I'm one of the CDMA complainers ...while waiting, i just saw the Jerry Everything KeyOne Durability test and was surprised to see the bend test fail with the screen popping off....

I'm considering cancelling my CDMA BlackBerry Keyone ....

You think TCL or Blackberry with fix this issue?
    06-08-17 06:29 PM
    Do you plan on grabbing your phone with both hands and bending as hard as you can? If so, by all means cancel your order.
    06-08-17 06:32 PM
    Just in regard to the screen issue, why not continue with your purchase and see for yourself first? There are a lot of people who haven't experienced the issue and are satisfied with their KEYones.
    Oh jeez.... zzzzzz....
    No, I do not plan to cancel.
    06-08-17 06:33 PM
    I am one of the lucky few who got theirs may 30th. I am considering returning it. I have until July 1st. I loved my Passport because it was a beast. Maybe TCL doesn't understand us CrackBerries.
    thoms333 likes this.
    06-08-17 06:35 PM
    My KEYone is flawless and I am enjoying it. If I did have an issue with it I would be a big boy and take care of it like normal people do and not sit here on a forum and waste my time telling others not to buy it because I had a bad experience which also can be corrected.
    06-08-17 06:37 PM
    The device comes with a warranty.
    06-08-17 06:38 PM
    they probably will fix it and that's pretty normal.

the BlackBerry Classic had two distinct versions. one with the Berry bullets on the back flush and ones with them recessed.

the one's that were flush were launch and some people had them fall out, the keyboards were also not as good and this can easily be seen by a search back to when the blue classic launched, users kept reporting the keyboard felt better. all the black classics from that period onward had tight keyboards like the blue one. I know because I hunted tons of classics down.

they also had recessed bullets, the later ones.

For sure they get better and more efficient at making them that's natural.

But people with the launch ones... you're stuck with them loll
    06-08-17 06:41 PM
    Do you plan on grabbing your phone with both hands and bending as hard as you can? If so, by all means cancel your order.
    Exactly
    aseeralmadi and tmoore3496 like this.
    06-08-17 06:41 PM
    Just wait and see. We don't have all the facts yet.
    06-08-17 06:43 PM
    Just wait and see. We don't have all the facts yet.
    we dont have glue
    eldeadache and zephyr613 like this.
    06-08-17 06:48 PM
    we dont have glue
    On at least "some" of the units. No idea how widespread the issue is yet. People are simply jumping to conclusions.
    06-08-17 06:49 PM
    My exact thoughts.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-08-17 06:50 PM
    knowing there is a weakness of the K1 screen, i would take extra precaution not to put stress in the area where keyboard/screen meet. not do butt test, not put it in my back pocket of my pants, put a good soft (not hard) case on it. (when you insert your unit into a hard case, you might insert extra force to bent the unit). and make sure I have a jar of penny when I get angry with my better half, not throw the K1, but empty the jar of penny make a big noise to make my statement... If there is a case made like camera case, i might buy it to hosting my K1, so I can hang it around my neck for proper protection... just like I treat my good old film camera ;-). - provide the case is well designed, not too dorky.
    06-08-17 06:50 PM
    Just be super careful and buy extended warranty.
    06-08-17 06:56 PM
    love me ketone. no screen problems
    I really am surprised anyone would cancel an order over this. Try it yourself first then decide. I am shocked by the over reaction to everything. Buy it, try it and judge for yourself.
    No but I start thinking that anything can get behind the screen, dust etc..and without a seal and something holding it on; adhesive, it could fall off easily with one drop .... like those other folks that actually have one right now... .. The video has me thinking ....
    06-08-17 06:57 PM
    No but I start thinking that anything can get behind the screen, dust etc..and without a seal and something holding it on adhesive it could fall off easily with one drop .... like those other folks that actually have one right now... .. The video has me thinking ....
    are you out of your mind have you gone completely bonkers to be using logic on this board.
    thoms333 and eldeadache like this.
    06-08-17 06:58 PM
    It does seem odd to spend all the money on a metal frame and premium materials to not use adhesive on the display. A big gain in stiffness would result if the screen was glued in (much like a unit body construction on a car). However this is an extreme test and really not relevant to most use cases. I hope they change the design but it certainly does not change my decision to get a new KEYone.
    06-08-17 07:01 PM
    Just in regard to the screen issue, why not continue with your purchase and see for yourself first? There are a lot of people who haven't experienced the issue and are satisfied with their KEYones.
    But that's when it's New; what about a year or 2 from now when it's used with out the proper seal or adhesive backing? I'm just thinking... lucky my CDMA is late and i have days to make a decision
    06-08-17 07:04 PM
    Really don't see why you'd cancel, this practically affects a small number of purchasers. Other phones like the Nexus 6p have failed Jerry's bend test and I don't see Android fans telling people not to buy Nexus.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-08-17 07:05 PM
    Really don't see why you'd cancel, this practically affects a small number of purchasers. Other phones like the Nexus 6p have failed Jerry's bend test and I don't see Android fans telling people not to buy Nexus.
    the bend test isnt the problem its that there's no glue to hold the screen together
    kbz1960 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    06-08-17 07:08 PM
    the bend test isnt the problem its that there's no glue to hold the screen together
    It was designed that way to hold it without tape. Just like the 6p was designed to hold together but had weak point to bending with large forces. TCL should take care of it under warranty and move on. If you remember the Passport had bend and screen lift issues as well and some probably were put off by that but it shouldn't have turned off most if you were going to buy it anyway.
    06-08-17 07:19 PM
96 123 ...