Can the k1 be made to operate like a passport with a full case/cover flap?

I want the screen to shut off when case Cover is flipped over screen as well as have screen come back on and automatically answer incoming phone calls.

I drive all day and it was perfection with the passport to flip open case and it answered call and then shut off call when cover was closed.
    01-02-18 10:53 PM
    I use the accessibility option to double-tap space bar to answer a call then power to end the call. I can't speak for a flip cover, though. Those bug me.
    01-03-18 03:02 AM
    I believe the official flip over case does turn the screen off.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-03-18 06:45 AM
    I believe the official flip over case does turn the screen off.
    It has a magnet in it? I wonder why the proximity switch isn't used? I found another thread where the poster showed he could turn off the screen of the k1 in a specific placement, but I couldn't duplicate. I'll have to research the official case. I paid $10 for a decent case but apparently no magnet. Although another poster said they added a magnet to theirs, which I'll also try if I can find the sweet spot.
    01-03-18 09:18 AM
    I use the accessibility option to double-tap space bar to answer a call then power to end the call. I can't speak for a flip cover, though. Those bug me.
    But the flip to answer a call and end a call is a life saver for me while driving. I don't have a vehicle with a bluetooth to phone connection.

Some old Blackberrys had an auto answer function which after one ring the connection was opened and you could start talking! Oh how I miss a real BB! But for now I'm going back to my passport with case while driving.
    01-03-18 09:22 AM
    Can the k1 be made to operate like a passport with a full case/cover flap?

I want the screen to shut off when case Cover is flipped over screen as well as have screen come back on and automatically answer incoming phone calls.

I drive all day and it was perfection with the passport to flip open case and it answered call and then shut off call when cover was closed.
    I don't know about ANSWERING a call. But, yes, a case with the appropriately located magnet will turn the phone on/off (well sleep and wake). I've got the Stilgut flip case with clip and really like it. Protects the phone, keyboard and screen. I also had one of theirs for my Priv. Works well. Check if still available on Amazon.

And I did post photos showing the magnet's placement which some folks have used to put a magnet in a case without a magnet.
    01-03-18 10:27 AM
    I don't know about ANSWERING a call. But, yes, a case with the appropriately located magnet will turn the phone on/off (well sleep and wake). I've got the Stilgut flip case with clip and really like it. Protects the phone, keyboard and screen. I also had one of theirs for my Priv. Works well. Check if still available on Amazon.

And I did post photos showing the magnet's placement which some folks have used to put a magnet in a case without a magnet.
    Is the magnet placement needs to be precise? I tried various magnets last night, one powerful, but couldn't get the screen off. Is there a setting that requires turning on first?
    01-03-18 10:41 AM
    Is the magnet placement needs to be precise? I tried various magnets last night, one powerful, but couldn't get the screen off. Is there a setting that requires turning on first?
    Go to Settings > Display > scroll to the bottom and make sure "Smart Cover" is enabled.
    rolfep likes this.
    01-03-18 02:32 PM
    I will repost images as trying to find my post may be hard

Can the KEYone be made to function like Passport with full case-keyone-sleep-sensor.jpg

Can the KEYone be made to function like Passport with full case-keyone-sleep-sensor2.jpg
    01-03-18 03:09 PM
    Go to Settings > Display > scroll to the bottom and make sure "Smart Cover" is enabled.
    Yep, that did it! Thank you!
    01-03-18 03:47 PM
    Hmmm, Display doesn't show "Smart cover" option on my AT&T K1.
    01-03-18 06:17 PM
    Hmmm, Display doesn't show "Smart cover" option on my AT&T K1.
    I have the unlocked BBB100-1. I don't know where it would be on yours.
    01-03-18 09:47 PM
    I will repost images as trying to find my post may be hard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KeyOne Sleep Sensor.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	432904

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KeyOne Sleep Sensor2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	432905
    Good afternoon FF22. My case came without a magnet. What time that, where can I get one and is it felt covered? Thanks in advance.
    02-15-18 06:56 PM
    Good afternoon FF22. My case came without a magnet. What time that, where can I get one and is it felt covered? Thanks in advance.
    Ebay, rare earth magnetshttps://m.ebay.com/itm/20-50-200Pcs-N50-Strong-Round-Magnets-10-x-1-mm-Disc-Rare-Earth-Neodymium/253103311765?_trksid=p2504926.m5232.l9681
    02-15-18 07:05 PM
    Thank you
    02-15-18 07:26 PM
    Looks like the magnet has no protection on it. How do you protect the screen where it makes contact? Thanks again,
    02-15-18 07:28 PM
    Looks like the magnet has no protection on it. How do you protect the screen where it makes contact? Thanks again,
    Some cases have credit card slots. Or you might be able to cut into the inner lining and slip a magnet inside. Or protect it with a covering of tape avoiding residue along the edges. Or maybe even a covering of some silicon glue. But you don't want too big a lump or bump that could be pressure on the screen if the cover is pressed by something or in a pocket. The Stilgut case I have has a magnet built in. But last I looked they were out of stock, I think.
    02-16-18 12:24 AM
    Thank you. Much appreciated.
    02-16-18 12:27 AM