Was signed up for a stock alert at cendirect and received this email:

PRODUCT: BLACKBERRY KEYONE SILVER UNLOCKED DEVICE

Thank you for your interest in our products and services.

The requested product is a high demand item that is currently on allocation. The delivery cycle from the manufacturer generally takes between 4 to 5 weeks after the date we receive your on-line order in our system.

Here`s what`s currently happening - There is a backlog of orders that are slowly getting filled each time stock come in. There were 20 units shipped this week from the over 400 currently on back order. If you are interested in buying one of these unlocked units, the only way is to place a back order in our system.

We don`t charge your credit card for the sale until the goods are shipped and you are free to cancel, without penalty, at any time before your order ships by giving us a 24 hr. advance notice by email.

As units arrive in stock and are sold, new back orders are placed by clients - It could be a number of months before the backlog is cleared and stock will be available from the warehouse. In the meantime those who place back orders are receiving their phones within 4 to 5 weeks....Those who are waiting for an in-stock alert before ordering could be waiting for ?????? ..............Just thought you should know.
    Click on the following link to view and order:

PRD-63116-001 BLACKBERRY KEYONE SILVER UNLOCKED DEVICE - Cendirect Canada

Regards,
    Your Cendirect Sales Team
    [email protected]
    06-13-17 10:47 AM
    still no real indication when unlocked ones will start being available...
    06-13-17 10:56 AM
    They'll probably announce on 30 June who will carry them with an expected actual delivery date in August. Definitely a very poorly ran roll-out.
    curtxxx likes this.
    06-14-17 12:11 PM
    They'll probably announce on 30 June who will carry them with an expected actual delivery date in August. Definitely a very poorly ran roll-out.
    I'm trying to figure out where those 20 came from. And why aren't there more being sent if there already is a backlog of real orders??
    06-14-17 05:47 PM
    This is a Mickey Mouse launch at best and a catastrophe at worst. Aside from the stock outs, there are the commonly reported issues such as red/green vertical line on screen, poor reception and loose screens.

What's worse, the company lacks transparency and commitment. "June" is not a date. We are now firmly in June with still no clear indication of unlocked availability in Canada. Terrible management, execution and communication. May try this phone once it hits the bargain bin but no way would I pay full pop for it.
    06-14-17 10:37 PM
    Is Crackberry still accepting pre-orders? I can't find the link if anyone can post it pkease.
    06-15-17 01:01 AM
    Just order one from Rogers online. We bought 3 and they were here in 2 days
    06-16-17 01:05 AM
    Just order one from Rogers online. We bought 3 and they were here in 2 days
    That is not factory unlocked.
    06-16-17 03:09 AM
    This is a Mickey Mouse launch at best and a catastrophe at worst. Aside from the stock outs, there are the commonly reported issues such as red/green vertical line on screen, poor reception and loose screens.

What's worse, the company lacks transparency and commitment. "June" is not a date. We are now firmly in June with still no clear indication of unlocked availability in Canada. Terrible management, execution and communication. May try this phone once it hits the bargain bin but no way would I pay full pop for it.
    Of course the roll out will be slower. Was only a few days ago they said they'll put more adhesive behind the display.
    06-16-17 03:39 AM
    I know I am gonna get a K1 for sure disregarding the screen lifting concerns. I listed my passport on Kijiji and got two guys' offers. I decommissioned my passport and used com iphone 6 for a couple of days. Oh man, I started to miss my passport and called off the trade and moved back to passport. I can't sell it before getting my K1.

Where is my unlocked phone? It's a poorly prepared and executed launch. These guys don't know what they are doing!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 06:05 AM
    These guys don't know what they are doing!

Posted via CB10
    oh they know what they are doing - a lot of people gave up waiting and bought it from carriers.
    Protocol 2001 and j21jam6 like this.
    06-16-17 08:29 AM
    That is not factory unlocked.
    True but I don't see any impediment. Rogers is good at releasing updates and the device can be unlocked.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    06-16-17 09:11 AM
    So if I buy a carrier phone, then have it unlocked, where do the updates come from if I'm running on a different network? Am I right in thinking I'd have to update manually?

And if I but factory unlocked the updates will push through automatically independent of the carrier?

I really want factory unlocked but it's going to give me a whatsapp radio silence for my peeps globally for a period.
    06-16-17 10:08 AM
    So if I buy a carrier phone, then have it unlocked, where do the updates come from if I'm running on a different network? Am I right in thinking I'd have to update manually?

