After tons of research and trial-and-error when looking for a good call recorder for my PRIV, I found and was using ACR, which I was quite pleased with -- but which I can't seem to get to work at all on the KEYone (I tried setting it to BB Android 7 and to Android 7.1.1, and I just updated ACR, but it always says it can't record the call).

Can I get a recommendation on a good, stable call recorder that people have had good success with on the KEYone?

I need it to be able to record:
    - both sides OR just my side, depending on the setting I preset
    - phone or BT or speaker even if I change them during a call
    - ideally on the fly with an on-screen button rather than all
    - and/or ideally with a prompt to save or not after the call

Thanks!
    11-03-17 06:13 PM
    try call box
    11-03-17 06:38 PM
    try call box
    Seriously? Looks pretty lousy compared to others that are available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...craft.call_box
    11-03-17 06:53 PM
    ACR works great for me. I'm using the Beta-version from the Play Store. I've set everything to automatic. Recording format: M4A. And I removed all delays, i.e. set them to 0. But that was it. And it's happily recording all calls for me.
    11-03-17 07:03 PM
    has anybody tried 'parrot'?
    11-03-17 07:21 PM
    ACR works great for me. I'm using the Beta-version from the Play Store. I've set everything to automatic. Recording format: M4A. And I removed all delays, i.e. set them to 0. But that was it. And it's happily recording all calls for me.
    Could you please do me a big favor and test it if you set it to record "voice uplink" only? And to do the same when using BT?

I'm interested in recording only my end of the conversations sometimes.

Thanks!
    11-03-17 07:24 PM
    call recorder pro. call recorder is free (not pro edition) if you want to try it
    11-03-17 10:27 PM
    By the way, I didn't notice a beta version. I have noticed, though, that we need to be very clear in discussions about these things because multiple products from different vendors seem to carry the identical name. I recall seeing a few products called ACR.

That's why I provided a link in the OP to the one I'm refering to.
    11-03-17 11:34 PM
    call recorder pro. call recorder is free (not pro edition) if you want to try it
    Are you referring to Call Recorder Pro, by Green Apple Studio?

Or are you referring to the Pro (licensed) version of Call Recorder - ACR, by NLL?

In the past I used Automatica Call Recorder, by Appliqato on the Priv, and I really don't remember why I looked for something "better" (and ended up with ACR by NLL -- which, as I said, isn't working for me on the KEYone).
    11-04-17 12:17 AM
    has anybody tried 'parrot'?
    Haven't used it for call recording but it's wonderful as a recorder for everything else.

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    11-04-17 12:59 AM
    UPDATE: I played with Call Recorder - ACR, by NLL again and got it to work. The issue I've had is trying to record when on a Bluetooth headset. It says the headset needs to be connected before recording but it seems the opposite is the case, at least with manual recording, which is all I'm trying at this time. It has to be on phone or speakerphone when hitting the record button during the call, at which time I can set it back to the Bluetooth headset while talking and recording. However, even when doing that, it only records my side of the conversation when on a Bluetooth headset (which for most of my purposes is fine because that's all I wanted anyway). It seems to do fine when set to auto and not using a Bluetooth headset.

By the way, this app has way more options than either of those others or any others I've seen. I very highly recommend looking into it.

It was highly recommended on the forums when I was searching months ago for one for my Priv and it seems to have the most users by far.
    11-04-17 12:59 AM
    Seriously? Looks pretty lousy compared to others that are available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...craft.call_box
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...srobot.callbox
    11-04-17 01:32 AM
    UPDATE: Oh, it seems I have the same problem with one of those other apps, too. I guess recording the other side of a conversation when on Bluetooth must be a limitaiton of Android 7 or the KEYone somehow.
    11-04-17 02:02 AM
    Oh, that looks more like it. Even still, I like the robust features in the one I last mentioned. If this one you suggested can record both sides of a conversation when on Bluetooth I'd be interested in know that. I'm assuming it can't since I think none can on the KEYone at present.
    11-04-17 02:12 AM
    Do you have any problems with the sound volume of the person on the other side being too soft or low? But your own voice is loud and clear?

I'm having this problem, but cant seem to replicate it.. It happens randomly..sometimes both ways are clear, but sometimes only my voice is load and clear..
    11-04-17 02:16 AM
    ACR from NLL Apps seems to work pretty good on my keyONE, used free version now for half a day
    11-04-17 10:59 AM
    ACR from NLL Apps seems to work pretty good on my keyONE, used free version now for half a day
    Are you able to test whether it will record the other party when using a Bluetooth headset?
    11-04-17 11:01 AM
    Haven't used it for call recording but it's wonderful as a recorder for everything else.

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    Well the lifetime app costs 20 bucks, and only with a payed version one can try phone call recording - well one could go into montly subscription, but I thinkg the one would have to at least do several months or for sure again deactivate etc.... Seems a bit unfair - I would like to try the app like ACR before i buy...
    11-04-17 11:05 AM
    Are you referring to Call Recorder Pro, by Green Apple Studio?

Or are you referring to the Pro (licensed) version of Call Recorder - ACR, by NLL?

In the past I used Automatica Call Recorder, by Appliqato on the Priv, and I really don't remember why I looked for something "better" (and ended up with ACR by NLL -- which, as I said, isn't working for me on the KEYone).
    I use the one you used to use on priv
    11-04-17 11:08 AM
    anyone know of a call recording app that records whatsapp calls?
    11-04-17 11:09 AM
    I use the one you used to use on priv
    What ACR by NLL seems to have over that one (and over any others I've seen so far) is the following (among other things):

- ability to manually record calls on the fly with an on-screen record button that's always there when you're on a call

- ability to be prompted after each recorded call ends to ask if you want to keep the recording or not
    11-04-17 11:18 AM
    You're unaware of features on the previous one - you can have that prompt after each call. manually recording can be done with a shake of the device
    11-04-17 11:27 AM
    You're unaware of features on the previous one - you can have that prompt after each call. manually recording can be done with a shake of the device
    Oh, yeah. I see. I'll experiment with that.

I think I ignored the "shake" section since it seems a bit imprecise to me to shake the phone to get it to initiate an action. Seems too easy to have it happen accidentally, or not respond when you want. But I guess it has the advantage of not taking up space with an on-screen button during all calls. I don't know why I didn't notice the "after call" section.
    11-04-17 11:32 AM
    Parrot.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 11:32 AM
    Are you able to test whether it will record the other party when using a Bluetooth headset?
    Sorry don't have any Bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 02:17 PM
36 12