I'm getting 2 days easily as a "heavy" user.
    07-22-17 09:05 AM
    Two phones I was able to get about 12 hours OST; Moto Z Play and BlackBerry KEYone. both with 625.
    Turn brightness all the way down (adaptive off), disable BlackBerry hub, run one lite application at a time (not youtube) but usually I just text and I can get insane battery life!!

Now if you have your brightness up, playing youtube and BlackBerry Hub is syncing 4 emails, running bbm, whatsapp, linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, yeah you won't get but maybe 8 hours OST. It's all about how hard the processor is working. simple!!
    [/QUOTE]
    Very true.

My phone right now has 5 email accounts going, 2 Instagram profiles (1 personal 1 business), 2 Twitter profiles (1 personal 1 business), Snapchat, Skype, WhatsApp with around 4 highly active Group Chats, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tinder, and then I use YouTube quite a bit, I have around 4 Automotive vlogs I keep up with (Autovlog, Daily Driven Exotics, Doctam3 and Doug DeMuro), got Tapatalk going, XDA App etc....

The fact that I can get 7h SOT on a non 625 device is amazing. I'd consider myself a "heavy" user.
    07-22-17 11:04 AM
    no way even with constant screen time I finally hit 15% at 1215am in the morning!
    07-22-17 11:11 AM
    I came close.. SOT officially 8hrs 24mins with 11% remaining. Pretty standard day with Bluetooth and location only when needed. OFF when not in use. On WIFI for half of the day. Brightness about 30%.
    Attached Thumbnails Can You Deplete The Battery in 10 Hours?-203964.jpg  
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-23-17 03:34 AM
    I stil haven't been able to deplete my battery in 10 hours. I've used my phone a lot today. With lots and lots of data usage (like streaming and browsing and using a variety of online messaging services etc. for hours. Even lots of location based services). 14 hours of battery life today with 9 hours of SOT.
    Last edited by Barbareren; 07-25-17 at 01:22 AM.
    07-25-17 01:12 AM
    I stil haven't been able to deplete my battery in 10 hours. I've used my phone a lot today. With lots and lots of data usage (like streaming and browsing and using a variety of online messaging services etc. for hours. Even lots of location based services). 14 hours of battery life today with 9 hours of SOT.
    You're on the phone for the whole 10 hrs? Well, congrats!

****Berry
    07-26-17 07:58 PM
    You're on the phone for the whole 10 hrs? Well, congrats!

****Berry
    For 9 hours (SOT), yes, I was.
    07-26-17 08:03 PM
    I've got 11.5-12 hours SOT with 34-36 hours on battery a couple times but I've been averaging around 48 hours on battery with 9-10 hours SOT.
    07-26-17 10:26 PM
    I've got 11.5-12 hours SOT with 34-36 hours on battery a couple times but I've been averaging around 48 hours on battery with 9-10 hours SOT.
    With WiFi and mobile data always on?
    07-26-17 10:42 PM
    With WiFi and mobile data always on?
    WiFi and Mobile Data on, location off, BT on, screen brightness at 25%, absolutely zero social media junk installed so the only thing being pushed is my Gmail account and the occasional notification from apps like Amazon, B of A, FedEx, etc.

WiFi is set to keep on during sleep only while charging.

BT is on but only connected to my vehicle when driving.
    07-26-17 10:51 PM
    WiFi and Mobile Data on, location off, BT on, screen brightness at 25%, absolutely zero social media junk installed so the only thing being pushed is my Gmail account and the occasional notification from apps like Amazon, B of A, FedEx, etc.

WiFi is set to keep on during sleep only while charging.

BT is on but only connected to my vehicle when driving.
    Zero Social Media and Display that is pretty much dark, that explains it.

No idea how you manage to use the display that Dark, I can't do less than 45% on any phone. LOL.
    07-27-17 12:15 AM
    Am I the only one that noticed that the battery depletes pretty quickly between 100-95% but then as the numbers move down, they last longer? It might not be specific to the K1 as my S7 did that after a few months. Is it a normal thing?

For example, I charge it to 100% then unplug it and leave it on airplane mode with (almost?) no apps running in background right before going to sleep, and I wake up to it at low 98% to low 99%.