And if I but factory unlocked the updates will push through automatically independent of the carrier?

I really want factory unlocked but it's going to give me a whatsapp radio silence for my peeps globally for a period.
    They still come through the carrier after being unlocked with a Rogers device I believe. I think some carriers like att require you to put their Sim in it to update it but I don't think Rogers does. Alternatively I think you can flash the firmware.
    06-16-17 10:14 AM
    Current Plan B is getting a Telus locked phone, using it on Koodo, then unlocking and porting to Rogers in the future. Unlocked from the go would be better.

Yes my life is complicated...
    06-16-17 10:49 AM
    True but I don't see any impediment. Rogers is good at releasing updates and the device can be unlocked.
    Still isn't direct from blackberry and Rogers can eol the device as they see fit
    06-16-17 01:15 PM
    Still isn't direct from blackberry and Rogers can eol the device as they see fit
    Bloat is virtually non-existent on Rogers once deleted. Never seen them eol a device within year of manufacturers warranty which at that time most devices are ready for a change. Much prefer dealing through Rogers on issues than that horrible digital river. Hopefully BB Mobile will provide better service. Having said all of that I would prefer a factory unlocked but given there is no significant difference Rogers is a go for the time being until CB gets some stock.
    06-16-17 01:40 PM
    Will Rogers sell me one if I only have a corporate Rogers Sim? My personal phone is with Virgin. I could buy and unlock it they sell me one. I don't want to get another line with them and cancel it later. If they can't sell it to me, I rather wait.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 02:35 PM
    Call Rogers and ask.
    06-16-17 02:50 PM
    Rogers or Bell should sell you a non-contract device locked to either of them ...as well as Telus. You will need the carrier SIM card for now until you unlock the phone or they do it for you after 90 days at a fee...
    06-16-17 02:58 PM
    Will call them. I could use it with my company Sim till it is unlocked. Thx guys.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 03:14 PM
    I'm really trying to be patient. I know that it's not a shop crackberry issue if they haven't received stock yet. I also know that pre-orders that haven't been paid for are by no means guaranteed. However, waiting this long to get an unlocked device is crazy.

Yes I could buy a phone from a carrier and unlock it. Yes I could buy a phone from Telus and unlock it if I choose to go to a different provider. I also know that I could probably order a phone from the US...

But I don't want a locked phone and I shouldn't have to order from the US when I live in Canada!

It would be nice to have a firm release date so myself and other people can actually have a rough idea of when we can expect access to factory unlocked devices either from CrackBerry, Amazon or Best Buy.
    06-16-17 03:23 PM

I bought my Priv from Telus. Unlocked it and jumped over to Public Mobile (whom Telus acquired). I receive monthly updates with no problems.
    06-16-17 03:24 PM
    It would be nice to have a firm release date so myself and other people can actually have a rough idea of when we can expect access to factory unlocked devices either from CrackBerry, Amazon or Best Buy.
    I completely agree with you, Captain. We can deal with anything, but the uncertainty is crushing. I had hoped to gift my PRIV to my Mom while back home in Ontario next week (premised that I would have been able to get my KEYone) but that won't happen since the factory unlocked variant hasn't been released yet in Canada. The wireless cartel is strong in this country. Hopefully starting next year we'll start to see the cartel getting away from phone sales and focus on service like how it is in nearly every other sector (for example, you don't buy your desktop from your ISP).
    06-16-17 03:27 PM
    I completely agree with you, Captain. We can deal with anything, but the uncertainty is crushing. I had hoped to gift my PRIV to my Mom while back home in Ontario next week (premised that I would have been able to get my KEYone) but that won't happen since the factory unlocked variant hasn't been released yet in Canada. The wireless cartel is strong in this country. Hopefully starting next year we'll start to see the cartel getting away from phone sales and focus on service like how it is in nearly every other sector (for example, you don't buy your desktop from your ISP).
    We can't just blame the big three. I mean yes, the fact that I am willing to pay more for an unlocked device and don't have access to it is stupid in a capitalist system. It's out, it's working, I'll buy one. Give it to me! But BlackBerry Mobile should have said something about availability by now.

Even if it's because of Rogers, Telus and Bell wanting exclusivity... there's no reason why they can't say when the unlocked phones are expected.
    Protocol 2001 likes this.
    06-16-17 03:39 PM
64 123