I've been noticing bad battery and RAM consumption in the past few days and decided to go for a factory reset later this week. I could use this opportunity to update my phone as I didn't do it since purchase. Is it possible to update to the latest Android 7 version and not risk Android 8 being installed?
    10-31-18 04:16 AM
    I've been noticing bad battery and RAM consumption in the past few days and decided to go for a factory reset later this week. I could use this opportunity to update my phone as I didn't do it since purchase. Is it possible to update to the latest Android 7 version and not risk Android 8 being installed?
    I really don't think holding back from updating to 8.1 has any benefits. Sure some may have some issues, but a factory reset after the update should sort things out.

I used a KEYone on Oreo briefly and battery life and RAM management were just fine.
    10-31-18 05:27 AM
    I really don't think holding back from updating to 8.1 has any benefits. Sure some may have some issues, but a factory reset after the update should sort things out.

I used a KEYone on Oreo briefly and battery life and RAM management were just fine.
    Agreed. Same here.
    10-31-18 07:38 AM
    There is not. If Oreo is available for your device, that will be the update installed.

You should really update your device anyway. The security fixes alone are worth it. Especially the December, January, and February patches.
    eldeadache likes this.
    10-31-18 12:04 PM
    There is not. If Oreo is available for your device, that will be the update installed.

You should really update your device anyway. The security fixes alone are worth it. Especially the December, January, and February patches.
    Finally an answer that is actually helpful. Thank you. I'll give it a try and just hope I don't have Oreo available for my device.
    10-31-18 12:14 PM
    Finally an answer that is actually helpful. Thank you. I'll give it a try and just hope I don't have Oreo available for my device.
    I have to attest that Oreo is great. I love it. I have only 1 issue with it on my K1 (BBB100-1, Unlocked USA), and that's that it won't display the song playing on my car radio over bluetooth anymore. I've factory-reset my car radio and my phone, but the issues is still there. It actually bugs me so much that I am using a different phone until my K1 gets an update that hopefully fixes it lol. I haven't read of many others with this issue while on Oreo, though.
    10-31-18 12:34 PM