That being said, I did my first 2 days on 1 charge
    07-28-17 06:10 AM
    The battery is good on this phone. If you turn things off like location services, don't make phone calls, and only use messaging and occasional browsing of course its going to last long. That goes for any phone.

Try running GPS on it and see how quick it sucks the battery. Personally I don't see the point of turning off everything just to get 2 days of battery life. Is it to say "Hey I get two days battery life!" Just charge the phone before you go to sleep.
    07-28-17 06:43 AM
    Am I the only one that noticed that the battery depletes pretty quickly between 100-95% but then as the numbers move down, they last longer? It might not be specific to the K1 as my S7 did that after a few months. Is it a normal thing?

For example, I charge it to 100% then unplug it and leave it on airplane mode with (almost?) no apps running in background right before going to sleep, and I wake up to it at low 98% to low 99%.

That being said, I did my first 2 days on 1 charge
    Yep, I have noticed this on many Androids I have owned, especially after a major update.
    07-28-17 07:24 AM
    Zero Social Media and Display that is pretty much dark, that explains it.

No idea how you manage to use the display that Dark, I can't do less than 45% on any phone. LOL.
    Don't know how you manage to use the display that bright? My display is plenty bright.
    07-28-17 09:45 AM
    The battery is good on this phone. If you turn things off like location services, don't make phone calls, and only use messaging and occasional browsing of course its going to last long. That goes for any phone.

Try running GPS on it and see how quick it sucks the battery. Personally I don't see the point of turning off everything just to get 2 days of battery life. Is it to say "Hey I get two days battery life!" Just charge the phone before you go to sleep.
    Don't need location services except for the rare occasion that I open Google Maps to check freeway traffic.
    07-28-17 09:47 AM
    matbe with gaming
    07-28-17 10:06 AM
    web browsing is the biggest culprit, well on the bb classic anyway. Anyone browse alot notice battery drain on keyone?
    07-28-17 10:15 AM
    web browsing is the biggest culprit, well on the bb classic anyway. Anyone browse alot notice battery drain on keyone?
    Phone calls over bluetooth suck the battery dry.
    07-28-17 11:03 AM
    matbe with gaming
    Yeah, there's a mile between "check my emails and fill out the crossword" and "Pokemon Go, Bluetooth streaming and mobile hotspot at the same time". The latter should bring just about any phone to its knees.
    07-28-17 12:13 PM
    Don't need location services except for the rare occasion that I open Google Maps to check freeway traffic.
    I understand, but waxing on about how great the battery is when specific features of the phone are turned off just don't really make much sense to me.
    07-28-17 03:52 PM
    I understand, but waxing on about how great the battery is when specific features of the phone are turned off just don't really make much sense to me.
    Likewise, keeping specific features on that you know you don't, or very rarely use doesn't make much sense to me.
    07-28-17 03:55 PM
    I can browse using Chrome or even Orbot for an hour and not see that much of a dent in the battery. That is straight browsing websites like Reuters, Amazon, eBay, etc. No YouTube or any of that stuff.
    07-28-17 03:58 PM
    Likewise, keeping specific features on that you know you don't, or very rarely use doesn't make much sense to me.
    You're right, and I agree with you. I just don't understand I guess why posting how great a battery is makes any sense when you have specific battery draining features turned off. I get not wanting things on that you don't use, but it doesn't really give a picture of how the battery performs.
    07-28-17 04:00 PM
    You're right, and I agree with you. I just don't understand I guess why posting how great a battery is makes any sense when you have specific battery draining features turned off. I get not wanting things on that you don't use, but it doesn't really give a picture of how the battery performs.
    Right. Well, everyone is different and sets their phones up differently according to their needs. No one will ever know the true battery life of any smartphone in the world based on these things. We can just estimate based on all the reports out there about specific phones battery life. As for me, I don't believe that GPS is a core function of a smartphone. It is more of a tracking/spying protocol and I'll have none of it with the rare occasion of what I said above in reference to Google Maps. A quick on and off.

Being said, the K1 still has the best battery life of any smartphone I've personally touched...by far margins.
    07-28-17 04:07 PM
95 1234