I totally agree! If they could give a date when exclusivity will end then we can make an informed decision.

Why have it up for preorders since May 31st?
    06-17-17 03:45 PM
    I don't think that it's up on CrackBerry but I can't speak for other retailers
    06-17-17 03:59 PM
    I don't think that it's up on CrackBerry but I can't speak for other retailers
    It's on a few if you search for the product sku cendirect, softwarecity, cdw..

I bought mine on May 31st and it's been stuck in waiting for distribution.
    06-17-17 06:40 PM
    I completely agree with you, Captain. We can deal with anything, but the uncertainty is crushing. I had hoped to gift my PRIV to my Mom while back home in Ontario next week (premised that I would have been able to get my KEYone) but that won't happen since the factory unlocked variant hasn't been released yet in Canada. The wireless cartel is strong in this country. Hopefully starting next year we'll start to see the cartel getting away from phone sales and focus on service like how it is in nearly every other sector (for example, you don't buy your desktop from your ISP).
    And come December all phones will be unlocked in Canada by default.
    06-17-17 07:24 PM
    I'm kind of resigned to a Whatsapp blackout for a week or two and buying unlocked mid July. If it's longer than that I am going to be an unhappy bunny.

Fingers crossed whatsapp will leave a thumbnail and status up so my guys can see it's only a blip...
    06-21-17 08:44 AM
    Latest stock alert update:

This message is to the many Cendirect visitors and customers who have requested an “In Stock Alert” for the BLACKBERRY PRD-63116-001. This is a high demand item and is currently on global allocation. Limited quantities of stock are coming in regularly and are shipping to customers with orders in the system. Last Friday the Toronto warehouse indicated 415 units were on back order for clients with orders. Tuesday that number went down to 393, this morning it was 385 and currently it stands at 374.

What that means is, while the stock is not widely available, in less than 1 week at least 41 customers who had placed orders have received their new Blackberry. I say “at least” because the distribution warehouse system does not indicate the number of new orders that may have been received, making it possible that more than 41 were shipped but additional orders were added to the backlog. For those waiting for our In Stock Alert to tell them that stock is available before placing an order, you could possibly be waiting a very, very long time. Meanwhile, customers who have placed orders in our system are receiving their Blackberry orders on a first come – first served basis.

When you place your order for any out-of-stock item on our website, you are merely reserving your place in line against future shipments of incoming stock. The sale is not billed to your credit card until the day the stock arrives in Toronto and is shipped to you. You are also free to cancel your Cendirect order, without obligation, at any time before receiving notification that your order has shipped – all we require is a simple 24 hour advance notice by email.

Your In Stock Alert has not been affected by this email and will remain open until either you are notified stock has arrived or 90 days have elapsed, whichever eventuality occurs first.

Thank you for choosing Cendirect.
    brookie229 and pizzawheel like this.
    06-22-17 11:43 AM
    The roll out has been a totally gong show. It's like this is the first phone TCL has ever made a phone.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 06-22-17 at 12:54 PM.
    06-22-17 12:03 PM
    Yah, feels like an iphone launch eh?
    06-22-17 12:53 PM
    Yah, feels like an iphone launch eh?
    lol. Just like.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    06-22-17 01:48 PM
    Any new updates TCL? Anyone... Beuller?
    06-30-17 01:56 PM
    Yeah, I just gave up on factory unlocked and bought one from a guy on Kijiji for $650.
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-30-17 02:07 PM
    That's a great deal, you lucked out on that! I keep looking at Kijiji as well, just to see what they are going for.
    06-30-17 02:15 PM
    I got an email and they said that stock will arrive on July 6th. Let's see...
    07-01-17 02:05 AM
    Crackberry, Amazon, or else where is getting stock?
    Tried contacted Telus yesterday, but they said it would be about 2-3 weeks before shipping.
    Apparently no store has stock.

Found a Bell store, but they're charging an extra $75 for buying it outright...bs?!
    07-01-17 10:19 AM
    I'm kind of resigned to a Whatsapp blackout for a week or two and buying unlocked mid July. If it's longer than that I am going to be an unhappy bunny.

Fingers crossed whatsapp will leave a thumbnail and status up so my guys can see it's only a blip...
    What do you mean a whatsapp blackout? Are you on BB10? If so, it's been extended till the end of the year.
    07-01-17 10:29 AM
    What do you mean a whatsapp blackout? Are you on BB10? If so, it's been extended till the end of the year.
    Yeah still working on both Z30 and Q5 but i'm also getting the message that "these phones are no longer supported".

If it is extended as it seems to be it'll save me making a rushed purchase, which is good. I wonder whether BlackBerry liaised with whatsapp/ FB to keep it going a bit longer and avoid unnecessary loss of customers?
    07-01-17 12:19 PM
    Yeah still working on both Z30 and Q5 but i'm also getting the message that "these phones are no longer supported".
    Make sure you're on the latest version of the app from BB World.
    pizzawheel likes this.
    07-01-17 12:20 PM

If it is extended as it seems to be it'll save me making a rushed purchase, which is good. I wonder whether BlackBerry liaised with whatsapp/ FB to keep it going a bit longer and avoid unnecessary loss of customers?
    Yes it's extended. You may need to update the app or something.

https://www.crackberry.com/whatsapp-...until-end-2017
    pizzawheel likes this.
    07-01-17 12:25 PM
    Yes, both needed updating, and a few more apps besides. I'd been somewhat remiss assuming I'd be driving a nice shiny keyone by now.
    07-01-17 12:39 PM
    just buy it from carrier, Rogers seems to have them that's where I got mine. $679 plus $25 to unlock online works out cheaper then many locations anyway. updates seems to hitting us quickly too.
    07-01-17 12:47 PM
    just buy it from carrier, Rogers seems to have them that's where I got mine. $679 plus $25 to unlock online works out cheaper then many locations anyway. updates seems to hitting us quickly too.
    Ain't no one answering the phone at stores!!! Lol

I tried telus, but online chat says yes you can buy outright, but then I call and they go you have to go to a store.

Most stores even yesterday aren't answering
    07-01-17 01:27 PM
    Did Rogers need you to sign a contract or buy a Sim from them, or be a current Rogers customer? I'm with Bell.
    07-02-17 06:15 PM
    With the whatsapp extension I'm waiting for factory unlocked.
    07-05-17 09:29 AM
    With the whatsapp extension I'm waiting for factory unlocked.
    You're probably in for a long wait, seems like stock is delayed till August.

https://imgur.com/d2R7Bee
    07-05-17 11:19 AM
    I'm assuming that's from Cendirect. Keen to see what tomorrow brings on that front!

Unfortunately, I just spoke with a ShopCB sales rep today who indicated they had received an update (from Ingram Micro) to say units would not be available until the end of August.
    07-05-17 02:45 PM
64 123