I'm assuming that's from Cendirect. Keen to see what tomorrow brings on that front!

Unfortunately, I just spoke with a ShopCB sales rep today who indicated they had received an update (from Ingram Micro) to say units would not be available until the end of August.
    Yes that was cendirect. If you look at pc-canada they've changed their ETA from July 6th to Aug 14th. At this point I give up and will just buy from Bell directly *sigh*
    07-05-17 04:24 PM
    Yes that was cendirect. If you look at pc-canada they've changed their ETA from July 6th to Aug 14th. At this point I give up and will just buy from Bell directly *sigh*
    Do it. I had to do the same thing Monday. Honestly, is it worth the wait until August?

Are you a Bell customer? If not buying the phone and unlocking it, how much would it equate to you? I bought the phone from Bell + unlock comes to $820, which is almost the price for unlocks I've seen online. Bite the bullet now, we'll worth it
    07-05-17 04:32 PM
    Do it. I had to do the same thing Monday. Honestly, is it worth the wait until August?

Are you a Bell customer? If not buying the phone and unlocking it, how much would it equate to you? I bought the phone from Bell + unlock comes to $820, which is almost the price for unlocks I've seen online. Bite the bullet now, we'll worth it
    Yea I'm a Bell customer. So I won't need to unlock it and now come December I will be able to unlock it for free it's making the August date too far off. I will give in officially tomorrow and go out and hand over my wallet to the pirate carriers, forgive me all!
    gqmovement likes this.
    07-05-17 06:58 PM
    So the December date in Canada is not just banning sale of locked phones, but also saying that any existing phones already locked to a carrier have to be unlocked for free?

That makes the Telus option more attractive again... if they can get their act together and get some stock in.

Yea I'm a Bell customer. So I won't need to unlock it and now come December I will be able to unlock it for free it's making the August date too far off. I will give in officially tomorrow and go out and hand over my wallet to the pirate carriers, forgive me all!
    07-06-17 11:42 AM
    So the December date in Canada is not just banning sale of locked phones, but also saying that any existing phones already locked to a carrier have to be unlocked for free?

That makes the Telus option more attractive again... if they can get their act together and get some stock in.
    The question is if those forced unlocked phones will still require carrier approval for updates. I suspect they will

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 04:54 PM
    Unfortunately, since I'm with Public Mobile, even Telus phones are backordered 2-3 weeks. I may as well wait until August since there'll be no difference anyway.
    07-12-17 06:07 PM

I got 2 from Telus this week. Both were ordered a couple weeks ago and just arrived.
    07-12-17 08:27 PM

Carrier unlocked is not the same as factory unlocked... carrier unlocked will surely still be tied to carrier-released updates.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 12:21 PM
    I'm hoping that after December 31st that the Canadian Carriers will be selling Factory Unlocked phones. After all what's the point of locking a phone and then immediately unlocking it as it's illegal to sell it locked?

I guess time will tell.....Maybe Factory Unlocked KeyOne's from BlackBerry Mobile will finally be available in Canada then....
    pizzawheel likes this.
    07-20-17 04:28 PM
    I've been patient because I don't want to sign with any of the big 3. I'll keep waiting I don't mind if it takes until October. It would be a bonus if the purported version with bumped specs gets announced by then.
    07-21-17 04:22 AM
    Any update on factory unlocked KeyOnes?
    07-29-17 05:22 AM
    Any update on factory unlocked KeyOnes?
    Walmart is now selling it online for 729, and rumor has it will be in stock around Aug.14. Just go to walmart.ca and search for keyone.

Check out /blackberry-keyone-f445/unlocked-keyone-now-available-walmart-canada-updated-not-currently-available-1116172/
    pizzawheel likes this.
    07-29-17 12:44 PM
    I checked with 4 different carriers today. They only had (actually OOS) carrier-locked K1's. Not surprising, but figured they may have just started carrying unlocked ones, but it is appears that they plan on selling locked phones right up until midnight on the deadline. Heck, Telus wouldn't even wave my unlock fee on the S7 I sold after being a customer for 10 years. That will definitely make me reconsider going back to Telus when I renew.
    07-29-17 08:39 PM
    I'll be monitoring that!

Looks like factory unlocked is the way to go.
    07-31-17 01:57 PM
64 123