I understand, but waxing on about how great the battery is when specific features of the phone are turned off just don't really make much sense to me.
    OK we hear you. Let's pretend that we have all of the newest and latest phones and we run them with everything enabled all the time. How do you think the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will hold up?
    07-28-17 04:34 PM
    OK we hear you. Let's pretend that we have all of the newest and latest phones and we run them with everything enabled all the time. How do you think the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will hold up?
    I think depending on the phone that it will be equal to the other phones that get excellent battery life.
    07-28-17 05:02 PM
    I think depending on the phone that it will be equal to the other phones that get excellent battery life.
    Are you a politician or a banker? LOL
    07-28-17 07:01 PM
    Are you a politician or a banker? LOL
    Lol just a realist. Every single time a BlackBerry phone is released these wild battery claims come out. I’ve owned all of them and while some have been good, some have been bad. The KEYone gets great battery life but asking a question like “can you kill the battery in 10 hours” is ridiculous.

Mine is dead in 5 or 6 depending on the days use. When someone gets their phone and they don’t get 48hours it battery they think their doing something wrong. They aren’t, they are just using the phone and don’t turn off every single feature in order to make a claim that their battery lasted two days.
    07-28-17 07:16 PM
    Both of my keyone and OP5 last over 9 hours SOT. It seems newer generation chipsets are very efficient.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 07:32 PM
    Yeah, I'm not believing you have 5 plus hours of on screen time with 85% battery power left. Not possible with any phone.
    Totally true!
    07-28-17 07:33 PM
    Both of my keyone and OP5 last over 9 hours SOT. It seems newer generation chipsets are very efficient.

Posted via CB10
    The Snapdragon 625 is on the older side, though. There's the 626 in this year's crop of Moto Z phones that's an incremental update, or the 630 that should be coming to phones later in the year.

Differences between the generations are more pronounced with the 800 series chips (like the 835 in the OnePlus 5), especially between the 810 and the 820.
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-28-17 07:40 PM

Mine is dead in 5 or 6 depending on the days use.
    Wow if you can do that !!! Next time you have a 5 or 6 hour usage "day" post some screen shots of your battery profile and usage. Might be enlightening for all of us.
    07-28-17 07:41 PM
    I don't play games or stream so it last 9 hours SOT but if someone plays games and stream all day, I am sure it won't last 9 hours SOT.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 07:50 PM
    My only issue with the battery life is the standby time (phone idle draining too much battery). The K1 doesn't appear to have a 'sleep mode' after not being used for awhile. All the other phones I've owned never had that issue. However, during actual usage the battery life is probably better than any other smartphone I've had, including the Passport. The only way I'd get more than one full day of _my_ usage, though, would be me putting the phone in flight mode during the night.
    07-29-17 01:40 AM
    my longest screen time is 12 hours and 11% left. the first day I installed all my apps , accounts. music and play arround etc. I had a whooping 11 hours when the battery died.

last week I had 5% left and used it 3 days + and had 9 hours on screen time.

Must say I don't use facebook stuff like messenger,whatsapp,instagram. I only use bbm, twitter and 5 e-mail adressses. Daily 50 minutes music from radio or streaming. ,No games only zookeeper. Online surfing, 9 gag and other appsm
    07-29-17 03:39 AM
    Don't know how you manage to use the display that bright? My display is plenty bright.
    I love it bright.

I know people like a few of my mates who use 100% brightness, THAT is far too much for me.
    07-29-17 06:41 AM
    web browsing is the biggest culprit, well on the bb classic anyway. Anyone browse alot notice battery drain on keyone?
    In the last 2-3years I have noticed that manufacturers have worked on Web browsing battery consumption, these newer gen 14nm and 10nm SoCs do a great job at managing themselves during heavy web browsing, also web browsers have become more efficient, even Google Chrome though I use Samsung's web browser as it has Ad Blocking extensions. Chrome is still on the heavier side versus other browsers, I must say.

The KEYOne will whipe the floor with your Classic in both web browsing experience (speed and fluidity) and in power consumption.
    07-29-17 06:48 AM
    The Snapdragon 625 is on the older side, though. There's the 626 in this year's crop of Moto Z phones that's an incremental update, or the 630 that should be coming to phones later in the year.

Differences between the generations are more pronounced with the 800 series chips (like the 835 in the OnePlus 5), especially between the 810 and the 820.
    What saves the 625 is that Manufacturers are able to buy it cheap and then throw in a huge battery. What they save in SoC cost they can throw into battery.

I honestly don't believe its a good chip, it seems average at best, but it keeps making its way into phones with huge batteries and low res displays. Even the notorious 810 would do well if it was coupled with a 1080P panel and 3500mAh battery.

I wish AnandTech had done a proper power consumption comparison between some of these chips.
    07-29-17 06:58 AM
    All I know is that I have never, ever had to top up my KEYone during the day. I get up at 6:00 AM, use the phone regularly all day, have everything turned on (i.e. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location, 50% screen brightness with adaptive brightness ON, everything) and by the end of the day it has between 30 and 50% left. This is the first phone that I didn't have to optimize anything for battery life.... just left it as is.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-29-17 07:43 AM
    Must say I don't use facebook stuff like messenger,whatsapp,instagram.
    I decided to replace the official Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps with Friendly today. Let's see if that helps improve the standby battery life.
    07-29-17 01:31 PM

The KEYOne will whipe the floor with your Classic in both web browsing experience (speed and fluidity) and in power consumption.
    This is fact. I own both. No comparison in the least bit.
    07-29-17 07:27 PM
    What saves the 625 is that Manufacturers are able to buy it cheap and then throw in a huge battery. What they save in SoC cost they can throw into battery.

I honestly don't believe its a good chip, it seems average at best, but it keeps making its way into phones with huge batteries and low res displays. Even the notorious 810 would do well if it was coupled with a 1080P panel and 3500mAh battery.

I wish AnandTech had done a proper power consumption comparison between some of these chips.
    Negative. My Note 4 that I once owned had an 810 with a 3k mAh something battery and a 5.7" QHD display and the battery was marginal at best.
    07-29-17 07:29 PM
    Negative. My Note 4 that I once owned had an 810 with a 3k mAh something battery and a 5.7" QHD display and the battery was marginal at best.
    Nope. The Note 4 had an older 28nm Snapdragon 805 SoC based on Qualcomm's old Krait cores, I know because I had 1.

Samsung never put the Snapdragon 810 into any of their phones, it was meant to go in to the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, but in early testing stages Samsung discovered the 810's heating and throttling problems.
    07-30-17 03:31 AM
    Nope. The Note 4 had an older 28nm Snapdragon 805 SoC based on Qualcomm's old Krait cores, I know because I had 1.

Samsung never put the Snapdragon 810 into any of their phones, it was meant to go in to the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, but in early testing stages Samsung discovered the 810's heating and throttling problems.
    You are correct, it was the 805. I couldn't remember and for some reason thought it was the 810.
    07-30-17 06:53 AM
95 ... 234