People need to relax.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-09-17 01:51 AM
    most devices will suffer damage if you put them under this strain. I don't believe it is due to the glue behind the screen, each device has certain weak points, and it happens that the screen sits close to the middle of the device. it is clearly a weak point for the device, if he belt it face down, the screen wouldn't have popped out.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-09-17 03:16 AM
    Another one of those threads. What do these threads achieve? If there are issues, then raise it.

Many of us have the device since launch and most are happy with it. Even the ones that had issues, they wanted to replace theirs.

Do you often make a judgement call based on someone's opinion? You do realise these YouTubers make money based on number views and buzz they make, right?

Anyway, for me a phone is a phone and it need not have to be a rock. The battery and other goodies like PKB outweighs anything else out there in the market.

If you haven't experienced what the phone offers, then you're missing out.
    06-09-17 05:23 AM
    My KEYone is flawless and I am enjoying it. If I did have an issue with it I would be a big boy and take care of it like normal people do and not sit here on a forum and waste my time telling others not to buy it because I had a bad experience which also can be corrected.
    Exactly! Just fix the phone yourself with a few dabs of Gorilla glue, half the people complainging are not having issues with their phones but are upset over something that "could" happen - these same people will drive their cars today and "could" get into a car accident.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-09-17 08:27 AM
    these same people will drive their cars today and "could" get into a car accident.
    That logic works if your windshield is held in with only some clips... It's a design flaw regardless of if the screen is currently still attached to your device or not. The issue isn't the fear of something happening, the issue is that it is improperly assembled.
    thoms333, kbz1960 and sandpenguin like this.
    06-09-17 08:59 AM
96 1234